Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
So I heard.. Why weren't people feeling these back then?
Mainly because no one really liked Mike after his first 3 championships, most people disliked him because he was killing their favorite team. people still thought Magic was better. It wasn't until jordan retired the second time, then people started calling him the greatest ever. Plus we didn't care about shoes like now. We would wear them, clean them and throw them in the closet, shoe box was probably left in the store with your old sneakers.

Last edited:
@shottadru supply and demand should answer your question.

Shoes that are sitting in shelves do not sell for much more above retail nor do they attract resellers.

Nike providing so few pairs with a higher demand means bad things.

Look at what the holiday Jordans sell for.
We on similar pages bro but we aren't lol. Let's table for now to not add to the ruckus that's will go down in here for the next few days.

No raffles, no connects no nothing. :smh:

I just want one pair to wear... Thats it. Is my best bet a bot?

shottadru shottadru supply and demand should answer your question.

Shoes that are sitting in shelves do not sell for much more above retail nor do they attract resellers.

Sadly, these are going to be far worse than holiday Jordans... I wish JB threw us a bone and made enough of these for the 30th anniv.

[@=/u/79112/shottadru]@shottadru[/@] supply and demand should answer your question.

We on similar pages bro but we aren't lol. Let's table for now to not add to the ruckus that's will go down in here for the next few days.

Deal :lol:

So I heard.. Why weren't people feeling these back then?

In the 90s blue Jordans and past year Jordans were taboo mainstream. 1993-1994 is also when the swoosh Era started so anything that had Nike in letters was considered dated compared to the advanced styling of shoes Nike was dropping. When the retro showed up in 94 a lot of the initial arguments was gaudy Ness of Nike logos and lack of high tech features.

People around my way referred to them as clown shoes. My mom jumped on that $20 deal and the 94s were my 8th grade back to school sneaks. I used to get a lot of jokes thrown my way for wearing them but I didn't care. The 94s inspired me to get into researching and buying "old" jordans that year. My mom copped me Bred 1 a month later and I had acquired lightly worn charcoal 7s from the goodwill for a .10 a week before I got discounted Powder 9s for Xmas 94.(Reason for my username)

when is a good time to start camping ????for fcfs
yesterday
Sad but kind of true 
laugh.gif

hey it is what it is if u buy more than 1 pair to sell then u a reseller u never showed me love on nothing u just lock up threads and tell folks not to curse and threat to block people every jordan 11 release thread so whatever

Mainly because no one really liked Mike after his first 3 championships, most people disliked him because he was killing their favorite team. people still thought Magic was better. It wasn't until jordan retired the second time, then people started calling him the greatest ever. Plus we didn't care about shoes like now. We would wear them, clean them and throw them in the closet, shoe box was probably left in the store with your old sneakers.

Crazy. I guess MJ really changed things/times. It makes me wonder if something similar will happen to Kobe and Lebrons shoes once they retire and all the young kids that grew up watching them start to feel the same way...

Imagine in 30 years people going crazy for a pair of Retro Kobe VIs or Retro Lebron VIIIs LOL

what in Gods name is going on in here?

I'm to the point where i dont even care anymore. If all 4 pre-orders fail, so be it. This is ******ed. I at least home the pair i copped for a client comes through.

In for the lulz now.

And whose in glassankles picture? Why is nobody talking about her?

And I'm still waiting for a picture of the girl who made people perform for discount back in the day.

@shottadru supply and demand should answer your question.

Sadly, these are going to be far worse than holiday Jordans... I wish JB threw us a bone and made enough of these for the 30th anniv.
Just start lining up a connect for the Aqua 8's from now bro, it's gonna be ugly.

Not to dwell back on it Big J being we tabled it but in 07 I walked in a Extra Butter during my lunch break randomly and copped the Aqua 8's...good ol days.

what in Gods name is going on in here?

I'm to the point where i dont even care anymore. If all 4 pre-orders fail, so be it. This is ******ed. I at least home the pair i copped for a client comes through.

In for the lulz now.

And whose in glassankles picture? Why is nobody talking about her?

And I'm still waiting for a picture of the girl who made people perform for discount back in the day.
its in his sig and 

In the 90s blue Jordans and past year Jordans were taboo mainstream. 1993-1994 is also when the swoosh Era started so anything that had Nike in letters was considered dated compared to the advanced styling of shoes Nike was dropping. When the retro showed up in 94 a lot of the initial arguments was gaudy Ness of Nike logos and lack of high tech features.

People around my way referred to them as clown shoes. My mom jumped on that $20 deal and the 94s were my 8th grade back to school sneaks. I used to get a lot of jokes thrown my way for wearing them but I didn't care. The 94s inspired me to get into researching and buying "old" jordans that year. My mom copped me Bred 1 a month later and I had acquired lightly worn charcoal 7s from the goodwill for a .10 a week before I got discounted Powder 9s for Xmas 94.(Reason for my username)

Awesome story thanks for sharing! My 1st pair of Js was during the Wiz era in 2002-I bought a pair of lightly worn retro XI Columbias for $60 from my friend. There was still a lot of MJ hype (esp in the DMV) but, still, nowhere near where it is today...

Funny how a lot of ppl thought Jordans would go out of style but yet the exact opposite has happened.

No, I was wondering this as well-I heard the paper quality wasn't that great (for the $).

Quality was sub par and more of a picture book than an encyclopedia but overall decent job and def worth it especially if ur spending $100s-$1000s on shoes $60 for a book is well worth it

Just start lining up a connect for the Aqua 8's from now bro, it's gonna be ugly.

Not to dwell back on it Big J being we tabled it but in 07 I walked in a Extra Butter during my lunch break randomly and copped the Aqua 8's...good ol days.

You don't think Aqua 8s will be as easy as IR VIs?

Back
Top Bottom