Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

roll.gif

Troll? :lol:

I'm the petty one? Should I post the screen shots of your pm again?

I don't like, mess or eff with you. You speak eloquently about nothing you know about.

You sign a nda at these things so i can't speak on anything until Nike announces it.

I hinted the draw before it released. I just told you things are going to change yet again.

Nike and ftl were in the group and Nike pretty much implied that they forced ftl to make an app because of all the complaints from their raffle system.

Nike has been puffing their chests to vendors thru more and more retail spaces.

We as consumers ar stupid. We cry about $190 retail but $200 was average resell on grs when hype was high.

nike wants to audit because they make more money selling thru their own retail spaces.

Community stores are going to start having release day product like other accounts and not just operating like outlets.

Bunch of uniformed people him here. I went to a focus group Nike held and the topic was to kill reselling. The whole remaster thing was nothing more than a jig to charge more and mass produce.

Nothing Nike has done has been limited like before. They're flooding the market to kill resellers.
None of those options seems like viable solutions to kill reselling.

You know how Nike could kill reselling?

Seen an article on this before...

Sell each model & colorways continuously throughout the year. They can sell the most popular models and colorways for a higher price (what the resell market goes for) and people would go directly to them instead of untrustworthy people. It's simple.

Nike sell limited shoes every 3, 4, 5 years because it draws up hype for the brand and company.

If they sold Black Toe 1s all year around for about $220, the resell game would die. Point blank.

If they sold Black Toe 1's all year around for about $220, the resell game would die. Point blank.

If they sold Breds/Banned's, Black Toes, Chicago's, Royals or any other hyped Jordan 1 at its current retail of $160 year around it would impair the resell market, but then again the sneaker runs the risk of losing its appeal amongst a sometimes casual and fickle consumer base.

Finding that middle ground is what JB/Nike can't simply seem to do right as far as the masses are concerned. At the end of the day they'll err on the side of caution and will consistently leverage towards limitedness, hype, mass produced product with shoddy materials, etc. if it continues to peak interest and drive their bottom line.

So would the retail market! Lol ain't nobody paying 220 retail on 1s regularly.
People are paying $220 for worse Jordan products....................................................

People are paying $220 and more for the resell market on 1s....................................................

If you had Bred 1s, messed them up, and could go back and buy whenever you wanted, I'm sure you'd pay the $220 instead of going to eBay for the $450.

If they sold Breds/Banned's, Black Toes, Chicago's, Royals or any other hyped Jordan 1 at its current retail of $160 year around it would impair the resell market, but then again the sneaker runs the risk of losing its appeal amongst a sometimes casual and fickle consumer base.

Finding that middle ground is what JB/Nike can't simply seem to do right as far as the masses are concerned. At the end of the day they'll err on the side of caution and will consistently leverage towards limitedness, hype, mass produced product with shoddy materials, etc. if it continues to peak interest and drive their bottom line.
I don't believe it would lose it's appeal, maybe what you COULD do is seasonal wears. 11s in the Fall/Winter, 1s Spring/Summer.

You don't see Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, or any other brands making "limited" items that come around every 4 years. They sell everything year-round (mostly) and charge by the demand.

Also, some shoes are STILL staples on Nike and sell everyday like the Air Force 1. Adidas don't sell Superstars every 4 years and they continue to sell.

These companies that are targeting the "urban" market are the ones that are trying to capitalize off of hype. Adidas only does limited runs of Yeezys. Even NMDs are regularly sold now. Nike only does limited runs of Jordans, Foams, etc.

I agree with the last statement about peaking interest, they don't give a damn about the bottom line. They care about the brand, that's why they signed that record deal with the NBA. Sure, they're going to make off the jersey sales but realistically it's to slow down the momentum that Adidas was building.

Nike could have made a BILLION off Kanye West, the brand didn't want a "rapper" as a face of the company.

They wanted to continue their relationship as a collaboration. 

Nike could have made a BILLION off Kanye West, the brand didn't want a "rapper" as a face of the company.

They wanted to continue their relationship as a collaboration. 
A somewhat controversial one at that. Similar reason Nike dropped Pacquiao after he created a stir with his off-base comments. Nike cares very deeply about how their brand is promoted and marketed to the masses with regards to the company's core values.

Troll? :lol:

I'm the petty one? Should I post the screen shots of your pm again?

I don't like, mess or eff with you. You speak eloquently about nothing you know about.

You sign a nda at these things so i can't speak on anything until Nike announces it.

I hinted the draw before it released. I just told you things are going to change yet again.

Nike and ftl were in the group and Nike pretty much implied that they forced ftl to make an app because of all the complaints from their raffle system.

Nike has been puffing their chests to vendors thru more and more retail spaces.

We as consumers ar stupid. We cry about $190 retail but $200 was average resell on grs when hype was high.

nike wants to audit because they make more money selling thru their own retail spaces.

Community stores are going to start having release day product like other accounts and not just operating like outlets.

Dudes 100 # correct

I saw this coming with the OG banned outlet release back in 2011
Outlets selling at box price was coming down the road long ago if you know what to look for

The community stores was just a front to have small "outlet type" shoes in urban areas
Nike cut accounts of small mom and pop stores in the same area.

But hey if they hired people who live in that area that I believe was part of the these stores plain that's a good thing

Last edited:

A somewhat controversial one at that. Similar reason Nike dropped Pacquiao after he created a stir with his off-base comments. Nike cares very deeply about how their brand is promoted and marketed to the masses with regards to the company's core values.
They care about the brand more than people being able to buy them fairly, IMO.

Makes 100% complete business sense.

They care about the brand more than people being able to buy them fairly, IMO.

Makes 100% complete business sense.

I've told this story before but Nike let Kanye go because he would have hissy fits in meetings and disrespect those in charge.

They also didn't want his clothing because it doesn't represent their brand and they already break even with a lot of their high end collabs and aside from shoes, kanyes line is a flop.

Adidas is popular at the moment because Nike designers made the move and have designed some nice models but adidas is now having to deal with bots and back door sales which they weren't expecting.

Nike passed on ultraboost because it wouldn't take color and I cant wait for what nikes releasing 2017 to "kill" ultra boost.

A bit off topic but I'm tired :lol:.

Availability did kill the Sb/ dunk craze.

Took the L but still liked the new system.. now it´s off to the resell-market I guess.

Too bad, I was hoping to get these for retail because I won´t be at home when the True Blue 3s drop, so I will have to pay extra for those too.

Back
Top Bottom