Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Still in and not complaining about little things. I'd honestly take any WC4 from jb & be happy. These are my favorite fours.

I honestly don't care about a shoe from 1999 (i was 3-4) that a good amount of them are unwearable or you have to worry about your sole falling out on you. Bring these babies on!

Majority of the people don´t have the OGs. Majority of people don´t have the 16s yet. Why are we already complaining about the leather ?

I'm struggling whether to pay pre-order for $280 (that's about $32 over what I'd pay in CA if I end up paying for shipping).  I don't like supporting resellers, but I also don't like the headache, and possibly not getting these.  It's the only shoe I absolutely need to have, and that price isn't astronomically absurd.  I also have a FNL $20WC coupon, so that would make it $42 more than I would otherwise pay if I get thru on FNL.

I know this is a personal decision...just thinking out loud ;-).  Hmm....

I'm struggling whether to pay pre-order for $280 (that's about $32 over what I'd pay in CA if I end up paying for shipping).  I don't like supporting resellers, but I also don't like the headache, and possibly not getting these.  It's the only shoe I absolutely need to have, and that price isn't astronomically absurd.  I also have a FNL $20WC coupon, so that would make it $42 more than I would otherwise pay if I get thru on FNL.

While you're thinking out loud what's the pre-order site?

Even if they're Nike air 4s the way Jordan's have been selling take your chances on retail or less.

While you're thinking out loud what's the pre-order site?
http://fadesskicks.storenvy.com/products/15052350-white-cement-air-jordan-retro-4-89-308496-104

i preordered 2 pairs from there. they are 265 and after ship is $280. hes a user on here and ive dealt with him numerous times. no issues. give him a try if youd like.

Even if they're Nike air 4s the way Jordan's have been selling take your chances on retail or less.
Thanks for the thoughts.  How would it be less?  It would have to hit outlets?  Or a reseller stuck with them?

Then don't buy them and stop whining. It's pretty simple. What do you accomplish by complaining? They have been "remastering" sneakers for a year. You're still crying? Have the molds changed? So why are you still complaining?

Did they make a promise to you? They're sneakers. Not food or water or air.

Then you have to mention a pointless and stupid argument?

There's thousands of topics on NT, find a sneaker and brand you're interested in. That's what I don't understand. People who continuously come in topics to complain when instead they can move in to a topic they like. I don't like the Lebron XII, am I going to keep complaining in the topic about how I don't like it? No. See, that's what adults do. Grow up.

btw, did you even have OG's? Do you have 99's? If not, what the hell are you complaining about.

You keep asking why people complain and people keep telling you why over and over. Because complaining has a greater chance of affecting change than saying nothing. If everyone was like you and never complained, we'd still be getting cardboard leather from 2013/2014.

Even if someone wasn't concerned about change, this is a forum for discussion that can and should include positive and negative opinions. Don't like it? Take your own advice and move on.

A better question, can you name a single benefit to not complaining? Other than creating the sneaker forum utopia you crave where no one ever complains?

Okay, let me start by saying, I've had a long history with this shoe.  It's one of my favorites of all time.  I owned and played high school ball in the OG's, I own DS 1999 retros that I purchased at Foot Locker in 1999 and I have the 2012's also (which were a major, major disappointment, to say the least).  I wanted the 2016's badly when we first heard the rumors about them releasing.  It was a no-brainer to me.  But after seeing "leaked" pics over the last few months, I began to doubt their quality.  Then after seeing pics and vids more recently, I began to wonder if I wanted them at all.

So, I say all this, because I had a chance to see them in person today.  The manager at my local House of Hoops let me check out a pair.  I spent a good 5 minutes with them and my verdict is this...

Is the material better than the 2012's?  Yes.  I was one of those who thought the material looked the same as the 2012's, but it is not.  The good news is, it is better, but don't get all excited, because there is still a cheap feeling to the material.  It's not hard plastic like the 2012's were, but it still feels kind of cheap.

Plus, the shape is identical to the 2012's, so that's not great.  So, they have failed at making them "as close to the OG's as possible" in that sense.  The shade of grey is good, the Nike Air looks nice and the speckles are better than the 2012's also.

At the end of the day, I went there thinking I would have a definitive decision either way, but after seeing them up close and personal, I'm still not sure I want them.  Up here in Canada, the retail is almost $340 after tax and they are definitely not worth that amount of money.  If I lived in the U.S. and could get them for $220, I probably would, but my honest opinion is, this there is no justification for raising the price on these.  There is nothing about the quality of this release that justifies a $60 price increase from the 2012 release.  Yes, the material slightly better, but definitely not $60 better.

Just my 2 cents.
How is the leather on these compared to the 2011 WC Jordan III. I know its not tumble leather like the IIIs but is it just as soft? TIA

How is the leather on these compared to the 2011 WC Jordan III. I know its not tumble leather like the IIIs but is it just as soft? TIA

I don't own the 2011 WC3's. I passed because I thought the material was horrible on those, plus I already own 1994 WC3's and 3 pairs of 2003 retro WC3's. Having said that, the material on the 2016 WC4's is better than the 2011 WC3's, IMO.

No longer here for the debates nor folks deleting my comments in response to stupid immature comments. Just posting pics and lurking from here on

You keep asking why people complain and people keep telling you why over and over. Because complaining has a greater chance of affecting change than saying nothing. If everyone was like you and never complained, we'd still be getting cardboard leather from 2013/2014.

Even if someone wasn't concerned about change, this is a forum for discussion that can and should include positive and negative opinions. Don't like it? Take your own advice and move on.

A better question, can you name a single benefit to not complaining? Other than creating the sneaker forum utopia you crave where no one ever complains?
Actually, money talks. The greatest chance of affecting change is not buying. These guys that constantly complain, but cop anyways that's funny to me.

If everyone was like you and never complained, we'd still be getting cardboard leather from 2013/2014.

You do realize the reason we got the cardboard leather in the first place was because of complaints about creasing?

Back
Top Bottom