Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

This will turn into a never ending debate about race. A lot of white folks don't even think that racism still exist and a lot of us black people will sometimes use the race card a little too much. I do think that saying that blacks are the only ones responsible for the chaos is kind of ignorant. The few times that I stand in lines its always wayyy more white folks than blacks and if their was any issues it was always the drunk white guy. So stop pointing fingers at others. I think it has more to do with age way more than it does race. The nerve a some of you dudes...smh. The race card because of a shoe an African American guy wore lol

Originally Posted by facemafia

this aint the 1st time lateralus1082 has "slipped" up

No slipping up here, I call it as I see it. I just said what lots of people are thinking. People in this thread are ready to call al sharpton to defend them.

Originally Posted by judeezy36

the issue goes a lot deeper than the assumption that "black people are savages and don't know how to act at a sneaker release".

lack of opportunity+high unemployment rate+ opportunity for a quick come up for individuals from lower SES = recipe for disaster.

the culture of poverty is serious, man-- not saying that everyone who's poor subscribes to it.... but imagine being submersed in an environment where all you see is schemin', hustlin, and violence.  that stuff can get normalized in your mind real quick.
the factors are definitely more than "black/white"..but truth be told..besides the kids that don't have proper education or skill set, which race do u think has the most unemployment status?

seriously tho? y'all beefing about some sneakers. idc about the story behind it or anything, at the end of the day they are some damn sneakers.
point blank

the shoe game is pathetic now.... last few releases have really turned me off of wanting to even buy/collect shoes... been a avid sneakerhead since i was 12 and got my first pair of laney 5's.... end of 2011-2012 have really just turned me off of the shoe game...waited in line and i was so lucky to snag the last pair of concords on 1223 throughout all the tom foolery and shiesty people cutting in line breaking into the mall... the game has changed and its really pathetic to see people camping out for weeks for a shoe. i got a job and been collecting shoes longer than 80% of the so called "sneakerheads". its sad that nike hasnt developed a club for dedicated NTers and TRUE sneakerhead so we can for sure secure a pair without having to worry about getting pneumonia or getting stab and shot waiting for items we walk around in... so i say farewell to the grind of shoes.... im 25 now... would rather focus on LIFE goals than getting shut down for a pair of shoes
wink.gif

lol and now we are getting racism involved... hating on your fellow human being over shoes is LOW....

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by lateralus1082

Originally Posted by CameNyoGrill

Do I need to be the first one to point out the obvious answer to this question? I'm certainly not racist by the longest stretch, but stereotypes exist because they are true. Don't need to go any further.
DING DING DING! Finally someone got it right. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
@ this clown right here....

i remember you at the HOH 125th release for some 'Brons....son was od scared to leave the store alone, tryna make small talk the whole time we were waiting to get to the cashier n then started asking me and the homies if we were walking towards the train
30t6p3b.gif

he ain't racist...he just shook
roll.gif

I don't even live in NY, so I don't even know what the $%+% you're talking about. When I do line up for a pair, I make sure I conceal carry to be certain no one pulls any funny business.

laugh.gif

i remember you at the HOH 125th release for some 'Brons....son was od scared to leave the store alone, tryna make small talk the whole time we were waiting to get to the cashier n then started asking me and the homies if we were walking towards the train
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
Put him on blast LMAO
roll.gif

DING DING DING! Finally someone got it right. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

I don't even live in NY, so I don't even know what the $%+% you're talking about. When I do line up for a pair, I make sure I conceal carry to be certain no one pulls any funny business.
youre carrying weapons to a shoe release???

SMH youre the reason that the shoe game has become so pitiful.... im dead lol
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by heathunter881

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

I'm not gonna point fingers at any specific race but:

call us haters but at least we back up our logic

It's not really anything about race. It's about the generation.
Don't try to generalize anything based on race because it's just silly and outdated. 

Originally Posted by Magic1978

You dudes are idiots, it's all about organization.

One is an organized release. You line up, you get your phone. The other is unorganized.

I wonder what race is responsible for you dudes lack of intelligence.
you sir are an idiot. people that camped out days ahead are organized. doods that try to bump rush the door when they know for a fact there's only 20 pairs isn't. from the pictures above, which race do you think rushed the doors?

don't deny the obvious.

Which race are you?

So can you explain why nicekicks and other stores can have organized sneaker releases?

I've seen organized releases and unorganized ones. Race isn't a factor. That's why some stores have chaos on black friday and other ones have no issues.

If anything I'd think it was an age issue, more than race. The people waiting in line for apple products are mostly 30 plus. The people in sneaker lines are normally 22 and younger. Do you have the same incidents at adult clubs versus under 21? You're just not smart enough to think beyond your low IQ way of thinking, so you analyze in simplistic form...black and white. Keep wallowing in your ignorance.
i'm asian and what's your nationality? and no i'm not racist but i am a keen observer.

true, stores are also a culprit. personally, i don't understand why retail stores don't give up wristbands earlier after 1-3 days of camping. 

so what you're telling me is that only kids under 22 was out for the foam galaxy release? where did you get your data? my data is shown through pictures and videos. tell me this, why is it that when the foams dropped in cali you don't see/hear mass chaos similar to east coast release?

An adult with adult responsibilities probably has a job, so they're in bed instead of going to a 12am release. You think many adults are calling in to work, to maybe get some sneakers? You think many adults are camping out for a week for some sneakers?

So do you think many adults with a grown man job, not even a career were standing in line on a maybe. You think dudes were telling their wives, sorry honey, I'm going to camp out for a week, see you Friday?

Originally Posted by airtunes

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Im taking advantage of my 2nd amendment rights. If a pack of wild goons want to get cute, they can meet the business end of my .45

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Im taking advantage of my 2nd amendment rights. If a pack of wild goons want to get cute, they can meet the business end of my .45

definetly beats gettin robbed

Which race are you?

So can you explain why nicekicks and other stores can have organized sneaker releases?

I've seen organized releases and unorganized ones. Race isn't a factor. That's why some stores have chaos on black friday and other ones have no issues.

If anything I'd think it was an age issue, more than race. The people waiting in line for apple products are mostly 30 plus. The people in sneaker lines are normally 22 and younger. Do you have the same incidents at adult clubs versus under 21? You're just not smart enough to think beyond your low IQ way of thinking, so you analyze in simplistic form...black and white. Keep wallowing in your ignorance.
i'm asian and what's your nationality? and no i'm not racist but i am a keen observer.

true, stores are also a culprit. personally, i don't understand why retail stores don't give up wristbands earlier after 1-3 days of camping. 

so what you're telling me is that only kids under 22 was out for the foam galaxy release? where did you get your data? my data is shown through pictures and videos. tell me this, why is it that when the foams dropped in cali you don't see/hear mass chaos similar to east coast release?

An adult with adult responsibilities probably has a job, so they're in bed instead of going to a 12am release. You think many adults are calling in to work, to maybe get some sneakers? You think many adults are camping out for a week for some sneakers?

So do you think many adults with a grown man job, not even a career were standing in line on a maybe. You think dudes were telling their wives, sorry honey, I'm going to camp out for a week, see you Friday?
so basically you don't have data to back up your theories then? cause your reasoning is based on assumptions. sure there are kids out there but i guarantee you there are adults there doin the same !@!#.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude sounding like a Ted Nugent NRA activist

Originally Posted by johnjkim15

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

I'm not gonna point fingers at any specific race but:

call us haters but at least we back up our logic

It's not really anything about race. It's about the generation.
Don't try to generalize anything based on race because it's just silly and outdated. 

i don't think generation has anything to do with it. @!%+ like this happened early in the 90's and it's still happening now. ur telling me that 10 years from now @!%+ will change? please bruh..uneducated fools will be the same 100 years from now.

Anyone saying that rioting is a black thing sounds like an utter idiot. Greed and immaturity knows no race. Tune in to the black Friday videos and see kids and the elderly get trampled. Whenever a bridal store has a blowout clearance sale watch how many Lilly whites darlings get their Gronkowski on. This is a sneaker release and that's something that's wanted in black communities. Get off your frail high horse and open your tunnel visioned eyes.

I was very surprised & shocked that Unknwn had 8 pairs. Well OVER 100 cats out there, had a better chance of hittin the powerball. As a matter of fact ima go play

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

over shoes?
dead.gif

Originally Posted by DEpast

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude sounding like a Ted Nugent NRA activist

Call it what you will, but you'll never read about me being that poor sap who got robbed.

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by serra2008

Current bid:US $20,100.00 on ebay,, who bought this???!! totally dont get it
it's called shill bidding-- getting your friends or other users who don't intend to buy it to drive the price up in the hopes that someone will actually buy it in the end-- OR it's haters with zero feedback just bidding to be annoying.

ebay never makes you pay for anything-- my brother always wins stuff and never pays-- sometimes the seller will just get back their listing fees.

Back
Top Bottom