Nike Air Foamposite One Summer 2013 Releases INFO (via: KixandtheCity.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the suns are buns. I need confirmation on the knicks c/w.

And some pearl foam ones would be an answer to many requests.

1/2 a grand MSRP between these foamposites and da barkley foamposite hybrids.

Last edited:
Inflation people, inflation.

In 1997 the Foamposite's were $170...in 2012 $170 is equal to $245.xx, seeing them at $235 NEXT YEAR is actually cheaper than they should be.

Minimum wage goes up, gas goes up, material goes up, etc.

Sorry, it's what happens.

wow price increase 2 years in a row? :smh:

My dude bigj - they'll keep raising the price as long as units keep reselling at $300+.

im not even mad tho. nike has really made it easier for me to get rid of this shoe addiction i have.

1. making every hot release impossible to get.
2. raising the price across the board for all shoes.

id be the first to say im not rich so i cant keep up with the constant releases. as a collector, you try to "complete the set." definitely not possible these days.

In 1997 the Foamposite's were $170...in 2012 $170 is equal to $245.xx, seeing them at $235 NEXT YEAR is actually cheaper than they should be.
Thats logical, and I understand all this. But Im still not happy with the price increase. We know that the foams have decreased in quality over the years. Pull tabs are longer, while the shoe itself is shorter. Maybe this price increase will produce better foams? ( I know its a stretch, call it wishful thinking )

im not even mad tho. nike has really made it easier for me to get rid of this shoe addiction i have.
1. making every hot release impossible to get.
2. raising the price across the board for all shoes.
id be the first to say im not rich so i cant keep up with the constant releases. as a collector, you try to "complete the set." definitely not possible these days.

I agree with all of this sir.

Quality stopped a long time ago from Nike, true quality, at least.

The prices will continue to go up and people will still buy them no matter what.

Nike is smart, they wouldn't continue to price shoes as highly as they do if they didn't think they'd sell.

Look for instance, the LeBron X iD thread, those at minimum are $220 a piece...look at how many people have ordered, that's just iD's!

LeBron's shoes retail for more than any other players signature shoes and they still have crap quality for their price, the next one will be $250 and people will still be buying it like crazy.

We are lucky it ain't going any higher. The demand outweighs the supply and when there is high demand, items can be sold at a premium.

We are lucky it ain't going any higher. The demand outweighs the supply and when there is high demand, items can be sold at a premium.

:lol: you said we lucky... sorry but this Nike is going to push the envelope until people cant pay anymore. Literally

:lol: you said we lucky... sorry but this Nike is going to push the envelope until people cant pay anymore. Literally

Its sad, but true. Right now demand is very high with a low supply. To bring demand down, Nike has to find the equilibrium price. If Nike really wanted to sell their product at a higher premium, the could and get away with it for a short amount of time. Once the supply equals the demand, we most likely won't see crazy releases anymore. Everyone sees sneakers as an easy flip, so everyone buys all the stock up. I'm pretty sure a lot of us remember when we would just go into a store in the afternoon and buy a pair of sneakers with no hassle.

Sorry but you only have half the story.

Nike offsets inflation by using cheaper materials (changed in the mold in 2010), and moving production to countries with cheaper labor (from Indonesia-to-Taiwan-to-China). Also in the case of Foams they produce the shoe is much higher numbers so their profits for each release is much greater than what they were making in the 90s.

Your theory would only be truly if the cost of producing each shoe was exactly the same at it was in 1997. Which it is not

If the people now, are being paid even a penny more than they were back in 1997 making these shoes, or even a piece of material is, then the shoes cost more to make.

Which I can pretty much guarantee is happening.

not bad but not for me

I will need at least 3 pairs of these!!!

So what is your saying is, nearly everything costs more than it did in 1997, but making a shoe does not?
I would love to hear your explanation, with facts, of course.

:rolleyes

Consider this dude:

-If it costed $100 to produce a single pair of Foams in 1997, it would cost around $140 to make that exact same shoe in 2012.

-That's with the same quality of materials, same labor, and within the same size production run

-Now Nike offsets that $40 increase from inflation with using cheaper materials, using a different mold, and moving the production to China. And making more shoes per production run

-So lets say these moves drop the cost of producing each shoe down to $100 per shoe (the same amount it cost in 1997) in 2012.

-In 1997 dollars that would be $71

See it now brah?

You're asuming the Foams releasing now and the exact same product as the ones released in the 90s. They are not

Last edited:
:rolleyes
Consider this dude:
-If it cost $100 to produce a single pair of Foams in 1997, it would cost around $140 to make that exact same shoe in 2012.
-That's with the same quality of materials, same labor, and within the same size production run
-Now Nike offsets that $40 increase from inflation with using cheaper materials, using a different mold, and moving the production to China. And making more shoes per production run
-So lets say these moves drop the cost of producing each shoe down to $100 per shoe (the same amount it cost in 1997) in 2012.
-In 1997 dollars that would be $71
See it now brah?
You're asuming the Foams releasing now and the exact same product as the ones released in the 90s. They are not

stopped reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom