Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Yes, the twenty twelve on the tongue had people seeing if their pairs were legit. The usual JB thread back and forths went on and on yadda yadda yadda...

I just noticed in this picture that there is perforated leather on the toe box in front of the netting.  Anyone know why they took this entire section of the shoe out?  Was this a prototype?  I looked through a few OG and 1999 pair pictures and didn't see evidence of this perforated section

Wish they released perforated like that honestly

Something just hit me. After examining the 2016 WC4's at HOH today, I kept thinking to myself that I've seen that type of material used on retros before. Then it dawned on me, it definitely was not on the 2012 WC4's, but I'm pretty sure they used the same/similar material that was used on the 2012 military blue 4's and fire red 4's. If anyone has either or both of those, go check them out. That's pretty much what the material on the 2016's feels like.

I've read people say it was like unc 1 leather and others say it's the same plastic-y feel of the 2012s. Guess I'll just have to hold in my own hands. My guess is it's like the softer panels from the maroon vi. Btw y'all thanks for explaining that twentytwelve on the side of the tongue, learn something new everyday :pimp:

Last edited:
I've read people say it was like unc 1 leather and others say it's the same plastic-y feel of the 2012s. Guess I'll just have to hold in my own hands. My guess is it's like the softer panels from the maroon vi. Btw y'all thanks for explaining that twentytwelve on the side of the tongue, learn something new everyday :pimp:

I held them in my hands today. They're definitely not plastic like the 2012 WC4's and they're definitely not as nice as the UNC 1's or the maroon 6's. I own all of those and they're not like any of them. The 2012 military blue 4's and 2012 fire red 4's had different material than the 2012 WC4's. The 2016 WC4's have similar material to the 2012 military blue and fired red 4's.

Even tho GR, most stores, if not all will have raffles. I'm guessing.

Shiekh is definitely doing waffles. FootLocker shops haven't received the e-mail from corporate yet. FCFS would be horrible on these. I am way too old for that camping out. I have enough shops around my way getting them that I am pretty sure I will be able to get at least one pair via raffle.

Okay I am a man of my word, While the shoes are posted are Legit, they are not a retail pair. My boy that sold them to me has never done me wrong in the past but he did lead on me with these by saying they were a retail pair and not a early production pair. Everything else about the shoes check out Box, Skinny "air" on insole, netting and leather. Stitching was not very good but I can pull out 4-5 pair of store bought Jordan that have issues with stitching and I know everyone else can as well. But I honestly was trying to show everybody a early picture of the shoes. It was not for a Legit Check because I would have used the correct forum for that and I honestly thought that they were a retail pair. So I was just trying to help out the Nike Talk community. So keep flame as you wish, but as I said I am a man of my words. For all that need it. I WAS WRONG.

P.S. I did get my money back $367

Early production, unauthorized, FAKE.....

Some people just like to complain or give a reason as to why they aren't getting them like they're trying to convince themselves.

I know for a fact the 99 retro and the command force pump retro do not have the same leather :lol:

The synthetic leather they used around that 90's/early 2000's was soft and flexible and creased

They wont use that now bevause it probably cost more and todays generation is so anal about creasing

They wont have that on these. It will probably be like the maroon 6 retro which was far from good but way better than the infrared and sport blue 6 retro which were toilet seat leather

If you kicked somebody in the stomach with the sport blue 6 your foot would go clean straight through that somebody

Last edited:
I'll definitely be looking for raffles. High volume stores occasionally do fcfs in my area but it's madness.. Doesn't really work for a major city.

I know for a fact the 99 retro and the command force pump retro do not have the same leather :lol:

The synthetic leather they used around that 90's/early 2000's was soft and flexible and creased

They wont use that now bevause it probably cost more and todays generation is so anal about creasing

They wont have that on these. It will probably be like the maroon 6 retro which was far from good but way better than the infrared and sport blue 6 retro which were toilet seat leather

If you kicked somebody in the stomach with the sport blue 6 your foot would go clean straight through that somebody

I held the 2016 WC4's in my hands today at House of Hoops. They're definitely not plastic like the 2012 WC4's. The 2012 military blue 4's and 2012 fire red 4's had different material than the 2012 WC4's. The 2016 WC4's have similar material to the 2012 military blue and fired red 4's. They're nothing like the 6's from 2014, but they're also not like the maroon 6's from last year either. If you have the 2012 military blue 4's or fire red 4's, check them out, because that's pretty much what you're getting with the 2016's.

Last edited:
Thats wearable synthetic leather

Maybe nike accidentally bought a bunch of toilet seats that year and decide to use them on those 6 retros and the black tongue v

Last edited:
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last 'major' Jordan releases in my Foot Locker area, have been raffles. The FCFS kicks have been crappy Jordan ones, like 5 low that came out today and crappy-colored recent Jordan 2 release.

They had a raffle for Alternate '89 IV's, which was wasn't needed. LOL
what about maroons 

The whole comparing this version to the previous release and/or OGs is just a silly thing to discuss. If you actually have the OGs they've aged to the point where they're virtually unwearable. So you're comparing a 27 year old shoe to one that was just produced in the past year.

Then we need to get into the whole materials argument like materials don't change over time, or become unavailable, or suppliers of materials to Nike don't change or go out of business over time....

Then we get into the whole molds of the shoe argument, Nike uses multiple molds over a release, let alone rereleases. Molds wear out during production and have variance and over time are out of tolerance.....

Then we get into stitching.....when you have different sewers assembling a shoe you have variance because no two sewers, sew the same.....

I may have missed a few other long standing debates from posters who know nothing about producing anything let alone a shoe or garment. It must just feel good for people to complain???

People need to realize this is the best Nike is willing to produce at this time. The sneaker costs a maximum of $30 landed in the US to produce. The $220 retail price is because they CAN charge it and get it. Like any business they want to make the most money they can........

Probably better for those who don't like the shoe to spend their dys building a time machine :tongue:

View media item 1891120

THIS [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom