Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
so i'm set to meet up with a dude and pay $400 for a DS pair in 8.5 later today - decent deal? or should i hold out?
That was retail for $160 and if you wear them and get caught one time in the rain or someone accidentally steps on them... Naw if that dude is ripping you off and you must have the "Chi's" make him cough up the receipt he purchased them from and if the shoe box is not in good condition then he needs to subtract $50 off that total. Inspect them thoroughly and if they are not to your satisfication point out flaws and subtract $20 off that total also. People if these re-sellers wants to take advantage of you, make YOUR demands much higher you are the BUYER and have the power of purchase. Remember that.

Last edited:
roll.gif

That was retail for $160 and if you wear them and get caught one time in the rain or someone accidentally steps on them... Naw if that dude is ripping you off and you must have the "Chi's" make him cough up the receipt he purchased them from and if the shoe box is not in good condition then he needs to subtract $50 off that total. Inspect them thoroughly and if they are not to your satisfication point out flaws and subtract $20 off that total also. People if these re-sellers wants to take advantage of you, make YOUR demands much higher you are the BUYER and have the power of purchase. Remember that.
Be realistic. No reseller will ever do that. How about you just don't purchase anything from a reseller. Easy as that.

Be realistic. No reseller will ever do that. How about you just don't purchase anything from a reseller. Easy as that.

It's all fair game if a re-seller can charge triple and quadruple over the retail price why can't the consumer DEMAND a certain level of quality for their purchase or be discounted for any discrepancies? (I.e messed up box, worn once, no receipt etc). I always felt there are more re-sellers on here just from some people's responses than people who just love a shoe. And seeing how people are getting "mad" at the word "discount" and "power of purchase". Why would anyone be upset or discourage another NT'er advice on how to save money? In person meets you can bargain more on price and most times the re-seller is so money hungry because they are making a profit regardless they sell cheaper than their original price.

I usually don't deal with re-sellers unless at sneaker con or solexchange. So i can inspect the shoe and decide what i think the shoe is worth and willing to pay. I'm very meticulous about everything on shoes including the box.

Last edited:

ice_cube_wtf.gif

be careful, he may report you for that gif. he did that to me after he posted a meme towards me and i responded in the same fashion. can deal it but cant take it. spoiled lil kid.

dude lives in LA LA land....subtract $50 if the box is not in good condition? that box is not worth paying $20 for even if its in 100% mint condition. and take off $50 for a bad condition shoebox, but only ask for $20 off for bad condition of the actual shoes? thats some backwards scumbag advice right there.

Last edited:
Do y'all believe that the value of these will increase like the Breds or Royals? I'm thinking about grabbing another pair for around 300 while I can.

Do y'all believe that the value of these will increase like the Breds or Royals? I'm thinking about grabbing another pair for around 300 while I can.

It's classic OG colorway it should go for 5x retail...if you can find them at $300 you should grab 5 or 6 [emoji]127824[/emoji]s

"YOUR demands are much higher" lol who is this guy?...

dude sounds fresh out of an economics class in highschool.

It's all fair game if a re-seller can charge triple and quadruple over the retail price why can't the consumer DEMAND a certain level of quality for their purchase or be discounted for any discrepancies? (I.e messed up box, worn once, no receipt etc). I always felt there are more re-sellers on here just from some people's responses than people who just love a shoe. And seeing how people are getting "mad" at the word "discount" and "power of purchase". Why would anyone be upset or discourage another NT'er advice on how to save money? In person meets you can bargain more on price and most times the re-seller is so money hungry because they are making a profit regardless they sell cheaper than their original price.

I usually don't deal with re-sellers unless at sneaker con or solexchange. So i can inspect the shoe and decide what i think the shoe is worth and willing to pay. I'm very meticulous about everything on shoes including the box.
No one is getting mad over the power the consumer has. Truth is, it all depends on the individual. You're damn right i wont pay as much for a used shoe compared to a new one. I probably wouldn't cop at all if the box was all F'd up as well. The problem is, you commented about a ridiculous $50 discount over the shoe box. I'm just being real and saying that's not going to happen. It might be worth that much to you, but to the average NTer, they probably dont mind getting a box with a few dings as long as its a decent condition overall. Then you talk about pointing out shoe flaws and asking for another $20 off. The box is worth more than the shoe to you or what? Come on dude how many of us have a " perfect" pair of Js. I can point out a couple in my selection that have glue stains and not so perfect stitching. For example, the Chis I have with the crooked tongue. I've personally returned a few pairs of Js back to the store because they had a scrape or the material wasn't as nice as i wanted it. There is a limit to what i will or wil not accept. It just seems that your standards are pretty high. For someone who doesn't see it that way, it will sound like a bogus claim just to bring down the price. I wouldn't even buy some Js with a marked up price if it had flaws. You would ask for a discount for them though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom