Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Them pics was when you had to lace up your own shoes when you bought them back in 94

Last edited:

that is dumb...does he think that ppl won't pay resell but would be willing to pay 300 retail? 
Not saying they should be $300 necessarily. I just threw out the $300 number as that was the typical resale price for 11s. The actual price point in which JB would need to put the 11s at would probably be somewhere between $200 and $300 in order to fully kill off the resale market.

Not saying they should be $300 necessarily. I just threw out the $300 number as that was the typical resale price for 11s. The actual price point in which JB would need to put the 11s at would probably be somewhere between $200 and $300 in order to fully kill off the resale market.

There is no way to stop resale market, JB can up the price and the resellers will up there price. Remember there is always someone with income to where they can afford and will pay for shoes they couldn't obtain at retail price. Also with all these limited releases and raffles etc, that helps keep resellers in business. I remember when the 11's and 12's first released, in my area they didn't sell out for some months, when the new color released you still had some sizes of the last release, All Jordan's should be released as FCFS GR's, and more pairs should be made.

There is no way to stop resale market, JB can up the price and the resellers will up there price. Remember there is always someone with income to where they can afford and will pay for shoes they couldn't obtain at retail price. Also with all these limited releases and raffles etc, that helps keep resellers in business. I remember when the 11's and 12's first released, in my area they didn't sell out for some months, when the new color released you still had some sizes of the last release, All Jordan's should be released as FCFS GR's, and more pairs should be made.

Yes you are correct in that there will always be resellers, my point was just that upping the price will decrease the number of resellers in the market.

And you are also correct on selling more pairs, increasing supply is the 2nd way to kill resellers assuming you keep prices constant.

Uping the price will only drive resell prices up , the only way to stop resellers is to make more period

Subscibed to see some early shots and learn something about the Chicago 1s from some expert J collectors but the last 20+ post is brainstormed me on the highest level :D dont get me wrong i actually care about the sales market and everything but this is a site about shoes and **** not about economics :D

No disrespect to anyone tho!

Last edited:
I got two pairs of the last release, but these with the OG NA on the tongue, might need to get two pairs of these too

Subscibed to see some early shots and learn something about the Chicago 1s from some expert J collectors but the last 20+ post is brainstormed me on the highest level
happy.gif
dont get me wrong i actually care about the sales market and everything but this is a site about shoes and **** not about economics
happy.gif

No disrespect to anyone tho!
 This lol.

I got two pairs of the last release, but these with the OG NA on the tongue, might need to get two pairs of these too
Get rid of those last release. They'll only be collectin dust when you get the Chi's with the NA treatment. 

NO you didn't.  PEOPLE PAYING RESELLERS IS WHAT IS CREATING THE MARKET.  You're trying too hard but are wrong all around
Word the only way to stop resellers is for JB to manufacture more sneakers and make every release FCFS. Without a doubt whenever JB limits the quantity on a release its going to sell out same day and resale value is going to be ridiculous, now with the price raise this year there will be a lot of GR cw sitting on shelves and the resale value wont be as crazy as it used to be IMO even for the OG cw or the more sought after ones. 

At the end of the day JB doesn't make money off of resellers they make money off of us, so its in their best interest to get rid of the reselling market as well. If you want to say that if they kill the resale market then they will kill hype and brand appeal but at the same time there will always be loyal JB fans that will still buy every single release as long as they keep releasing OG cws.

I think the sneaker game is going to change a lot this year, a lot of people are not going to be buying every single release because of the price raise. Resellers arent going to be able to buy as many pairs as they used to and they are going to think more carefully on which releases to spend their money on. Let me know what yall think. I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with all these price raises, for example all exclusive releases and the holiday '15 XI are probably going to be priced at $250 give or take. 

I'm gonna take a guess here and assume that these will have the same shape as the Fragment. So anxious to see some pics already.

Not at all...only way to kill of resellers is to not buy from them. 

They make so many damn pairs of the 11s but resellers grab multiples so it makes it difficult for others to cop a pair. Then they give into buying from the resellers.

Only way to stop it, is not to let the hype make you buy from them. Move onto the next release or wait for a restock. 

Last edited:
JB makes vast amounts of money of resellers. The garbage X's and XIV's sold out last year because of wannabe resellers. They don't care who buys the shoe as long as it is sold within the 1st 8 hours. It's why they base their allocations that way, and why mangers are willing to sell to people who ensure a 1st day sell out. To believe that Nike or JB gives a crap about what people pay after they make theyre 50+% off each shoe is being naive.

I wish these were releasing the same week as the XI low, would have made it a much easier cop.  So far JB is making it an easy year. Only looking forward to the Chi Xs, these, and the Bord's.

Not at all...only way to kill of resellers is to not buy from them. 

They make so many damn pairs of the 11s but resellers grab multiples so it makes it difficult for others to cop a pair. Then they give into buying from the resellers.

Only way to stop it, is not to let the hype make you buy from them. Move onto the next release or wait for a restock. 
THANK YOU!! My point exactly

Back
Top Bottom