Nike Air Foamposite One - Metallic Pewter/Black (Spring 2011 - CounterKicks.com)

still sitting around LA and the IE, but they'll probably be gone from most spots in a week or two

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by Savraj1

still sitting around LA and the IE, but they'll probably be gone from most spots in a week or two
they wear foams in la now?

I know Foams are more of an east coast thing but heads out in the Bay been rockin them since the OG's I know me and my homies have. Dunno bout LA though.

Said I wasn't gonna UNDS these till the summer but they looked so good in the box, i needed to get it out of my system so I rocked em with the Bo Jackson throwback... o LAWD

not to come across as a douche but the bo jackson jersey is a fake, the bubbly numbers and inaccurate lettering on the name jackson are giveaways.

however the shoes look nice.

30t6p3b.gif
not at good look

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

not to come across as a douche but the bo jackson jersey is a fake, the bubbly numbers and inaccurate lettering on the name jackson are giveaways.

however the shoes look nice.

So what exactly were you trying to come across as? Thanks for pointing out the obvious, but for $30, I was pretty sure it wasn't authentic. I'm not dropping $300 on a jersey, when I only wear em once every 6 months, if that. Thanks for the compliment on the shoes though, it really showed me you were trying not to come across as a douche.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

ninjahood wrote:
pewter at da end of da day is just another silver color, how many copper kicks can you name off da top of your head?

There's probably a reason for that. 
In general silver > copper. No exceptions. Would you EVER buy a copper colored car? There's a reason people wear white gold and platinum jewelry. Who the hell would rock copper jewelry? Nobody looks at the pipes in their basement and says "awww yeeeahh. Breakin' necks son". Copper is just an ugly color.

in this isolated case ya just giving it to da pewters because its "easier to match" when da copper penny foamposites were a way more genuis conception...

da guy's name is penny hardaway, and his shoes are da color of a shiny penny...it gets no better then that.

Sure the concept is better, but if I see pewters and coppers on a shelf I'm not thinkin bout all that.

I like my coppers but the pewters are a notch above imo.

when these go down in da history books coppers will definitely be da more coveted sneaker....between now and 5 years from now they'll be plenty

of silver colored foam/flightposites....but they aint doing copper like that...it'll be da new eggplant as far as rarity, and da concept is unmatched.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Still on the hunt for some Royal Foam. Im sure they are still available in store or somewhere for retail.

I wasn't going to at first but finally copped my Royals yesterday for retail. Gotta love the local re-ups. I swear thou, they look almost like a different colorway all together. The foam is so much shinier than my 2007 Royals. They should of called the 2011s the Royal Metallics.
grin.gif

As for Pewters vs. Coppers......

I own both but if I could only keep one......
It would be Pewters. Such a dope colorway the way the shoe looks completely different in different lights. Coppers are dope too no doubt but them Pewters are
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

when these go down in da history books coppers will definitely be da more coveted sneaker....between now and 5 years from now they'll be plenty

of silver colored foam/flightposites....but they aint doing copper like that...it'll be da new eggplant as far as rarity, and da concept is unmatched.

That's why Pewters get so much love......IT AIN'T SILVER!!!!!!

Do the Pewters look like silver foam pros? Or silver half cents? Or the platinum Griffey 1s?

Those kicks are silver......the pewter Dopes are PEWTER! Its a colorway that to my knowledge hasn't been used on a pair of sneakers before.
You can't mistake one for the next so your silver colored theory don't apply.

Pewter.....Silver.....two different metals. Get yo' glasses on Ninja.

So ninja goin by your rationale coppers have to be the best foam of all time even better than eggs and royals since the concept is so much better.

And I guess you aint notice Nike slapping the eggplant color on every shoe they possibly could, that color is hardly rare anymore.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Those kicks are silver......the pewter Dopes are PEWTER! Its a colorway that to my knowledge hasn't been used on a pair of sneakers before.
air-jordan-i-1-retro-high-premier-pewter-black-max-orange-1.jpg

honestly does it really matter which one is better especially if both are sitting in the closet?

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

sneakermane wrote:

honestly does it really matter which one is better especially if both are sitting in the closet?

I forgot about those premier Jordan 1s..........& for good reason.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

But like I stated, both Pewters & Coppers are dope. it's your preference. I prefer Pewters.
I'm just trying to clarify that PEWTER isn't SILVER. It's a whole different colorway & a
pimp.gif
one when used right.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

sneakermane wrote:

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

But like I stated, both Pewters & Coppers are dope. it's your preference. I prefer Pewters.
I'm just trying to clarify that PEWTER isn't SILVER. It's a whole different colorway & a
pimp.gif
one when used right.

yes it is but in the same right when i 1st saw them on display a couple months back, they looked straight silver....even Mayhem's pics a couple pgs ago have them look straight silver, other pics have them look like a dramatically and i mean dramatically faded copper color either way its a clean cw

sneakermane wrote:

Sloane Kettering wrote:

sneakermane wrote:

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
one when used right.

yes it is but in the same right when i 1st saw them on display a couple months back, they looked straight silver....even Mayhem's pics a couple pgs ago have them look straight silver, other pics have them look like a dramatically and i mean dramatically faded copper color either way its a clean cw

This is what makes the pewters so dope to me......that dramatic change of color depending on how the light hits it. It looks greyish indoors & brownish outdoors.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

ninjahood wrote:
There's probably a reason for that. 
In general silver > copper. No exceptions. Would you EVER buy a copper colored car? There's a reason people wear white gold and platinum jewelry. Who the hell would rock copper jewelry? Nobody looks at the pipes in their basement and says "awww yeeeahh. Breakin' necks son". Copper is just an ugly color.
in this isolated case ya just giving it to da pewters because its "easier to match" when da copper penny foamposites were a way more genuis conception...

da guy's name is penny hardaway, and his shoes are da color of a shiny penny...it gets no better then that.

I'm sorry, but the concept has no value in my eyes. I first care about how the sneaker feels, and second about what it looks like. I couldn't care less about the concept. I'm sure Big Baby Davis having a sneaker made of diapers and baby bottles is a cool "concept" but that doesn't make it a good look. The concept of Larry Bird having sneakers covered in feathers makes sense, but it doesn't make it look good. 
Anyways, look at the AJ13. Does anybody really care about the black cat concept? If it was an ugly shoe the concept wouldn't have mattered. It was a dope shoe and nobody really cares about the concept behind it. 90% of people probably don't even remember that nickname.

Long story short, I don't like the coppers. If you show the average person a pair of coppers and they don't like them, telling them they're a signature shoe for a guy named Penny isn't gonna change their mind. I don't like them, and the concept doesn't earn an extra credit to sway my taste. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom