Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
At least ATC services are refundable and I just see it as paying someone with a better server/connection speed to help you cop. They are pretty worthless now though, but I am trying all angles for the shoe I love.

Dang, you're in here!

Didn't even know you rocked Js. Always see you in the Kobe, Lebron etc threads

If this dude "Lewi's Up" we're all toast

:lol:

Nice to see you in here bruh

There it is folks, the mentality of the new age "sneakerhead"

new age? people have been doing that for how long now, 10+ years? :lol:

Exactly. That's been the deal since forever.
It's also comical hat a lot of dudes will moan and complain about resellers but then turn around and pay an add to cart service like it's not the same thing.

$40 for a ATC in comparison to $200 + over retail isn't the same thing J :lol:

state of the thread

I luv this gif :lol:

It's the same thing. Actually the atc people make MORE than your beloved resellers considering they can get hundreds to thousands of customers AND they are taking inventory from the "normal" customers just like a reseller does. It's just a new way of reselling without having to actually purchase the product or ship it.

That's some seriously close minded thinking if you are serious.

How is it the same thing when ATCs end up refunding you if they fail opposed to out right spending $350 on a resell/pre order pair? How are they making MORE money when their service fails? For instance how much money did these services make during the Fragment 1 drop?? :nerd:

When they 1st started ATCs, those guys were definitely eating, but time has caught up to most of those services, only a few are consistent, everybody else is hit or miss.

Maybe you misunderstood my initial post, what I am saying is I rather spend $40 on an ATC opposed to outright just spending $200 markup for a pair. Financially, you end up saving going the ATC route so it isn't the same thing.

I don't have any problem with resellers or ATCs one way or another, you don't see me complaining.

How is it Nike fault that people are buying FSR in some cases and reselling causing people who actually want the shoes to strike out? They didn't make enough pairs to satisfy the customers + resellers?

Resellers only exist because people are willing to pay them.. If Nike produced enough shoes for everyone, there would be no resellers. Think about GR retro models that sit on shelves or take awhile to sell-resellers make little to no money on these initially.

Can someone hook me up with some NorCal Shiekh codes? I'm size 9.5 so hopefully I won't impede on your hustle. 

I only went to Southland, Newpark and Tanforan so far, but those were already posted in this thread. 

Last edited:

If I had a time machine I would teleport you all to August 1994 when at least 60 pairs of these shoes sat on a display table at my local FTL for 19.99 each.
So I heard.. Why weren't people feeling these back then?
"Retro" shoes were not popular in 1994. People wanted the new models, not old. Retro didn't even become popular til after the OG space jams, which sat on shelves too.

How is it Nike fault that people are buying FSR in some cases and reselling causing people who actually want the shoes to strike out? They didn't make enough pairs to satisfy the customers + resellers?
Resellers only exist because people are willing to pay them.. If Nike produced enough shoes for everyone, there would be no resellers. Think about GR retro models that sit on shelves or take awhile to sell-resellers make little to no money on these initially.
You theory makes no sense make bro, it's Nike fault that people can't buy multiple pairs for no reason and have pairs for people who actually want to wear the shoes?

Resellers are sneaker lovers like you and me, they know what pairs to sell and not, like if u copped a FSR of the grey 14s last year trying to come up then you're in the wrong business. But u know if u have the connections u copped a FSR of the Columbias. We don't have the stats here but Nike prob made the same amount of both shoes but what happens after is out of their control.

At least ATC services are refundable and I just see it as paying someone with a better server/connection speed to help you cop. They are pretty worthless now though, but I am trying all angles for the shoe I love.
Dang, you're in here!

Didn't even know you rocked Js. Always see you in the Kobe, Lebron etc threads

If this dude "Lewi's Up" we're all toast

laugh.gif

Nice to see you in here bruh
I used to be all about Jays 8yrs ago. The fruity non-OG color ways being pumped out weekly turned me off, and I sold most of them except my favorites. Now I usually just mess with OG colors of some pairs I love...

shottadru shottadru supply and demand should answer your question.

Shoes that are sitting in shelves do not sell for much more above retail nor do they attract resellers.

Nike providing so few pairs with a higher demand means bad things.

Look at what the holiday Jordans sell for.

Anyone in here have that "Encyclopedia of Air Jordans" book? Wondering if it is worth the money...

Back
Top Bottom