Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

To each their own, however, I'm curious why people want to double up?  Unless you have a small collection (like 3 or 4 shoes), it's going to take years before you wear out one pair.  By then it will have re-released, or the second pair you have will be too old to wear and will crumble.  Doesn't it stress you out to know these beautiful shoes will just rot away?  Given the volume re-sale won't be worth anything.  Jordan from Shoezeum was so smart to sell his collection when he started seeing so many re-releases, and the age of his shoes getting on the border of being unwearable.  Anyway, please don't take offense...I'm just interested in people's thoughts.  This is my one and only grail, so I get the passion for it for sure!
i doubleup on alotta predom white kicks. white kicks are so hard to keep clean sometimes. and ish happens in life so with white, i double if i like em enough. and i love these.
happy.gif

pwguy pwguy because any Jordan's 3-6 re-releasing with the "Nike Air" branding and close to the originals in cw are the all time classics, especially when most of the buyers are OG collectors, like myself...this the need to want to double up.

Plus, all white to mostly all white shoes dirty quickly.

Last edited:

where are you at? 
"I'm in start BS ville"

lol.

My local FTL, and FA NEVER get any retros and they each have multiple FSR's.

The dude flat out laughed when I asked for a size 14.

"That size in this shoe will be here til May, minimum"

Last edited:

i doubleup on alotta predom white kicks. white kicks are so hard to keep clean sometimes. and ish happens in life so with white, i double if i like em enough. and i love these.
happy.gif
True that!  So rotating your double up so they remain wearable for as long as possible might work.

@PWGuybecause any Jordan's 3-6 re-releasing with the "Nike Air" branding and close to the originals in cw are the all time classics, especially when most of the buyers are OG collectors, like myself.
I had these in '89 so appreciate the "OG-ness" of them.  Would just hate to see them crumble away.  I guess the next release they can make the air bubble colorless (i.e. that off-white OG color); doing all the other OG details except for that was lame...heh.

And don't get me wrong...I'm very tempted b/c it was my first Jordan and First Nike with visible air back in '89.  Then the practicality of whether I'll actually get to wear them sets in.... Thinking I will substitute a double up with the Dunk From Above b/c 4s are my favorite silhouette, and while I love the OG colorways, I also appreciate some of the Retro+ colorways...we'll see...

Last edited:

To each their own, however, I'm curious why people want to double up?  Unless you have a small collection (like 3 or 4 shoes), it's going to take years before you wear out one pair.  By then it will have re-released, or the second pair you have will be too old to wear and will crumble.  Doesn't it stress you out to know these beautiful shoes will just rot away?  Given the volume re-sale won't be worth anything.  Jordan from Shoezeum was so smart to sell his collection when he started seeing so many re-releases, and the age of his shoes getting on the border of being unwearable.  Anyway, please don't take offense...I'm just interested in people's thoughts.  This is my one and only grail, so I get the passion for it for sure!
I've never doubled up on a pair of kicks, but I would think sometimes people get them as a trade chip for the future. 

If they crumble they crumble..."Ivan Drago voice" lol

When I get two pairs, means I really like the colorway. One to rock and one on ice IF anything happens to the first pair.

Own the 2012 pair, still on ice. But these OG ones here will be on foot during the summer.

I should clarify the window photo.....

I live in LA, not Wyoming or North Dakota. My girl went to Arizona for a week to visit Family. She knows this is my favorite all time shoe and she wanted to pick up a pair for me at the Footlocker across the street from her home for V-day. She said the footlocker was giving out RSVP tickets today (Not raffle) and people were standing in line a couple hours before opening. Those who received tickets today just come back on Saturday to redeem & purchase. She was the 14th person in line and got a ticket for the last size left which was a 8.5

Now me myself, I did a tour at the mall and collected 4 raffle tickets. The guy at Footaction ( In Los Angles now) said they were only getting 1 or 2 pairs per size. I was a bit surprised to say the least as I thought these would be at Marron 6, Aqua 8 production numbers. Maybe they're backdooring, maybe all the employees getting 1 or 2 for themselves, I don't know. This is just what the guy told me. I guess we'll all find out on Saturday but I'm still willing to bet these will not sit. The Jordan 4 with Nike Air on the back is about as good as it gets. I owned the originals back in '89 and have loved them ever since. Minimum 2 pairs if I can get em

I should clarify the window photo.....

I live in LA, not Wyoming or North Dakota. My girl went to Arizona for a week to visit Family. She knows this is my favorite all time shoe and she wanted to pick up a pair for me at the Footlocker across the street from her home for V-day. She said the footlocker was giving out RSVP tickets today (Not raffle) and people were standing in line a couple hours before opening. Those who received tickets today just come back on Saturday to redeem & purchase. She was the 14th person in line and got a ticket for the last size left which was a 8.5

Now me myself, I did a tour at the mall and collected 4 raffle tickets. The guy at Footaction ( In Los Angles now) said they were only getting 1 or 2 pairs per size. I was a bit surprised to say the least as I thought these would be at Marron 6, Aqua 8 production numbers. Maybe they're backdooring, maybe all the employees getting 1 or 2 for themselves, I don't know. This is just what the guy told me. I guess we'll all find out on Saturday but I'm still willing to bet these will not sit. The Jordan 4 with Nike Air on the back is about as good as it gets. I owned the originals back in '89 and have loved them ever since. Minimum 2 pairs if I can get em
Which part of LA was this at?

Trying to get 3 pairs 
nerd.gif
. A pair to wear for each year for the next three years. I used to have the '99 retros back in '06 that crumbled and I had to end up selling them. Favorite sneaker of all time, haven't bought any Jordans/Nikes since 2009.

Anyone know how these fit? In comparison to converses/vans/stan smiths??

Trying to get 3 pairs 
nerd.gif
. A pair to wear for each year for the next three years. I used to have the '99 retros back in '06 that crumbled and I had to end up selling them. Favorite sneaker of all time, haven't bought any Jordans/Nikes since 2009.

I'm a size 11 (.5 down) in stans...and I got 11.5 (tts) in my WC 4s

Trying to get 3 pairs 
nerd.gif

My TTS in most shoes is a 12, I've noticed I can fit into a size 11 in wider Jordans like the Maroon 6s.

In relation to the 4s, I was able to fit into a size 11.5 (down 1/2 a size for me) in Green Glow 4s UNTIL I added an aftermarket Spenco's insole for my flat arches.........which made my Green Glow 4s now basically a trophy item alongside my other sneakers since I couldn't bare the damn squeeze on my toes that the .5 size smaller shoes were doing to me.

Basically go TTs at minimum, never go down UNLESS you got some skinny *** feet.

1 for 9 so far. Just got my first call rom my local HOH. One more, and my work is done.

Also, these are not labeled QS, so MILITARY Discount is a go!!!

Word I live near there....did u try the HOH at the same mall?

I know that some of the shoe stores in that mall there share the allocations. I think Champs got the most compared to FTL, Finishline, or Footaction.
I went there first but didn't ask how many they were getting. The guy at Footaction just told me they were getting 1 or 2 pairs per size, as in don't get your hopes up buddy. I went at 2pm yesterday for raffle tickets and there was a bunch of teens in line at each spot.

I know FA, FL & Champs are all part of the same company so it makes sense to probably distribute evenly to all stores instead of just the HoH getting them and little to none for the others. Then after the employees of each store take care of themselves and their homies you're left with 1 or 2 pairs per size haha

Back
Top Bottom