Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

Originally Posted by oregoncalfroper

Originally Posted by trappedintime

I've been unemployed before, actually for the better part of last year I was, with a bachelors and masters. So I know it can be tough. And I won't blame someone for trying to make a buck, but let's get real: if you spend a week on a sidewalk, that's another week you weren't looking for a job. Meanwhile, you dropped $200 on some sneakers to gouge some honest people with jobs, who would have just bought them at retail if they didn't have to battle these same guys to camp for 5-7 days. These campers who are unemployed trying to make a buck are only setting themselves back in the process. How many week long campouts are you going to do? When does it end? Get a real job. They're out there still, you just have to be persistent rather than sleeping on a sidewalk to make a week's keep while keeping products out of the hands of responsible, hard working people with disposable income to spend on these.
THIS
DEFINITELY this, trapped i continue to agree...
That maybe the best post I've ever read on NikeTalk. (2 chainz voice) DAHYUM!

Originally Posted by RiverPhoenix

verysteri otypical wrote:

oregoncalfroper wrote:

trappedintime wrote:

I've been unemployed before, actually for the better part of last year I was, with a bachelors and masters. So I know it can be tough. And I won't blame someone for trying to make a buck, but let's get real: if you spend a week on a sidewalk, that's another week you weren't looking for a job. Meanwhile, you dropped $200 on some sneakers to gouge some honest people with jobs, who would have just bought them at retail if they didn't have to battle these same guys to camp for 5-7 days. These campers who are unemployed trying to make a buck are only setting themselves back in the process. How many week long campouts are you going to do? When does it end? Get a real job. They're out there still, you just have to be persistent rather than sleeping on a sidewalk to make a week's keep while keeping products out of the hands of responsible, hard working people with disposable income to spend on these.
THIS

images

hustle however you can. and don't hate on the next man for his hustle. I swear theres so many haters in this thread salty because they won't get a pair. be mad at the company, the store that allows it. who says you HAVE to pay the reseller?

Originally Posted by BlaSiaN

Originally Posted by Glockwork3

What's all this wristband talk about? Here in Raleigh i called and said you can't camp at the mall til thursday at 1am, they open at 6am friday and only have 1 of each size... INFO?

Yeahhh same thing here brooooo but they saidd 5 dudes fleww out from philly just to start camping so whats the deal with that ?
anything like the concord release and mall cops will kick them out til midnight Friday, bout to stop by and get the first hand scoop, good luck

^ exactly.

ive never paid something i didnt want to pay.

ive never been forced to pay a reseller.

THE BUYERS ARE RUINING THIS HOBBY OF OURS NOT THE RESELLER.

Originally Posted by bigkel23

Originally Posted by parry36

Footaction always gets foams but a few days back they said they're not getting the galaxy's... but since NDC and Eastbay ain't getting these... yall think footaction will get them? Those pairs had to go somewhere

A footaction dwn here is releasing them. Manager said dudes been there since monday
which footaction is that? must be down south because sitting outside a week in minnesota this time of year is not realistic, even for a 2k come-up haha.

Damn you guys werent lying when you say that this thread made a lot of new members. Me and some guy was talking about the sole collector foams a few pages back and I specifically said they have the FOAMS for 2gs (sole collector) and then i get this message from a random dude
roll.gif
roll.gif
I think this is the guy that said "jordan galaxy"

[h2]to:Spectacular23subject:Hello[/h2]

CallofKicks

on_line.gif
100 Points

Whats the name of the spot that has the jordans for 2 grand in NYC?

Search Tags: callofkicks

View all Messages from Single Message View

No Galaxy's on NDC ... cool with me. Now maybe I can grab some KD IV's without a crash. Good luck to those trying to get the Galaxy in this sea of madness.

Originally Posted by bigkel23

Footaction always gets foams but a few days back they said they're not getting the galaxy's... but since NDC and Eastbay ain't getting these... yall think footaction will get them? Those pairs had to go somewhere

A footaction dwn here is releasing them. Manager said dudes been there since monday
which footaction is that? must be down south because sitting outside a week in minnesota this time of year is not realistic, even for a 2k come-up haha.
at dolphin mall in miami... i heard they're the largest volume seller in this region

update from arden fair mall sacramento. the mall security supervisor said no line up's til 4 am friday. he also said if people keep lining up they will get arrested for trespassing. put your sprinter shoes on cus you will need it cus you will be running from the sidewalk to form a line as soon as 4am hits. goodluck to everyone and be safe.

Friend was lucky to grab the last pair yesterday, sz14...way too big for him but he bought to sell or trade...makes sense the way everyone is hyping these

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

images

hustle however you can. and don't hate on the next man for his hustle. I swear theres so many haters in this thread salty because they won't get a pair. be mad at the company, the store that allows it. who says you HAVE to pay the reseller?
Hustlin shoes doesn't get you anywhere in life. I don't hate on people who legitimately HUSTLE their +!*es off working real jobs, making real money. I'm not even mad about not getting a pair of these. I only have a few pair of Foams and while I like the galaxy theme of the ASG releases, I won't be losing sleep over not having these in my closet next week. The bottom line is that hustlin sneakers over the Internet to support yourself is not honorable or worthy of praise. It's the equivalent of flipping an ounce of weed at a time. Chump change that isn't going to get you anywhere but empty handed a year, five years, ten years down the line. Real hustlers get the education and skills that will last them their entire adult life, and then they have the money to do what they want, not sleep on sidewalks for a week at a time. Let's not glorify that garbage, because there's not anything admirable about it outside of a bunch of greedy consumers on a sneaker forum.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

images

who says were GOING to pay anyone?  no ones "salty" dude, trapped spoke the truth, some people just cant handle the truth...

@trapped so what if someone does make a living of selling sneakers and uses this money that they hustled up to get into something that gets them more cash, then what. i mean it can be done.

there are many ways to hustle and every way is not for everybody. that doesnt make it right or wrong, just different.

Originally Posted by FEETure

@trapped so what if someone does make a living of selling sneakers and uses this money that they hustled up to get into something that gets them more cash, then what. i mean it can be done.

there are many ways to hustle and every way is not for everybody. that doesnt make it right or wrong, just different.
spoken like a true liberal (damn i had to bring politics into a shoe forum?)...

Originally Posted by s dubl

This release has gotten out of hand. Nike has many LOYAL customers, that they will lose for good from releases like this. Some were on the edge already with price hikes, and quality decline.... this !$!# could just be the straw that broke the camels back....

i would never sleep on a side walk for shoes. but if someone wants to and has a buyer that will bring them 5x what they pay for the product who am i to say there hustle is stupid or unworthy or whatever.

i just dont understand how yall can hate another mans hustle that DOES NOT IN ANY HARM ANYONE.

Well for starters, there isn't that much money to be made. An average release profits $50-$75 a pair if you're lucky. How many pairs of this Galaxy are people going to be able to buy? One? Two if they are extremely lucky? Then what? That shoe will probably sit on ebay for a week. Then they'll relist it at a lower price. Maybe it will sell in a week or two, maybe it won't. Reselling sneakers is a pretty weak way to build up cash to get into something else. But the kinda chump that tries to make a living off shoes probably isn't going to be reinvesting his "huge" profits into anything worthwhile. Sounds like some people around here can't handle a dose of reality. Real jobs and real work are reliable and will take care of you. Leeching off a particular product just to turn it around for a small profit takes very little skill or talent. Let's not glorify lazy people who won't go out and earn their money, contributing to the productivity and output of this country.

i would never sleep on a side walk for shoes. but if someone wants to and has a buyer that will bring them 5x what they pay for the product who am i to say there hustle is stupid or unworthy or whatever.

i just dont understand how yall can hate another mans hustle that DOES NOT IN ANY HARM ANYONE.

Big picture, people with no marketable skills or talents hurt every taxpayer in this country. Resellers camping for sneakers hurt people who are into collecting shoes for the right reasons, not to gouge their fellow sneakerhead. And as we all know, campouts are notorious for violence, not to mention giving honest, education and hard working people who like sneakers a bad name. So yeah, you're completely wrong about it not harming anyone, but I expect that kind of perspective around here. If we want to get REAL - NT is full of people who grew up knowing street culture, the "hustle" and get their fashion and sneaker inspiration from hip-hop culture that glorifies hustling small time to "get big". The truth is it doesn't turn out like a Jay-Z story 99/100 times.

Originally Posted by UrboyzAris

So the footlocker and footaction or eastbay will not sell them online ?
It looks like a big negative for Eastbay, FootLocker, Champs, FNL, and FootAction.  If Niketown SF isn't getting them, then it's looking very bad as far as quantity.

Damn so I guess I ant buying them, you know if you need a ticket for footaction or footlocker if you going to make the line ?

Buying these sneakers aint really much of the hustle when you think about it. Lets do some math ladies and gentleman. For arguements sake, someone lines up on last saturday, and they plan to resell said sneakers for $1200. Thats means there outside for 168 hrs, and thats at a midnight release. so your out there for 120 hours your making $7.14 an hour. Thats really no money to pretend to be homeless, id rather flip burgers. Just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom