Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

These are a steal at 220... Honest to god. $30 more to get the shoe in its original brandind form that's probably never going to happen again? Yall really that cheap? Sneakerheads kill me. It's an expensive hobby.

These are a steal at 220... Honest to god. $30 more to get the shoe in its original brandind form that's probably never going to happen again? Yall really that cheap? Sneakerheads kill me. It's an expensive hobby.
its a steal but come on! Yeah you'd have to pay $500 for a 99 or '89 pair but that's because they're over 10 years old. That's what's wrong with snrakerheads. Paying $200-500 for a sneaker is just wild. It's not like these shoes should be so expensive anyway

Last edited:
its a steal but come on! Yeah you'd have to pay $500 for a 99 or '89 pair but that's because they're over 10 years old. That's what's wrong with snrakerheads. Paying $200-500 for a sneaker is just wild. It's not like these shoes should be so expensive anyway

I learned my lesson along time ago buying a 10-year-old sneakers and trying to wear them. I bought a pair of 2000 black infrared sixes I wore them for about 20 minutes and then immediately cracked. I was heartbroken legit. My girl was laughing at me for spending 700 on em. I went to get em soleswapped and then the toebox started cracking. I just gave up. I can't wait til they drop em with the NA in a couple years

These are a steal at 220... Honest to god. $30 more to get the shoe in its original branded form that's probably never going to happen again? Yall really that cheap? Sneakerheads kill me. It's an expensive hobby.

:lol: @ Thinking this will never happen again, and someone being cheap for looking at $220 before tax with the side-eye.

There should be a funeral held for the word "steal", because it hardly ever gets used properly anymore.

These are a steal at 220... Honest to god. $30 more to get the shoe in its original brandind form 
Yeah, a "steal". But watch these come back out in 3-6 years for an additional $40 and the resell value for these is proportional to the 2012s in your example (an extra $30),. Is it still a "steal" because it's cheaper than your alternative? You gotta remember, these came out just 3 years ago for $160 (or $170 I forget). You telling me an extra $60 on top because they swapped the Jordan logos for Nike Air logos is a steal? This is exactly what I explained in my last post. They get you buy in and agree to these price hikes little by little because in the short term it seems like an extra $10-$20 but in the long run it adds up and clearly it's added up over the last three years and people are still eating it up because Nike has one the top marketing teams in the WORLD.
 that's probably never going to happen again?
Don't believe that.

They'll do it again and again if it keeps you coming back.

IV's used to be one of the cheapest Jordans, Mars & Military's were $115 now GR's are $190. Can't even blame Jordan brand on this, sneakerheads and their lack of self control are driving these price hikes. The willingness to pay double, sometimes triple retail told JB everything they need to know about how thirsty people are.

They'll being Breds and Royals back in 2 years with $250 price, and people will happily cop because it beats going to resellers.

Yeah, a "steal". But watch these come back out in 3-6 years for an additional $40 and the resell value for these is proportional to the 2012s in your example (an extra $30),. Is it still a "steal" because it's cheaper than your alternative? You gotta remember, these came out just 3 years ago for $160 (or $170 I forget). You telling me an extra $60 on top because they swapped the Jordan logos for Nike Air logos is a steal? This is exactly what I explained in my last post. They get you buy in and agree to these price hikes little by little because in the short term it seems like an extra $10-$20 but in the long run it adds up and clearly it's added up over the last three years and people are still eating it up because Nike has one the top marketing teams in the WORLD.

Don't believe that.

220 is my only option if I want Nike air on the back...
I highly doubt the price will turn anybody off if they do these proper. I used to do the whole buy 2 or 3 pairs a month thing when I was growing up l, but that's when you realize they got you by the balls... Spending 220 on a pair I'm going to run into the ground and cherish isn't so bad for me. Mind you I cut it down to about 5 pairs of shoes a year. So far I'm at 750 boosts and the 95 neons that come out next week, looking forward to maroon 6s too

220 is my only option if I want Nike air on the back...
I highly doubt the price will turn anybody off if they do these proper. I used to do the whole buy 2 or 3 pairs a month thing when I was growing up l, but that's when you realize they got you by the balls... Spending 220 on a pair I'm going to run into the ground and cherish isn't so bad for me. Mind you I cut it down to about 5 pairs of shoes a year. So far I'm at 750 boosts and the 95 neons that come out next week, looking forward to maroon 6s too
Understandable when you look at it long term. Makes me want to justify it because I do want these.

Just can't wrap my head around it because once you consent to it once you're opening yourself up for rationalizing the next purchase and the next price hike. Gotta make a stand somewhere.

You're better off just getting off the bus at the nearest stop when it comes to Jordan retros at this point. They're capitalizing off the peak of the sneaker frenzy that's been blasting off the last few years and rightfully so. They should.

But from an individual's standpoint, it just doesn't make sense to keep up with this anymore. Every time you agree to go along with these price hikes, you're digging yourself deeper. Because then it's, "just an extra $10...extra $20...extra $30, no big deal" when if you step back you realize they've been nickel and dining you a little bit at a time until you're paying $100 over what retail used to be and then you wonder where all your money went.

I'll fall back, watch from afar and put that money into things that actually warrant paying the price for like traveling, bills, investments, etc. until JB jumps the shark and interest cools down and prices fall. And if they don't...that's fine too. More to the sneakers than just J's.
Hell yeah repped sir! When I first started copping kicks in 2011 it was $150, know it is $220?!?! I'm sorry but I cannot give in to this. How prices are gonna inflate so much in a short period. I remember when AJ3 Fire Reds were $125 when I was in 7th grade and the military blues sitting for $115 around the same time. I also remember my first pair of Js (which were the 2005 Steel 10s) cost $125 and how it is gonna cost almost $100 that?!?!? Are you kidding me? Those kicks had better quality. I'm honestly gonna keep on rocking my 2012s. They can keep it for $220. Hopefully this demand cools down and we can get some more reasonable prices. Kicks have been skyrocketing since the concord release. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
And it's gonna die down. Eventually it will fall off to an extent. I truly believe that. When it will happen, I don't know, but the bubble WILL burst. If I ever see the day $300 retro 4s are selling out online in minutes I'll just quit. All hope will be lost.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone's going to get scared off by $220 for white cements with NA

True. Wishful thinking on my part, but I've heard enough people here complain about the expected $220 retail price and saying "it's too much/I will pass" and the like.

Make no mistake I'm as guilty of the next man for contributing to all of this.

And to be honest, 80% of us will strike out of these regardless of price. How many people here got the 88's for retail?

And to be honest, 80% of us will strike out of these regardless of price. How many people here got the 88's for retail?

I got 2 pairs of 88s. 1 was pure luck. (Manual, attacking the ATC button.) And the other pair was the fnl backdoor. I have no faith in this release whatsoever. With all the bots and NDC being sketchy...

*raises hand*

I got 2 pairs of 88s. 1 was pure luck. (Manual, attacking the ATC button.) And the other pair was the fnl backdoor. I have no faith in this release whatsoever. With all the bots and NDC being sketchy...
What's the FNL backdoor?  Unpublished early link?  Manager connect?  Do tell!

You should hook up all members that were the first too post on the first page with the 2016 Backdoor.

I'm probably only getting 2 shoes from now til these drop, so my wallet will be ready. Strike out or not.

I'm probably only getting 2 shoes from now til these drop, so my wallet will be ready. Strike out or not.
I'm waiting on the Air Jordan 1 Retro X Slam Dunk release information, if these come out after that then I have to skip these (wish JB will hurry and announce that these are coming out). 

3 hours of trying on Eastbay, I was not going to be denied! LOL!

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone's going to get scared off by $220 for white cements with NA

True. Wishful thinking on my part, but I've heard enough people here complain about the expected $220 retail price and saying "it's too much/I will pass" and the like.

Plenty of people said the same thing when the III 88 Cements priced surfaced. Yet there they were on release date with everyone else.

am I the only one that wants these & not the holiday 11s? 

these will be my holiday 11s 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom