Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Actually thought about leaving some of my extra white laces on the window sill to create some more yellowed laces. Too risky to do with sneakers though, won't be an even yellowing, and you're going to yellow the leather as well.

Last edited:
Ain't nobody got 30 years to wait for a shoe to yellow haha. Only way they're looking like that is if you leave them out in the sun. Regular wear is just gonna make them brown and dirty. Plus, the heel drag would be so bad by the time they're yellowed. They did yellowed soles on the VNTG retro dunk series, and AJKO Chicagos a few years ago and they're both pretty good.
I feel you on the 30 years :lol: but I ain't buying no yellowed shoes :frown:

10-15 wears later and these things have yet to crease!!! very pleased!
roll.gif

I havent done anything intentional. I wear my black toes normally without any type of shoe shields. I walk normally and even ran in them a few times. They just wont crease! Same thing goes for my 2016 Bred 1's which i've worn about 15 times. No toe box creasing at all. Great quality leather.

Quote:
I havent done anything intentional. I wear my black toes normally without any type of shoe shields. I walk normally and even ran in them a few times. They just wont crease! Same thing goes for my 2016 Bred 1's which i've worn about 15 times. No toe box creasing at all. Great quality leather.
Lol, sure thing buddy. No need for hyperbole

No exaggeration whatsoever. Im sure i'm not the only one whose having this experience
Not I. My BT's and Bred's creased pretty easily, which I don't have an issue with. Sides of foot, a few points around the toebox too. Softer the leather the quicker the crease, no? 

Not I. My BT's and Bred's creased pretty easily, which I don't have an issue with. Sides of foot, a few points around the toebox too. Softer the leather the quicker the crease, no? 
I think the fact that the breds have that webbed leather on the toe box it would add to the minimum creasing. Every time you bend your foot, the toe box flexes with the soft leather and helps keep it from actually leaving a crease line. Horrible leather literally creases like a piece of paper after a few hours while webbed/soft leather can go pretty long without signs of wear on the toebox.

Take in note that this does not include the black toe cap part. Im only speaking of the red toe box.

that's like $10 above retail

where'd you find a price that good (if you don't mind sharing)?

Decided to paint the tongues from the Yin Yang swap.  I couldn't find a donor pair with black labels that I was willing to pay for.

Not the best, but these will do until I find the proper labels.

Just wanted to share

View media item 2328361

View media item 2328362

Tempted to get another pair just to do this. [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] nice work

Back
Top Bottom