"Nike air Flight Huarache" Still hoping, praying, and waiting for these to return. This year or n

I had hoped that it was the lighting that was making the purple look dull, but that video says otherwise. Almost had it Nike. SMH

I had hoped that it was the lighting that was making the purple look dull, but that video says otherwise. Almost had it Nike. SMH

It’s unbelievable :smh:
And we’ve got that developer/designer out there jerking himself and the product team for creating such a perfect retro :rofl:
How effing difficult is it to match some colors, or at least come damn close?

Really hoping its just the sample shoe that's circulating and that the final release won't be that shade of purple

Unfortunately, these aren’t samples. They are already out in Japan.

Yeah, ta2and0 ta2and0 is right. It's too many pics from too many different places to think this is anything other than what it is. And they had the nerve to put the last retro in the thumbnail of that video to get my hopes up when I saw the shade of purple. :lol:

How da hell did nike messed up da toe box on these?..cmon nike, the toe box suppose to be slanted. They can fix da air max 1 og tox box,haurache lows and etc...but not these...cmon nike stop with da banana shape toe

Is this one of those things that because it's not the original, it's bad? Or do y'all actually like the original shade of purple more?

There isn't really a shade of purple I don't like lol. Originals look better IMO but I ain't mad

Is this one of those things that because it's not the original, it's bad? Or do y'all actually like the original shade of purple more?

There isn't really a shade of purple I don't like lol. Originals look better IMO but I ain't mad

It's more about how they can't just do something correctly. Like rainking rainking said, if they hadn't been slurping themselves about creating a 1:1 replica of the original and talking about all the time and effort they put into making it correct, then maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation in here.

I think the bigger issue is dude who worked on em tooting his own horn saying they made a perfect retro. I’m in regardless, but that shade of purple makes them far from perfect. We’ve been getting some good retros of OG colorways lately. Considering they’ve gotten the purple close before, it’s disappointing to see em take a step back.

I think the bigger issue is dude who worked on em tooting his own horn saying they made a perfect retro. I’m in regardless, but that shade of purple makes them far from perfect. We’ve been getting some good retros of OG colorways lately. Considering they’ve gotten the purple close before, it’s disappointing to see em take a step back.

This is exactly what I don't understand. The purple has been correct-ish on every version of this (retro, Free, etc) until now. It makes absolutely zero sense to say you're correcting all this other stuff, then go backwards on something you were already doing right.

They probably did it on purpose to give heads a reason to buy them again the next time they drop. The purple will be correct, but the blue will be off :lol:

I understand why yall are upset about this, and i dont like it either, but I'm more interested in how these feel on foot. I'm hoping they're at least something close to the 2003 retro. I'm also happy to see they are doing a replica box, that usually is a good sign.

Shade of purple aside, I'm hyped :smokin

Last edited:

It’s like Jordan Brand releasing the UNC 11s with a royal blue Jumpman.

You answered your own question.

It's more about how they can't just do something correctly. Like rainking rainking said, if they hadn't been slurping themselves about creating a 1:1 replica of the original and talking about all the time and effort they put into making it correct, then maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation in here.

Exactly. I'm probably as "mad" about how these people take us for idiots as I am about the actual color used here. You don't even have to be someone who was around for the OGs, or someone who's a Flight Huarache historian, to see with your own eyes the purple is incorrect. Or that the shape does not appear the same as the OG.

They probably did it on purpose to give heads a reason to buy them again the next time they drop. The purple will be correct, but the blue will be off :lol:

I understand why yall are upset about this, and i dont like it either, but I'm more interested in how these feel on foot. I'm hoping they're at least something close to the 2003 retro. I'm also happy to see they are doing a replica box, that usually is a good sign.

Shade of purple aside, I'm hyped :smokin

Related to my comment directly above, I agree with you, as well. These overall look like a good improvement over the last trash retro. I'm still excited to get them, and I will happily wear them---just not as happily as I would have if they came out with the correct color.
The design-team member who was slurping himself and the team over these being perfect has lost credibility thanks to the color and shape appearing most definitely NOT 1:1 with the OG, but I hope what he said about these being improved so people can play in them is actually true. That will mean they are definitely better quality overall vs. the previous retro, which was so trash it ripped apart on a bunch of people who tried playing in them.

In my head I was thinking, if the original was darker purple and the retro had brighter purple, would darker purple be considered better simply because it's original? Or is it about actual aesthetics?

This is a meaningless hypothetical I invented for the sake of argument, I know. But I like both the lighter and darker purples and I'm hoping I can use my friend's swoosh to cop these 2023s like I did in 2014 because the difference isn't that meaningful to me.

In my head I was thinking, if the original was darker purple and the retro had brighter purple, would darker purple be considered better simply because it's original? Or is it about actual aesthetics?

This is a meaningless hypothetical I invented for the sake of argument, I know. But I like both the lighter and darker purples and I'm hoping I can use my friend's swoosh to cop these 2023s like I did in 2014 because the difference isn't that meaningful to me.

Ah, I see what you mean. Fair question. Personally, it happens to be both in this case. I prefer the OG color because it's what was on the OGs, and as luck would have it, it also happens to look better.
That said, if the OG used this duller/darker purple, then that's what I would want on the retros even though I think a brighter purple looks better.

It look like they went off the sketch instead of the actual OG shoe. Purple seems to match the purple in the sketch.

Back
Top Bottom