Nike Air Flight Lite II retro looks to be coming

It’s like if JB were to retro Olympic 7 and leave at the metallic silver hits.

I'm aware lol. For whatever reason, this is less offensive to me than if they'd done it to the 7's. It's not AS central to the design as it was to the 7's. I may also get a friend to add the silver for me if they're that bad in person.

Next up!? 8)

lf.jpg

Next up!? 8)

lf.jpg

Sadly it will never happen! 😢😢 And I say this as I SO BADLY want a pair of Ballistic Force (in the OG Olympic color way) but Nike won't do it. It seems like those older high tops that weren't high line models (those with a cult following) they don't think will generate a large enough interest from the masses.

Perfect example of this, Nike had a sample of the 1993 Nike Air Force Mid (the one with the strap, that Dan Majerle wore in the Nike commercial). They made it all the way to sample, and it looked amazing. Dead ringer to the OG (I'm sure materials would be lacking all things considered) but this was a shoe that many wanted to come back, in both the mid AND the high top model (high top was a shoe Zo wore, and it was a true HIGH top, like the Command Forces. Think BJ Armstrong also wore the highs in the playoffs in 1993).

I know I'm in the group who would LOVE it if Nike actually opened their back catalogs to the late 80s early 90s and released some of the Flight highs and Force highs. They would sell, as would the Ballistics above. Heck, they brought back a grail for me years ago in the Air Unlimited! Was a terrible representation (materials were god awful and the overall look was off, as was the color of the OG Webbers, the blue was off) but they actually did it, shockingly, and I got them because nostalgia! Fingers crossed they do bring our these, but I won't hold my breath! 😢😢

^ Yes!! I remember the sample Force 93 mid pics that dropped a couple years back....got me hyped. For no reason. |l

Those in the black (Jalen Rose style) are on my personal Mt Rushmore

Almost Olympics showed up today not even 24 hours after ordering. Might be the fastest standard shipping I've ever gotten from Nike. I ordered 2 because I legitimately planned on doubling up. Good thing I did, because as is becoming the standard with the model, there are an absolute ton that are jacked up. Was able to put together one acceptable pair out of them. The lack of silver is way more noticeable than I'd hoped. Already talking to my customizer friend about adding the silver. Luckily Pip is his favorite player, so it should be an easy decision for him lol.

Warped to hell and back pair...

PXL_20220331_002853997.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220331_002914591.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220331_003010290.PORTRAIT.jpg

One of the solid ones...

PXL_20220331_003106496.jpg

PXL_20220331_003302621.PORTRAIT.jpg

Almost Olympics showed up today not even 24 hours after ordering. Might be the fastest standard shipping I've ever gotten from Nike. I ordered 2 because I legitimately planned on doubling up. Good thing I did, because as is becoming the standard with the model, there are an absolute ton that are jacked up. Was able to put together one acceptable pair out of them. The lack of silver is way more noticeable than I'd hoped. Already talking to my customizer friend about adding the silver. Luckily Pip is his favorite player, so it should be an easy decision for him lol.

Warped to hell and back pair...

PXL_20220331_002853997.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220331_002914591.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220331_003010290.PORTRAIT.jpg

One of the solid ones...

PXL_20220331_003106496.jpg

PXL_20220331_003302621.PORTRAIT.jpg
Here we go again 🤣

Here we go again 🤣

Yep. As you know, it's not just that they're Laced too tight or something. It's that they were either attached to the soles wrong, or they're just flat out warped and crooked. I have no idea how this can keep happening without some kind of corrective action being taken at the factories.

Yep. As you know, it's not just that they're Laced too tight or something. It's that they were either attached to the soles wrong, or they're just flat out warped and crooked. I have no idea how this can keep happening without some kind of corrective action being taken at the factories.
It’s beyond bizarre at this point 🤣
Colorway after colorway, same thing. Some PLM has to be getting an earful about this. They must’ve had a billion returns already, half of them from us alone LOL

73A562F8-BE0A-4C5B-B69D-CBC863666564.jpeg
Glad to have them but damn the QC is bad on these.

Looks like you got a solid pair. I'm definitely happy to have them back after trading them away 30 years ago, but I do wish they'd put a little more effort into them.

My Olympic pair is ready to get back to the store after ordering them and see in hand how poorly made they are.
This is killing me because these are nearly my favorite kicks of all time, but they don't pass my own "quality control"
jordan-shrug.gif

alright... bit the bullet and got the olympics. Hope I get a good pair. Had $43.00 in my PP account so it softened the blow....

Interesting theory from Weartesters and scollard23 that the lack of silver is actually closer to Pip's game pairs...

Screenshot_20220405-200952.png
I mean it's possible this is the reason.

Nike leaves big details off retro shoes all the time though so who really knows if it was thoughtfully planned out or as luck would have it a white panel version also existed.

It's more then likely luck lol.

I just want these to sit and go on sale. Hopefully these will be ignored, which is seeming more and more likely.

Interesting theory from Weartesters and scollard23 that the lack of silver is actually closer to Pip's game pairs...

Screenshot_20220405-200952.png

I mean it's possible this is the reason.

Nike leaves big details off retro shoes all the time though so who really knows if it was thoughtfully planned out or as luck would have it a white panel version also existed.

It's more then likely luck lol.
Wow. I don’t think I ever realized that. Random luck or not, at least it makes the released pair a lot more historically accurate.

Back
Top Bottom