Nike Air Foamposite Pro - Dark Pine/Black - Release 09/2011

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Glad to see NTers looking out for other NTers.

I once went on a dummy mission to grab a NTer a shirt my local mall, didn't make a dime. I actually lost like 5 bucks and dude never even said thanks
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
thats not right.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Glad to see NTers looking out for other NTers.

I once went on a dummy mission to grab a NTer a shirt my local mall, didn't make a dime. I actually lost like 5 bucks and dude never even said thanks
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
thats not right.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by NycPosite

so much truth to this.  the thing is, it's crazy how so many members on here buy shoes regularly yet have no type of connects whatsoever. it makes me think alot of people on here got the personality of a cactus or something. if your buying shoes regularly you should have some sort of connect.   i've always had the mindset, that you take care of me, i take care of you.  networking goes a long way in this world and i make sure to take care of those who take care of me.
That's because a lot of these dudes don't understand the concept of store loyalty, and they just bounce from one store to the next. And also, lets not forget the online cop, which makes takes out the ability to meet someone and actually form a relationship. Every time I hit up one of my two spots for kicks, my time there usually ranges from 45 to an hour and most of that time is me chatting it up with the guys that work there. I've now exchanged numbers with managers at both of these spots and my pairs are guaranteed. 
And dudes should really stop calling stores to check sizes. Make the effort and go out there and the people that work there will take notice. Nothing comes easy, put in the extra work people.

so true, too many people on here are wayyyyyyyyyy to lazy to do what's needed to secure their pair then they get tight and either blame everyone else or lowball in the buy sell section or a mix of both. i've realized that alot of members on here are lazy and expect everything to be spoon fed to them.  this was an easy cop for me. i was on ndc at 9pm cali time and bought one pair,  went to the mall the next morning and bought another pair. unless you live in some small town in the middle of the country that doesn't get many good releases, i have no sympathy for people who end up empty handed on a release date and even for those smaller cities it's not that hard to log on a computer when they drop and order a pair.

so much truth to this.  the thing is, it's crazy how so many members on here buy shoes regularly yet have no type of connects whatsoever. it makes me think alot of people on here got the personality of a cactus or something. if your buying shoes regularly you should have some sort of connect.   i've always had the mindset, that you take care of me, i take care of you.  networking goes a long way in this world and i make sure to take care of those who take care of me.
That's because a lot of these dudes don't understand the concept of store loyalty, and they just bounce from one store to the next. And also, lets not forget the online cop, which makes takes out the ability to meet someone and actually form a relationship. Every time I hit up one of my two spots for kicks, my time there usually ranges from 45 to an hour and most of that time is me chatting it up with the guys that work there. I've now exchanged numbers with managers at both of these spots and my pairs are guaranteed. 
And dudes should really stop calling stores to check sizes. Make the effort and go out there and the people that work there will take notice. Nothing comes easy, put in the extra work people.

so true, too many people on here are wayyyyyyyyyy to lazy to do what's needed to secure their pair then they get tight and either blame everyone else or lowball in the buy sell section or a mix of both. i've realized that alot of members on here are lazy and expect everything to be spoon fed to them.  this was an easy cop for me. i was on ndc at 9pm cali time and bought one pair,  went to the mall the next morning and bought another pair. unless you live in some small town in the middle of the country that doesn't get many good releases, i have no sympathy for people who end up empty handed on a release date and even for those smaller cities it's not that hard to log on a computer when they drop and order a pair.

Except having a connect means relying on people. Personally, I don't like having to depend on people so I don't try to make any connects. I just help people out when I can.

Except having a connect means relying on people. Personally, I don't like having to depend on people so I don't try to make any connects. I just help people out when I can.

ive had a lot of good expierences with ppl on here...its awsome...i got my kobe mangos from a guy on here and im still happy as a peach about it.

ive had a lot of good expierences with ppl on here...its awsome...i got my kobe mangos from a guy on here and im still happy as a peach about it.

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

i like the pines but i dont think they are worth all that hype. to me electric blues are way better.

We can agree to disagree on this one, I didn't like the electric blues so I slept on em...literally.

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

i like the pines but i dont think they are worth all that hype. to me electric blues are way better.

We can agree to disagree on this one, I didn't like the electric blues so I slept on em...literally.

and for some like me, my "local" spot for most shoes is 2 hours away. There is no way im driving two hours to BS with someone. So if something doesnt drop online and is on a weekeday then im basically f'd. Now my local dude with an SB account, i'll hit him up and play ps3 at the shop and whatever. Becuase of that i had a pair of the sb Space Jam on lock.

and for some like me, my "local" spot for most shoes is 2 hours away. There is no way im driving two hours to BS with someone. So if something doesnt drop online and is on a weekeday then im basically f'd. Now my local dude with an SB account, i'll hit him up and play ps3 at the shop and whatever. Becuase of that i had a pair of the sb Space Jam on lock.

Some of us move around or are even loyal to stores that have policies that stop them from reserving/setting aside pairs. However, if you live in a metro area it should be pretty easy to locate at least one store on RD to cop what you want. These are a prime example - not a QS, but a GR that's in high demand. Get there when stores are opening and how can you not find a pair or two in your size?

That said, I missed out due to funds, so a hookup from someone is always appreciated in a situation such as that (though rare for me). Besides, would you rather rely on one connection at a loyal store that could have something come up, or a global network? Social networking online has a lot of benefits and casts a far wider net for certain things, sneakers included. Seems like some people on here have a simplistic view of what makes a sneakerhead. I rely on myself most of the time, and many others (see: older professionals) don't have friends working in stores, their local shop may have high turnover making it hard to keep those relationships, or as I mentioned, they could have relocated and be without a connection at all. Why's it so hard to empathize with that, rather than writing everyone off as "lazy"?

Some of us move around or are even loyal to stores that have policies that stop them from reserving/setting aside pairs. However, if you live in a metro area it should be pretty easy to locate at least one store on RD to cop what you want. These are a prime example - not a QS, but a GR that's in high demand. Get there when stores are opening and how can you not find a pair or two in your size?

That said, I missed out due to funds, so a hookup from someone is always appreciated in a situation such as that (though rare for me). Besides, would you rather rely on one connection at a loyal store that could have something come up, or a global network? Social networking online has a lot of benefits and casts a far wider net for certain things, sneakers included. Seems like some people on here have a simplistic view of what makes a sneakerhead. I rely on myself most of the time, and many others (see: older professionals) don't have friends working in stores, their local shop may have high turnover making it hard to keep those relationships, or as I mentioned, they could have relocated and be without a connection at all. Why's it so hard to empathize with that, rather than writing everyone off as "lazy"?

it makes me think alot of people on here got the personality of a cactus or something.

so true, too many people on here are wayyyyyyyyyy to lazy   
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But true. Its even worse when people live in big metro cities. The store loyalty it cool. I have a few but I shop around everywhere in NYC. There is too many store in the nyc not to find things. People just dont want to put in the foot work. Im in manhattan and there has been time ill drive to long island, bk, bronx and queens to get some kicks. There has been times I found limited sneakers a month later for retail at mom and pop stores and gave out the info to a couple NTer. IE yotr af1, lightning and thumder 4 etc. You just have to look if you really want something. Ima be in Vegas and Cali soon so hopefully I can find all these outlet, marshells and ross steals
laugh.gif
 since those are unheard of in nyc

it makes me think alot of people on here got the personality of a cactus or something.

so true, too many people on here are wayyyyyyyyyy to lazy   
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But true. Its even worse when people live in big metro cities. The store loyalty it cool. I have a few but I shop around everywhere in NYC. There is too many store in the nyc not to find things. People just dont want to put in the foot work. Im in manhattan and there has been time ill drive to long island, bk, bronx and queens to get some kicks. There has been times I found limited sneakers a month later for retail at mom and pop stores and gave out the info to a couple NTer. IE yotr af1, lightning and thumder 4 etc. You just have to look if you really want something. Ima be in Vegas and Cali soon so hopefully I can find all these outlet, marshells and ross steals
laugh.gif
 since those are unheard of in nyc

thats great and all when people say "put in work" but when you are not able bodied and you live in the middle of no where with one finishline that gets one or 2 grs a month...a hookup is greatly appreciated.

thats great and all when people say "put in work" but when you are not able bodied and you live in the middle of no where with one finishline that gets one or 2 grs a month...a hookup is greatly appreciated.

try living in wyoming where the closest store to get these is 9 hours away.

so ndc is my go to spot. i would love to just hop in my car and drive to my local footlocker, one hour away, and talk to brian about holding a pair for me. but wait my local fl only got 3 paies of each size of the metalic v's.

i have a connect. but its useless for anything when you dont even get all the gr releases at a footlocker.

my favorite is the "check your local HoH", oh you mean the one 12 hours away. Sounds like a good time.

love my pines, glad i didn't have to work late that night so i could cop on ndc.

you know what putting in work is?
driving 100 miles to find a pair of kobes in your size....

i would love to have it as easy as some of you.

Back
Top Bottom