Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
laugh.gif
  I'm just speaking from the one pair I have. I said it was decent quality...not trash quality. But none of this super plush quality everyone in this thread has been raving about. I never saw frags in hand so I can't compare these to those.

laugh.gif
  I'm just speaking from the one pair I have. I said it was decent quality...not trash quality. But none of this super plush quality everyone in this thread has been raving about. I never saw frags in hand so I can't compare these to those.
Must be the pair you got man. Just like how everyone thought I was crazy when I said my oreo 4s were as stiff as a brick. Softest leather j's I've ever held in hand since Banned 1. Down to the toe boxes.

The quality talk is hilarious. Let's remember we're talking about a mass-produced, made-in-China sneaker. We're talking about a global company with $28.8B in sales in FY14 (with ~62% of that coming from footwear) and gross margins of 44.8%, 43.6%, and 43.5% in FY14, FY13, and FY12, respectively. And that's not to say made in China (or Vietnam, take your pick) products are inherently of poor quality. One could argue that in exchange for labor cost savings, Nike can afford to use higher-quality leather, but c'mon, I think we all know better. And simply comparing these to nice leather shoes should be enough to convince anyone of this point. I can understand quality relative to other sneaker releases by Nike (or other brands, I don't mean to pick on Nike as I love Nike), but to call these quality on an absolute scale is unreal. I used to think the quality talk was resellers trying to further hype the product, but it now seems that most actually believe it...

Last edited:
My advice to anyone still on the hunt, is message every seller u can, starting with the newest listings.

Most of these auctions are not ending as "sold" on eBay. They are being ended because the item is no longer available, which means they are going thru paypal offers. I put in some work today and found 4 sellers willing to do around $375 shipped (sz 11.5 and 12). 

Start hitting those sellers up, and emphasize that you can pay ASAP. Most offers I started at $350 and met them in the middle around $375-$385.

Last edited:
The quality talk is hilarious. Let's remember we're talking about a mass-produced, made-in-China sneaker. We're talking about a global company with $28.8B in sales in FY14 (with ~62% of that coming from footwear) and gross margins of 44.8%, 43.6%, and 43.5% in FY14, FY13, and FY12, respectively. And that's not to say made in China (or Vietnam, take your pick) products are inherently of poor quality. One could argue that in exchange for labor cost savings, Nike can afford to use higher-quality leather, but c'mon, I think we all know better. And simply comparing these to nice leather shoes should be enough to convince anyone of this point. I can understand quality relative to other sneaker releases by Nike (or other brands, I don't mean to pick on Nike as I love Nike), but to call these quality on an absolute scale is unreal. I used to think the quality talk was resellers trying to further hype the product, but it now seems that most actually believe it...

View media item 1569240

Honestly it pays to really go innn on release day........#TeamRetailOrDie.

Last edited:
My advice to anyone still on the hunt, is message every seller u can, starting with the newest listings.

Most of these auctions are not ending as "sold" on eBay. They are being ended because the item is no longer available, which means they are going thru paypal offers. I put in some work today and found 4 sellers willing to do around $375 shipped (sz 11.5 and 12). 

Start hitting those sellers up, and emphasize that you can pay ASAP. Most offers I started at $350 and met them in the middle around $375-$385.

This ^^^

If you small sizes you practically effed 500+

Yeah, it's hilarious how people rave about the "quality" of the Banned 1's or Fragments as if they were made in Italy or somewhere other than China lol. Those shoes are made of artificial leather. I truly don't believe the Fragments or the upcoming Shattered Backboards are made of any higher quality pleather than the Chicago's. 

Just got my EB pair in and the quality is A1! I've pulled them out the box at least 3 times in the last hour just to look at them lol.

I am definitely in for another pair

Last edited:
My trade for two black red xi low went through. Having a pair now in hand, these are decent quality but definitely not "remastered." JB with the ultimate troll this year raising the price and giving us the same quality. Smh
This!! Though I think the quality of these are very nice, it's seems the "Remastered" tag as a part of the official retail description has been conveniently left off from all JB releases since the Teal 5s. Because lets be honest; and correct me if I'm wrong, did that open letter last year state verbatim that ALL retro releases going forward were going to be remastered or did they just know we'd assume such? I said to myself when I read it that they'd remaster a few, the first few, (which were ironically releases we cared far less about) and get over on the fact they think we bought the scam. SUPER troll.

Yeah, it's hilarious how people rave about the "quality" of the Banned 1's or Fragments as if they were made in Italy or somewhere other than China lol. Those shoes are made of artificial leather. I truly don't believe the Fragments or the upcoming Shattered Backboards are made of any higher quality pleather than the Chicago's. 

So Air Jordan II are the best?

Honestly it pays to really go innn on release day........#TeamRetailOrDie.
True dat but I only got lucky wit GS sizes.. But I'm definitely below retail on my two personal pairs.. I had to do what I had to do to make paying resale not seem like it. I put in my work..3rd pair should be in 2mor

My trade for two black red xi low went through. Having a pair now in hand, these are decent quality but definitely not "remastered." JB with the ultimate troll this year raising the price and giving us the same quality. Smh

View media item 1569251
I didnt even notice these didnt get the "remastered" tag

But the leather is soft so idk

Last edited:
These gonna be in royal 1 territory soon. None left unworn. Prices 600+ for deadstock. Fakes everywhere. Scammers everywhere. Impossible to buy online. Might have to cop at sneakercon off someone desperate to sell.

This!! Though I think the quality of these are very nice, it's seems the "Remastered" tag as a part of the official retail description has been conveniently left off from all JB releases since the Teal 5s. Because lets be honest; and correct me if I'm wrong, did that open letter last year state verbatim that ALL retro releases going forward were going to be remastered or did they just know we'd assume such? I said to myself when I read it that they'd remaster a few, the first few, (which were ironically releases we cared far less about) and get over on the fact they think we bought the scam. SUPER troll.
They did say that all retro's around spring time and going forward would be remastered. 

Back
Top Bottom