Nike Air Huarache Bball 2012 (SUMMER 2012 - CounterKicks.com)

Originally Posted by ehh

I haven't played in mine and don't plan on doing so.  As far as I know anything released by Nike Sports Wear is intended for casual wear and not built for performance.
Says who?  Anyway, I'm gonna ball in mine and update you guys in a week or two with a little review. =)  I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been wondering about how these play on court.

I could have sworn that I read, anything we see in brown boxes aren't meant for performance. Not sure how true it is.

I could have sworn that I read, anything we see in brown boxes aren't meant for performance. Not sure how true it is.

Maybe, maybe not. But from my initial impression, just by touching the traction on the Free sole I don't expect these to provide a whole lot of grip/traction. I just hope that it's decent enough to play in cuz I really love em. I'll see how these do tomorrow.

Maybe, maybe not. But from my initial impression, just by touching the traction on the Free sole I don't expect these to provide a whole lot of grip/traction. I just hope that it's decent enough to play in cuz I really love em. I'll see how these do tomorrow.

Yeah, I could be wrong but like I said I thought that's what NSW releases meant.  Looking forward to your review.

Yeah, I could be wrong but like I said I thought that's what NSW releases meant.  Looking forward to your review.

White/Blue/Pink is also dropping.  Dunno about that pink, doesn't do it for me.
nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-blue-pink-3-570x427.jpg

nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-blue-pink-2-570x427.jpg

nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-blue-pink-1-570x427.jpg

White/Blue/Pink is also dropping.  Dunno about that pink, doesn't do it for me.
nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-blue-pink-3-570x427.jpg

nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-blue-pink-2-570x427.jpg

nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-blue-pink-1-570x427.jpg

Alright.  Just came from the park.  Was able to only run a game for about 15 minutes because we got rained out, which is stupid because it was dry as heck all day. Anyway, from the limited time I had with em on the black top, my initial impression goes as shown:

Traction: As expected traction was garbage.  Right off the bat, first quick change of direction maneuver I tried to pull I experienced slippage on the inner part of my foot. The traction pattern is super shallow and soft (more foam like than rubber).  It got eaten up real quick, even after only 15 min of play.  However the Free sole felt great while running up and down the court. 6/10

Durablity: Based off of how bad and how fast the traction got eaten up. 6/10.  As far as the upper goes, leather and neoprene holds up pretty well in my experience. 8/10

Ankle Support: Support was what you would expect from a Huarache.  Little to no ankle support at all.  6/10

Cushioning: Very minimal. The only source of cushion you get is from the neoprene sockliner and air unit in the heel (I believe so?).  6.5/10

Comfort: Apparent upon slipping these guys one.  Not as much cushioning as some other basketball shoes but these are comfy as heck!  Casual or on court IMO.  9/10

Weight: Lighter than they look and feel in the hand.  Not as light as the Kobe's or Crazy lights but weight is definitely not a problem in these.  9/10

Style: 100/100 lol, did i mention I love these shoes? lol

Later on this week I'm gonna try these in a couple full games.  Update with a better review.  But so far, this is my first impression on these.  Hope it helped some of you guys out in deciding whether or not to ball in your pair or not.

Here's a picture of the traction when I got home. -_-

Alright.  Just came from the park.  Was able to only run a game for about 15 minutes because we got rained out, which is stupid because it was dry as heck all day. Anyway, from the limited time I had with em on the black top, my initial impression goes as shown:

Traction: As expected traction was garbage.  Right off the bat, first quick change of direction maneuver I tried to pull I experienced slippage on the inner part of my foot. The traction pattern is super shallow and soft (more foam like than rubber).  It got eaten up real quick, even after only 15 min of play.  However the Free sole felt great while running up and down the court. 6/10

Durablity: Based off of how bad and how fast the traction got eaten up. 6/10.  As far as the upper goes, leather and neoprene holds up pretty well in my experience. 8/10

Ankle Support: Support was what you would expect from a Huarache.  Little to no ankle support at all.  6/10

Cushioning: Very minimal. The only source of cushion you get is from the neoprene sockliner and air unit in the heel (I believe so?).  6.5/10

Comfort: Apparent upon slipping these guys one.  Not as much cushioning as some other basketball shoes but these are comfy as heck!  Casual or on court IMO.  9/10

Weight: Lighter than they look and feel in the hand.  Not as light as the Kobe's or Crazy lights but weight is definitely not a problem in these.  9/10

Style: 100/100 lol, did i mention I love these shoes? lol

Later on this week I'm gonna try these in a couple full games.  Update with a better review.  But so far, this is my first impression on these.  Hope it helped some of you guys out in deciding whether or not to ball in your pair or not.

Here's a picture of the traction when I got home. -_-

btw, those shots are of the traction below the balls of my foot to the toe.  The mid foot to heel are isn't that bad but still... -_-
And I ball outdoors.  I don't have the luxury of some of you guys who get to ball in doors all the time.  Basketball is basketball though!

btw, those shots are of the traction below the balls of my foot to the toe.  The mid foot to heel are isn't that bad but still... -_-
And I ball outdoors.  I don't have the luxury of some of you guys who get to ball in doors all the time.  Basketball is basketball though!

nice review. i don't think these were made for the blacktop but considering your playtime of 15min, that outsole looks pretty torn up already lol.
maybe there's a reason why nobody in the nba is wearing these right now. just saying.

nice review. i don't think these were made for the blacktop but considering your playtime of 15min, that outsole looks pretty torn up already lol.
maybe there's a reason why nobody in the nba is wearing these right now. just saying.

Thanks, if anything the traction is probably even worse on the hardwood. Not even one NBA player using em! lol and yea it's pretty obvious now to me that these were definitely not made for performance lol, or outdoors at least. But hey, there's nothing wrong in wanting to ball in these. However, the 2 things that kill it are the horrible traction/grip and durability of the sole. I can already tell by the damage done today that these aren't gonna last more than a few weeks if I keep playing in em. Which is sad for those of us who wanna ball in em because it really is a sick shoe. Only if they would have put on a more durable sole -_-....

Mangos are definitely sick IMO. My girlfriend gonna get a pair of those =)

Thanks, if anything the traction is probably even worse on the hardwood. Not even one NBA player using em! lol and yea it's pretty obvious now to me that these were definitely not made for performance lol, or outdoors at least. But hey, there's nothing wrong in wanting to ball in these. However, the 2 things that kill it are the horrible traction/grip and durability of the sole. I can already tell by the damage done today that these aren't gonna last more than a few weeks if I keep playing in em. Which is sad for those of us who wanna ball in em because it really is a sick shoe. Only if they would have put on a more durable sole -_-....

Mangos are definitely sick IMO. My girlfriend gonna get a pair of those =)

Def picking these up...
nike-huarache-bball-2012-stealth-black-blue.jpg

nike-huarache-bball-2012-stealth-black-blue_03.jpg

nike-huarache-bball-2012-stealth-black-blue_02.jpg

Will pick these up if I can get them at a discount down the road...

nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-black-volt-wolf-grey-1-570x427.jpg

nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-black-volt-wolf-grey-2-570x427.jpg

nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-black-volt-wolf-grey-3-570x427.jpg

Def picking these up...
nike-huarache-bball-2012-stealth-black-blue.jpg

nike-huarache-bball-2012-stealth-black-blue_03.jpg

nike-huarache-bball-2012-stealth-black-blue_02.jpg

Will pick these up if I can get them at a discount down the road...

nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-black-volt-wolf-grey-1-570x427.jpg

nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-black-volt-wolf-grey-2-570x427.jpg

nike-huarache-free-basketball-2012-white-black-volt-wolf-grey-3-570x427.jpg

Back
Top Bottom