Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

nerd.gif

Last edited:
He still hasn't answered to what he guessed like he knows something for a fact other than posting questionable pictures towards men

Last edited:
Copped. November is my birthday month so I'm gonna treat mahself ya feel me

Loving these 1s releasing. I'm glad the 31s release campaign incorporated the 1, like a tribute to them with the subtle details (leather incorporation, wings logo, swoosh woven in, etc). I think JB has slowly attempted to recapture the craze and capitalize off of rising popularity of the 1s for 6-7 maybe 8 years at least. That's when they started doing packs like OL/NL and DMP with the 1s. Nicer 1s started coming out too, Levi's 1s mids, China XQ mids, HOFs, Laser Premium Hi's, Gucci Premium Hi's, Dave Whites, Lance Mountains etc.

Plus if you follow the logic that JBs remaster program and Nike SNKRS app are patchwork solutions to resellers then you follow the narrative that they are aware of resellers and the resale market. With that being said, I'm positive they were also aware of the seemingly ever-rising resale value of 2013 Nike air 1s and their success in the sneaker culture (wanna see if 1s like the holy trinity members are popular at all with sneakerheads? go to a sneakercon). That must have led to their incorporation in the air Jordan 31 campaign. It's kind of genius, every 31 that releases a high top Nike air 1 drops alongside them. The collectors will wanna complete the set, the hoopers are happy with an in-your-face signature basketball shoe from Air Jordan that performs but is also somewhat likeable, and the newcomers entering the market who fail to get the hyped up 1s can cop the 31s as a consolation prize only to further attract them into the air Jordan/sneaker world. It's like a win win. It's like a democrat ethering trump supporters with that new sound bite of him bragging about his previous sexual harassment efforts. Run with it. It's payday. Nike and JB just cashing their chips in. Lol

Copped. November is my birthday month so I'm gonna treat mahself ya feel me

Loving these 1s releasing. I'm glad the 31s release campaign incorporated the 1, like a tribute to them with the subtle details (leather incorporation, wings logo, swoosh woven in, etc). I think JB has slowly attempted to recapture the craze and capitalize off of rising popularity of the 1s for 6-7 maybe 8 years at least. That's when they started doing packs like OL/NL and DMP with the 1s. Nicer 1s started coming out too, Levi's 1s mids, China XQ mids, HOFs, Laser Premium Hi's, Gucci Premium Hi's, Dave Whites, Lance Mountains etc.

Plus if you follow the logic that JBs remaster program and Nike SNKRS app are patchwork solutions to resellers then you follow the narrative that they are aware of resellers and the resale market. With that being said, I'm positive they were also aware of the seemingly ever-rising resale value of 2013 Nike air 1s and their success in the sneaker culture (wanna see if 1s like the holy trinity members are popular at all with sneakerheads? go to a sneakercon). That must have led to their incorporation in the air Jordan 31 campaign. It's kind of genius, every 31 that releases a high top Nike air 1 drops alongside them. The collectors will wanna complete the set, the hoopers are happy with an in-your-face signature basketball shoe from Air Jordan that performs but is also somewhat likeable, and the newcomers entering the market who fail to get the hyped up 1s can cop the 31s as a consolation prize only to further attract them into the air Jordan/sneaker world. It's like a win win. It's like a democrat ethering trump supporters with that new sound bite of him bragging about his previous sexual harassment efforts. Run with it. It's payday. Nike and JB just cashing their chips in. Lol

How much Jordan Brand kool aid have you drank, bro?

It's kind of obvious that Nike/Jordan Brand are trying to leverage their old glory (retros) into what's new (XXX1s). They kind of remind me of the Dallas Cowboys-always trying to remind people of their Superbowl run decades ago... It's 2016 and it's honestly sad that you have to rely so much on your past achievements to hype up your brand. Don't get me wrong, from a performance standpoint, the XX9s are incredible (I own and use a pair for the gym/ball), but the XXX1s are clearly an attempt by Nike/JB to look cool when facing stiff competition from brands like UA which are selling great performing shoes with mostly mediocre designs.

Last edited:
How much Jordan Brand kool aid have you drank, bro?

It's kind of obvious that Nike/Jordan Brand are trying to leverage their old glory (retros) into what's new (XXX1s). They kind of remind me of the Dallas Cowboys-always trying to remind people of their Superbowl run decades ago... It's 2016 and it's honestly sad that you have to rely so much on your past achievements to hype up your brand. Don't get me wrong, from a performance standpoint, the XX9s are incredible (I own and use a pair for the gym/ball), but the XXX1s are clearly an attempt by Nike/JB to look cool when facing stiff competition from brands like UA which are selling great performing shoes with mostly mediocre designs.
But the 31s look better than Under Armor and the Adidas basketball shoes.

But the 31s look better than Under Armor and the Adidas basketball shoes.

Still-their design draws so heavily from the AJ 1s and AJ 18s, it should be no surprise.. They are a boarderline hybrid model, in terms of design. At least the AJ XX8 and XX9 took risks, this model is literally the definition of "playing it safe."

I'm glad I'm never falling for Nike's marketing hype-I would be ashamed to wear a pair of XXX1s in public, knowing that they are basically 2016 v2 Alpha 1s with much more marketing money attached to them.

Back
Top Bottom