Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Storm Blue" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I use Lexol Leather Conditioner.

You can get it at Walmart or Target. Also Auto part stores.

This product is recommended by Rolls Royce & Audi for their leather seats.
It's great because it leaves no film and absorbs totally into the leather.

Let's hope it works for my true blue 3s, Great color shoe in my opinion, but I would give anything to have that plush leather

Let's hope it works for my true blue 3s, Great color shoe in my opinion, but I would give anything to have that plush leather

Have used the product for over 10 years on all my leather kicks.

They make both a leather cleaner & leather conditioner.

I suggest getting them both, great product.

Last edited:
Have used the product for over 10 years on all my leather kicks.

They make both a leather cleaner & leather conditioner.

I suggest getting them both, great product.

I'm gonna get a bottle tomorrow, this will be a good Youtube video, wonder why nobody's made it before, I should make a video shouldn't I?

Sounds like you want to.

I do. But then I have a thing where if I don't continue something it'll get to my head, so I probably will never do it anyways

Side note:
Don't use olive oil on the leather, did it on my TB3s and All I got was really slippery leather for about a week until the oil dried out

Last edited:
Storms are one of those shoes people will be regretting not getting when stocks have dried up.
I agree completely. I wore mine yesterday and couldn't stop lookin at myself with every reflection. Such a clean shoe. And with that City Blue price, I got away with murder.

I do. But then I have a thing where if I don't continue something it'll get to my head, so I probably will never do it anyways

Side note:
Don't use olive oil on the leather, did it on my TB3s and All I got was really slippery leather for about a week until the oil dried out
never heard of using olive oil on leather, but I have heard of using coconut oil. wonder if that would work on jordans the same way it would on leather boots?

I dont know if this matters, but i used to always use mink oil on my baseball gloves to break em in

never heard of using olive oil on leather, but I have heard of using coconut oil. wonder if that would work on jordans the same way it would on leather boots?

Real cow/lamb leather is like human skin and it needs to have the moisture reintroduced to it.

My wife has a collection of very expensive leather handbags with some worth big bucks, I can confirm she has used olive oil on them in a pinch such as when she's been
on a cruise. I've also used it on my leather Jordan's once or twice with good results.

The key to using it is to use Extra Virgin oil and to apply it in very light, even coats and allow it to soak in and evenly distribute throughout the leather before you consider another coat. It takes several hours, possibly up to a day to dry. Unless it's rubbed in very well it will leave a film. What's nice about olive oil is that it does not darken the leather. One or two coats will usually do the job. The downside it that it's a lot of work. I prefer using a leather conditioner, it absorbs very well and the wait time to absorb into the leather is substantially less.

Wow, I never heard anyone using coconut oil, that's a new one to me.

Last edited:
Haven't even considered using any type of leather treatment on my 1's. On my red wings, yes... but maybe I should reconsider.

Haven't even considered using any type of leather treatment on my 1's. On my red wings, yes... but maybe I should reconsider.

At least treat them when they are new to reintroduce the moisture back into the leather.

The manufacturing process removes some of the moisture present in the leather so it's important if you want the leather to remain
pliable and crack resistant.

At least treat them when they are new to reintroduce the moisture back into the leather.

The manufacturing process removes some of the moisture present in the leather so it's important if you want the leather to remain
pliable and crack resistant.
Thanks for the info. Going to grab some of the Lexol. Got a leather couch to treat condition anyway.

I'd be curious to see some of your worn shoes that have been treated.

Thanks for the info. Going to grab some of the Lexol. Got a leather couch to treat condition anyway.

I'd be curious to see some of your worn shoes that have been treated.

Sure when I get home from work tonight.

Works great on couch's too!

Last edited:
Real cow/lamb leather is like human skin and it needs to have the moisture reintroduced to it.

My wife has a collection of very expensive leather handbags with some worth big bucks, I can confirm she has used olive oil on them in a pinch such as when she's been
on a cruise. I've also used it on my leather Jordan's once or twice with good results.

The key to using it is to use Extra Virgin oil and to apply it in very light, even coats and allow it to soak in and evenly distribute throughout the leather before you consider another coat. It takes several hours, possibly up to a day to dry. Unless it's rubbed in very well it will leave a film. What's nice about olive oil is that it does not darken the leather. One or two coats will usually do the job. The downside it that it's a lot of work. I prefer using a leather conditioner, it absorbs very well and the wait time to absorb into the leather is substantially less.

Wow, I never heard anyone using coconut oil, that's a new one to me.
Intresting about the EV olive oil. Yeah that's the main concern about conditioners is worrying about the lather darkening. 
I dont know if this matters, but i used to always use mink oil on my baseball gloves to break em in
Yeah I've heard of people using the baseball glove oil.

Just a word of caution to everyone I would be hesitant to put any conditioner on Sbb or Black/Red type leather, at least on the orange/red parts. That leather seems like it would absorb moister and possibly darken unlike the smooth leather on other 1s. I don't know if anyone has tried it but just judging it from what the leather look like. 

Just a word of caution to everyone I would be hesitant to put any conditioner on Sbb or Black/Red type leather, at least on the orange/red parts. That leather seems like it would absorb moister and possibly darken unlike the smooth leather on other 1s. I don't know if anyone has tried it but just judging it from what the leather look like. 
I used leather wipes from Meguire for auto upholstery to clean my Banned's and there was no darkening of the leather.

Don't know if anybody cares or not, Shoemetro.com is having a sale on shoes, NIKE50 = 50% off on any Nike shoe
Jordan 1s are $80 and all I see are the DLs and CM 3s
Are $80 I think also. Have not idea I just know they are having 50% off on Nike shoes...
EAT MY PEOPLE

Now after getting that out of the way,
I've bought Lexol at my local Walmart and after trying to figure out how to spray it out of the bottle I figured that I'll compare them to meguiars.
Left Lexol, Right meguiars
View media item 2302338

Last edited:
I used leather wipes from Meguire for auto upholstery to clean my Banned's and there was no darkening of the leather.
Thanks for the info. I'm surprised, I thought there would have been or at lest some color bleeding. 

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised, I thought there would have been or at lest some color bleeding. 
There was a pinkish tint to the cloth when I was done but nothing major. The cloths aren't very wet at all, def not enough to saturate the leather and they also contain a conditioner.

Back
Top Bottom