Nike Air Griffin? Why not?

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

I see this playing out for Blake exactly how it did for Vince Carter back in '99-2001...

(Vince-1999): lockout shortened season/ (Blake 2009): injured for season...

(Vince-2000): takes league by storm wearing wack %!! Pumas, stuffs whole arm thru rim in the dunk contest (in Oakland!)... The whole world takes notice... #GAMEOVER #FredrickWeis
Sorry to nit-pick but Vince was rocking the and 1 tai chi in that dunk contest. I can't think of or even know if puma even has made a basketball sneaker in the past decade, correct me if i'm wrong.
On another note I could definitely see Blake getting a sig if he keeps playing like he is

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

I see this playing out for Blake exactly how it did for Vince Carter back in '99-2001...

(Vince-1999): lockout shortened season/ (Blake 2009): injured for season...

(Vince-2000): takes league by storm wearing wack %!! Pumas, stuffs whole arm thru rim in the dunk contest (in Oakland!)... The whole world takes notice... #GAMEOVER #FredrickWeis
Sorry to nit-pick but Vince was rocking the and 1 tai chi in that dunk contest. I can't think of or even know if puma even has made a basketball sneaker in the past decade, correct me if i'm wrong.
On another note I could definitely see Blake getting a sig if he keeps playing like he is

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

There's no room for Griffin at Nike Basketball. Griffin's a beast but he doesn't have that iconic image like Kobe and LeBron does. At best, he's going to get the STAT treatment - release a new Force Max type shoe and attach his name to it. He's clearly second tier especially with the team he's playing with, so don't expect much more than a PE at this point. There won't be a takedown version of the LeBron 360 Max Air and I don't see anyone cracking Nike's Big Three anytime soon. I honestly thought he'd end up at adidas.

No room? Who are you to make that distinction? If Tim Hardaway can get a sig shoe off the strength of having a crossover and averaging 20 points a game in his peak, Blake Griffin can surely get some love from the folks in Beaverton.

My-T.

There's no room for Griffin at Nike Basketball. Griffin's a beast but he doesn't have that iconic image like Kobe and LeBron does. At best, he's going to get the STAT treatment - release a new Force Max type shoe and attach his name to it. He's clearly second tier especially with the team he's playing with, so don't expect much more than a PE at this point. There won't be a takedown version of the LeBron 360 Max Air and I don't see anyone cracking Nike's Big Three anytime soon. I honestly thought he'd end up at adidas.

No room? Who are you to make that distinction? If Tim Hardaway can get a sig shoe off the strength of having a crossover and averaging 20 points a game in his peak, Blake Griffin can surely get some love from the folks in Beaverton.

My-T.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

My-T.

I think the point is, like Amare, he's dominant but not "Sexy". 

Plus, Timmy got his shoe in the 90's.  Not many people have their own line nowadays.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

My-T.

I think the point is, like Amare, he's dominant but not "Sexy". 

Plus, Timmy got his shoe in the 90's.  Not many people have their own line nowadays.

griffin will get his shoe. Maybe after the kobe line takes a dive
from what it is today. Yeah, the guy from a few pages back
is right. it will take a few years.

griffin will get his shoe. Maybe after the kobe line takes a dive
from what it is today. Yeah, the guy from a few pages back
is right. it will take a few years.

he will eventually. even tim duncan got a sig shoe after a year. but big men dont sell shoes as much as guards. besides shaq, which big man had a shoe that really sold well?? besides, nike has been sucking balls when it comes to logo's lately. kobe's the sucks, KD, LBJ crown logo was weak (the lion head was nice), cp3's logo wack. Deron Williams logo sucks...

penny logo was a lot cooler, Cwebb's logo with nike was nice... hope they will go back to better logo's. cause initials with the number is not even considered anything special anymore

he will eventually. even tim duncan got a sig shoe after a year. but big men dont sell shoes as much as guards. besides shaq, which big man had a shoe that really sold well?? besides, nike has been sucking balls when it comes to logo's lately. kobe's the sucks, KD, LBJ crown logo was weak (the lion head was nice), cp3's logo wack. Deron Williams logo sucks...

penny logo was a lot cooler, Cwebb's logo with nike was nice... hope they will go back to better logo's. cause initials with the number is not even considered anything special anymore

I think he will eventually deserve a Sig...He's only gonna get better and hes pretty dang Hyped up as it is..He's even gettin a lot of love on the road...If he gets one or not I wont complain...There is already too much heat that I DONT have...

I think he will eventually deserve a Sig...He's only gonna get better and hes pretty dang Hyped up as it is..He's even gettin a lot of love on the road...If he gets one or not I wont complain...There is already too much heat that I DONT have...

I like "Da White Howard" LOL!

But seriously, Nike can we at least get a PE standard model shoe release at HoH or something.

Maybe it will happen at the end of the year once he wins Rookie Of The Year. Tyreke Evans got his "Reke Havoc" HD2010s so I am sure it's on the cards for Blake.

But seriously, Nike can we at least get a PE standard model shoe release at HoH or something.

Maybe it will happen at the end of the year once he wins Rookie Of The Year. Tyreke Evans got his "Reke Havoc" HD2010s so I am sure it's on the cards for Blake.

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

white howard? please....
tired.gif
 if i remember correctly, griffin is half black...

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

white howard? please....
tired.gif
 if i remember correctly, griffin is half black...

EXCELLENT idea for a nickname OP. That really has a lot of marketing power. A beast that can fly, quite applicable. I hope they drop a nice shoe for him.

Back
Top Bottom