Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

If I'm reading correctly, these are going to release an additional 2 times after the ASG weekend madness? Or they'll release 1 more time for a total of 2 releases?

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

If I'm reading correctly, these are going to release an additional 2 times after the ASG weekend madness? Or they'll release 1 more time for a total of 2 releases?

Yeah, that's what I am trying to figure out.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

Yeah, that's what I am trying to figure out.

2x meaning the canceled one, and the one in the summer get it?

Originally Posted by abaythingape

^nope.

"As we speak Nike is planning to release them in March/April and the second time will be in the summer."

March OR April, they dont know which month yet.

Originally Posted by jer23

[h2]how much you want to bet that at least 80% of all galaxy ebay listings ending between this past wed and next week are never paid for. i really believe and hope that that is the case. these funny number prices are ridiculous and harmful. the ONLY reason any item is 'worth' a particular price is because enough people are willing to pay for it. in this case, people are assuming 'worth' based on any fifteen yr old with an ebay account that may be bidding on 50 pairs at a time. the real, true value of the Galaxy's is $350-500 TOPS. not a penny more. time will prove this and the few that actually did pay for their $1000+ winning bids are going to be left wondering +#+.

now, those 1 of 1's Penny wore tonight, those are worth $2500. but, i guess by the Galaxy logic, $30-50K would be a fair buy it now[/h2]
although most if not all of the Florida releases were cancelled, there are a ton of people in south FL that picked up pairs on the big release morning.  where and when I do not know, but there a lot of them out there....

Originally Posted by cutthroat

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Sorry guys i just came home i grabbed something to eat but anywho while at work today we got a couple of visit's from Nike rep's in Oregon headquarters. They came into town to see how our store is producing blah blah. First floor they look at is the 5th floor (my floor) They are really cool people so i simply asked them questions about the galaxy.
THIS RELEASE FOR THE GALAXY FOAMS WILL BE RELEASE 2X.

Because of all the mayhem they witness past weekend they felt bad. So All the stores that have canceled still have their stock and will be released. A few pages back i mention they wanted all stores to do raffles. This is still true but not ALL stores. As we speak Nike is planning to release them in March/April and the second time will be in the summer. They figured they did so well releasing the Dave White Air Jordan I's twice that they are currently producing more for the summer release. The summer release will be a Limited release. I REPEAT LIMITED RELEASE. ALL NIKETOWN AND HOUSE OF HOOPS WILL HAVE THEM. I can vouch for NTNY that we will do a wristband for the summer released and we are NOT letting people start camping until we close so if we see you best believe your butt will be tossed. And also Nike is doing a kobe cloak version for the foams. Be on the look out soon, theirs catalog snap shots out there already. 

Again THESE SHOES WILL BE RELEASING 2X AND WILL BE A LS. So all Niketown and House Of Hoops will have them.
Great info, from a great source.  Thanks for sharing and for taking the time to ask the right questions to Nike officials.
what about the rest of the galaxy ASG shoes? 
mad.gif

Well NT fam do I have a story for you about the release of these shoes:

I hit up Mondawmin Mall in Baltimore, MD DTLR during the day Friday to figure out when and where they were gonna open the door for the release foams, they told me a specific location and that lineup started at 9 oclock.

Went back home, tried to get some sleep but couldn't and went back up there around 7.

Around 8:20 they started lining up at a different entrance listed than the one above. We hopped in and were about 27th and 28th in line.

Police officer came and messed the line up, cause pandemonium and messed everything up.

After creating 7+ lines all around the building and no less than 100+ people in each, the city police hand selected people out of line and "arrested" them and took them inside to get the shoes.

Soon enough, the shoes were sold out before they actually released at 12.

After leaving dissappointed, we grabbed some food and snagged a couple hours of sleep, we met up with some other people and headed out to DTLR in DC for the raffle.

Anxiously waiting for our number to be called, we figured we weren't gonna get the shoes at all.

They then announced they were only gonna call to more numbers, anticipation building up.

First number wasn't ours, and then the last number called and we lucked up.

Going off of 5 hours of sleep within the past 48 hours, it was all worth it for these things.

^nope.

"As we speak Nike is planning to release them in March/April and the second time will be in the summer."

They're only releasing them one more time, not two. It's not that hard to understand. 

Originally Posted by brokenwater

I think you misunderstood. Spec said twice. One in Mar/Apr and one this summer.

Considering March is 2 days away, I think the "Mar/Apr" is probably the release of what didnt get released to the public in the the last few days due to the mayhem, and then the summer release is the 2nd release, giving Nike time to produce more.

Originally Posted by lowwwski

Well NT fam do I have a story for you about the release of these shoes:

I hit up Mondawmin Mall in Baltimore, MD DTLR during the day Friday to figure out when and where they were gonna open the door for the release foams, they told me a specific location and that lineup started at 9 oclock.

Went back home, tried to get some sleep but couldn't and went back up there around 7.

Around 8:20 they started lining up at a different entrance listed than the one above. We hopped in and were about 27th and 28th in line.

Police officer came and messed the line up, cause pandemonium and messed everything up.

After creating 7+ lines all around the building and no less than 100+ people in each, the city police hand selected people out of line and "arrested" them and took them inside to get the shoes.

Soon enough, the shoes were sold out before they actually released at 12.

After leaving dissappointed, we grabbed some food and snagged a couple hours of sleep, we met up with some other people and headed out to DTLR in DC for the raffle.

Anxiously waiting for our number to be called, we figured we weren't gonna get the shoes at all.

They then announced they were only gonna call to more numbers, anticipation building up.

First number wasn't ours, and then the last number called and we lucked up.

Going off of 5 hours of sleep within the past 48 hours, it was all worth it for these things.

good story. i was in that same shift. mondawmin and minnesota.

i got the concords btw in your size. PM coming..

Originally Posted by MortalMonkey

^nope.

They're only releasing them one more time, not two. It's not that hard to understand. 
you obviously don't. read between the parentheses. 

Originally Posted by MortalMonkey

^nope.

you obviously don't. read between the parentheses. 

It's either march or April which is why its has this / did u wanted me to to be specific.

Anyone else hear rev Jesse Jackson say that it was an injustice that the cameraman didnt pan down so his foams were televised on tv? SMH.. Really?

Listen, he is saying all the releases that were cancelled this weekend are goin to be released in March or April once they probably decide how it's going to be done. The second release will be a whole new production run that will release to the world again in June.. Hope they got that glow in the dark sole as well.. And I kinda hope this info releases to the public real soon.. Have the resellers feelin kinda beat.. Except those who already got'em off for $1000+.. Which were plenty, don't sleep on the resale of these cuz of outrageous eBay auctions out there.. Alot have sold, wish I came up on some

Originally Posted by philchen89

Anyone else hear rev Jesse Jackson say that it was an injustice that the cameraman didnt pan down so his foams were televised on tv? SMH.. Really?

is this true tried to google jesse jackson and foamposites and nothing 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bjordan504

Why were only 10 pair of Galaxy Foamposites sent to the HOH in Louisiana and 24 lebrons, 24 kobes, and 24 KDs????? I arrived at the mall of Louisiana and sat in the parking lot across the street at 3am after a lot of persistence of being chased of the mall parking lot 3 separate times by police. It paid off because I was the 11th person in line, BUTTT I did not get to buy a pair if foams. I instead had to settle on being the first person to buy the Lebron Big Bangs in Louisiana. A tittle that I did not want!!!!!! This is not fair for Nike to send large amounts of shoes all around the world and not do the same for Louisiana. I should own the Galaxy Foamposites but instead I have the big bangs, because Nike only wants to send 10 pairs to Louisiana. And to make matters worse there is only one HOH in the entire state of Louisiana. SMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were over 400 at the mall of Louisiana

You posted this twice

Maybe it's because New York has been supporting foams from day one

Some states don't have a HOH at all.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Sorry guys i just came home i grabbed something to eat but anywho while at work today we got a couple of visit's from Nike rep's in Oregon headquarters. They came into town to see how our store is producing blah blah. First floor they look at is the 5th floor (my floor) They are really cool people so i simply asked them questions about the galaxy.
THIS RELEASE FOR THE GALAXY FOAMS WILL BE RELEASE 2X.

Because of all the mayhem they witness past weekend they felt bad. So All the stores that have canceled still have their stock and will be released. A few pages back i mention they wanted all stores to do raffles. This is still true but not ALL stores. As we speak Nike is planning to release them in March/April and the second time will be in the summer. They figured they did so well releasing the Dave White Air Jordan I's twice that they are currently producing more for the summer release. The summer release will be a Limited release. I REPEAT LIMITED RELEASE. ALL NIKETOWN AND HOUSE OF HOOPS WILL HAVE THEM. I can vouch for NTNY that we will do a wristband for the summer released and we are NOT letting people start camping until we close so if we see you best believe your butt will be tossed. And also Nike is doing a kobe cloak version for the foams. Be on the look out soon, theirs catalog snap shots out there already. 

Again THESE SHOES WILL BE RELEASING 2X AND WILL BE A LS. So all Niketown and House Of Hoops will have them.
So do you know if they will be doing a NDC release too since they will be releasing again or are they just planning on releasing them again to the same places that already got them which doesn't make a whole lot of since IMO. Why not release them to some different places and give some other states a chance to get the shoes that didn't have one or at least put them on NDC

Back
Top Bottom