Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
been looking for something to use my black wax laces from that Italian site from a year or so ago but worried about it leaving black stains on a white tongue.

trappedintime trappedintime
Those waxed laces look [emoji]128293[/emoji] on those Chi's.

Gonna have to buy a couple for my Chi's and SBB's.

Info on where you got them from?

trappedintime trappedintime
Those waxed laces look [emoji]128293[/emoji] on those Chi's.

Gonna have to buy a couple for my Chi's and SBB's.

Info on where you got them from?
Thanks man. Only worn the black waxed twice so far, but don't see any issue with them staining the tongue. On the other hand, the white waxed laces picked up a little bit of red from the leather running them through the eyelets. Not too noticeable but might want to wipe these down before lacing up.

http://www.laceduplaces.com

Last edited:
Thanks man. Only worn the black waxed twice so far, but don't see any issue with them staining the tongue. On the other hand, the white waxed laces picked up a little bit of red from the leather running them through the eyelets. Not too noticeable but might want to wipe these down before lacing up.

Thanks fam. Repped.
np I'll try to get some on-feet tomorrow. The gold aglets on the waxed laces are a nice touch.

Am I the only one that only needs ONE pair of a certain shoe (don't see how some of you have 5 Chi's) because i own so many that I'm not gonna beat mine up that bad or even wear it that much to begin with where i have to worry about needing a backup pair or a backup to the backup a couple years down the line? Especially given the fact that many of yaw are paying markup for the 2nd/3rd/4th/etc pairs?

Am i the only one that looks at that money spent as bread i could be putting towards OTHER kicks i want (and dont have)? Maybe i just like too many of a variety of kicks to OD on a certain shoe (albeit classics)? Or is it a trade bait thing? Or am I just a broke boi cuz i dont have $2-3K disposable to tie up on ONE colorway of kicks (mind you i'm an adult with a decent paying job, an apartment, a gf that lives with me, school loans, etc)? NTers must be paid really well to drop this kind of bread on ONE colorway... Don't mean to sound like i'm hating, just trying to understand the mentality... (by the way, If i had 5 pairs of Chi's i more than likely wouldn't get to the 5th pair until 2040ish, by then they would have probably retroed at LEAST once i'd venture to predict). School me NT Hoarders
I have wondered this same thing. I am in my thirties, own a home, have 3 children, and a really good job. I copped 2 pairs because these shoes are built to last, i still have goldenrod dunks from 1999 and AJ1/dunks are similar in construction. IMO buying more than 2 pairs if your actually planning on wearing all of them is unnecessary. I have about 80+ pairs and there is no way i will wear any 1 shoe enough to warrant more than one reserve pair. Especially since 1s look good worn and slightly beat. I learned my lesson when i copped 2 fire red AJ3 in 2006/2007 and then another the last time they released (2011?). when my first 2006 pair started looking like "beaters" i pulled out the reserve 2006 pair. The paint on them literally cracked before i could make it out of my house. take what you want from that, but the reality is that these shoes will release again so dont feel the need to hoard them. And if your getting pairs to sit on to sell at a later date when prices rise i see that as a good investment especially if you copped at retail.

I learned my lesson when i copped 2 fire red AJ3 in 2006/2007 and then another the last time they released (2011?). when my first 2006 pair started looking like "beaters" i pulled out the reserve 2006 pair. The paint on them literally cracked before i could make it out of my house. take what you want from that, but the reality is that these shoes will release again so dont feel the need to hoard them. And if your getting pairs to sit on to sell at a later date when prices rise i see that as a good investment especially if you copped at retail.

Excellent advice. This was one of my main reasons why I stopped getting doubles. The investment side is a coin flip. You can get a better return for your money in stocks.. (Or not...)

anyone in LA plan on hitting up shiekh for tht instore chi 1 restock next Friday ?

Last edited:

I noticed the same staining on the white poly laces they come with.

I learned my lesson when i copped 2 fire red AJ3 in 2006/2007 and then another the last time they released (2011?). when my first 2006 pair started looking like "beaters" i pulled out the reserve 2006 pair. The paint on them literally cracked before i could make it out of my house. take what you want from that, but the reality is that these shoes will release again so dont feel the need to hoard them. And if your getting pairs to sit on to sell at a later date when prices rise i see that as a good investment especially if you copped at retail.

Excellent advice. This was one of my main reasons why I stopped getting doubles. The investment side is a coin flip. You can get a better return for your money in stocks.. (Or not...)

I'm good with just getting one pair. I don't do "one to stock'" The sneakers I typically wear are easily replaceable (air maxes, new balances, flyknits). Other kicks like Royals I'll wear maybe 3x a month -- they're not seeing enough burn to warrant me trying to buy another pair just to have sitting in the closet. For resale at that.

Only reason I've "doubled up" on a pair before was because I ordered 2 different sizes and wanted to see which one fit better. Returned the pair I didn't want.

If I ever need another pair, I'll find it on eBay or from another seller.

**most people get extra pairs to sell/trade anyway so I guess it doesn't matter if it's in their closet.

anyone in LA plan on hitting up shiekh for tht instore chi 1 restock next Friday ?
i was thinking about going but i would have to call off work to go, and i kind of don't want to get stabbed on a friday honestly.

Last edited:
IF you can get your hands on more than pair...would you not? (reasonable priced of course). Some shoes I buy is almost like a safety net...if I am ever in need of $$$$ these shoes are jsut some of my assets that I can move, earn back and make more on top. Why must I have more than 1? why cant I? My money, I earned it and I will enjoy it. I, like many others didnt come from a wealthy family...See kids back in the day with all the new jays and doubling up...man was I salty as helllllll...Now its not a problem...just obtaining it is the problem.
TELL EM FLAT!!!!! Same struggle as a middle/HS growing up. Used to get the "what are those" line and flexed on crazy. I remember one thing I hated the most Coming Back from Christmas break in HS was to Js, Js, Js, new polos, M&M Racing Jackets (Those Who Remember Those :lol:) and the whole nine yards.....anyways when I cribbed with my mom at one point I dead *** told her after she yelled at me for getting a bulk package new kicks shipped to the house. I simply responded "Every Shoe In HS that I was forced to see every ****** year after year but couldn't get I'm buying (2006-2010 more than 40 pairs btw) mark my words......she threatened to toss them all out had to put 30+ pair in storage. Lowkey still feel pain from my coming up hence my going overboard now but *shrugs* I'll stop when I'm full yall smell me?

Waxed up
smokin.gif
Those white laces
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom