Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

The app is footstores way of making an equitable release. There's a period to sign up to reserve a shoe in the app - usually a few days. You can get an incremental 'headstart' during the launch by doing a series of things -- checking to a store, have a certain status, etc. max you can get 6mins of ahead start.

During the launch those with the head start get an opportunity to reserve a pair first, followed by 5mins starts, 4 mins and so on. During sign up you selected a series of shops to reserve at (3 max) if you get an opportunity to reserve ... you then have X amount of time to confirm reservation through the app for one of the stores you selected during sign up.

EDIT: you will have to register the app with your phone (you'll get a code to enter once you download the app). You can have all of the footstores apps on your phone but I have yet to see folks hit for multiple pairs by hitting at footlocker through the app and then hitting through footaction with thu hae app.
thanks for answering.

1 more question, 

when can u sign up to reserve a pair and do you have to be at that specific location?

Good to know, thanks. Yeah, the "head start" part was throwing me off as to what the benefit of that was....and it sounds like there isn't really a benefit since it doesn't matter when during the reservation period you enter, right? 

It actually benefits you. It's like being able to try for you size on SNKRS at 09:54am eastern whereas everyone else can't until 10am.

thanks for answering.
1 more question, 
when can u sign up to reserve a pair and do you have to be at that specific location?

I believe sign ups open on the app that monday of the release and you do not have to be at the specific location .. how ever you do need to go to the store listed and "sign in" i guess to get more of a head start ..

It actually benefits you. It's like being able to try for you size on SNKRS at 09:54am eastern whereas everyone else can't until 10am.
Except not many people are really gonna be waiting till 10am lol. They should just do it like Snkrs does the reserve drawings for NikeTowns. Nice and simple just enter and go. None of this headstart nonsense 

Except not many people are really gonna be waiting till 10am lol. They should just do it like Snkrs does the reserve drawings for NikeTowns. Nice and simple just enter and go. None of this headstart nonsense 

I agree pretty much everyone now has a 6 min headstart.

So I'm an idiot lol. I totally forgot I won't be in Cleveland for this release because I'm going to SneakerCon N.Y. Soooooo...what are my chances at getting these in N.Y.?
i hope your not coming to nyc just for sneakercon ?
Yes and no. My main reason is SneakerCon but it's not like I'm going to go to SneakerCon then leave. I'm gonna stick around and enjoy the city as usual. I usually make multiple trips to NY a year, this'll simply be another one. So yes, I'm coming for SneakerCon but simply because it's in NY. If SneakerCon was in Philly, I wouldn't be going. If it was in Pittsburgh which is only 2 hours away from me, I still wouldn't be going.

yeah only certain places have switched over to the app system but more and more are changing over to it as time goes by
Gotcha, guess Washington is still doing the old school in person raffle. So head start has nothing to do with me yet? Also called another location and their launch locator says fcfs.

All the stores near me are listed as FCFS. Don't know if I wanna deal with this.

I don't even get how it works and where to "line up"

I would actually camp at twelve oaks, guy told me yesterday it would be raffle tho [emoji]129300[/emoji] He was a newer guy and told me exact amount they had

Last edited:
No such thing as lining up anymore. Dudes hide in bushes, gain access inside malls and hide in bathrooms...... if you're there at 3am, some douche strolling up at 6am will scam their way ahead of you somehow.

Back
Top Bottom