Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I'm curious. How long before these start yellowing? I ask because I was able to cop 3 pairs.
But then I started thinking. What if by the time I got around to wearing the 3rd pair or even the 2nd pair. Would the soles and mesh be yellow by then?
I would assume if u keep them away from a heater they shouldn't start yellowing for years and years. Just my opinion tho

I'm curious. How long before these start yellowing? I ask because I was able to cop 3 pairs.

But then I started thinking. What if by the time I got around to wearing the 3rd pair or even the 2nd pair. Would the soles and mesh be yellow by then?
The midsole is painted so it won't yellow overtime, the paint will just stress crack like mine after wearing for a week lol!

Unless you mean yellowing from dirt and mud, then just keep cleaning the kicks regularly.

The mesh will only yellow if it's constantly under the sun or a bright lamp. Keep them in the box deadstock then it won't yellow.

Last edited:
The midsole is painted so it won't yellow overtime, the paint will just stress crack like mine after wearing for a week lol!

Unless you mean yellowing from dirt and mud, then just keep cleaning the kicks regularly.

The mesh will only yellow if it's constantly under the sun or a bright lamp. Keep them in the box deadstock then it won't yellow.
The outsole yellows up to, which doesn't really matter. RIT destroyes mesh yellowing anyways.

I would assume if u keep them away from a heater they shouldn't start yellowing for years and years. Just my opinion tho
never really thought about this but could steam from the bathroom yellow my soles? is it moisture, heat, or is it sunlight that does it?

I live in a smallish apartment and our closet, which is where I keep my shoes, is connected to the bathroom. sometimes we leave the closet door open so I'm sure some steam gets up in there when we shower. something to worry about or probably nothing?

haven't noticed anything so far for what it's worth

never really thought about this but could steam from the bathroom yellow my soles? is it moisture, heat, or is it sunlight that does it?

I live in a smallish apartment and our closet, which is where I keep my shoes, is connected to the bathroom. sometimes we leave the closet door open so I'm sure some steam gets up in there when we shower. something to worry about or probably nothing?

haven't noticed anything so far for what it's worth

i wouldnt keep my shoes there if i were you.

never really thought about this but could steam from the bathroom yellow my soles? is it moisture, heat, or is it sunlight that does it?...
It may not cause yellowing, specifically, but all three of those elements contribute to material degradation.
That’s right, the two things that make human life possible—water and air—are killing our shoes. Their role in degrading polyurethane can be attributed to the chemical processes of hydrolysis (in the presence of moisture) and oxidation (in the presence of oxygen). Simply put, the humidity in the air, and, yes, even the air itself, seeps into the PU and, slowly but surely, breaks it into itty-bitty sticky pieces. Delve deeper into the subject, and the news only gets worse. Bottom line: Pricy collectables shouldn’t be made out of PU.

“Both mechanisms—hydrolysis and oxidation—are accelerated in foam polyurethane,” says Northwestern chemistry professor SonBinh T. Nguyen. “Both of these mechanisms are also accelerated at higher temperatures, and oxidation is further accelerated by light. Mold growth is another degradation mechanism. This is a fairly common phenomenon.”

The struggle to find a size 15 for retail :smh:

When'd you become a 15?

:lol: my brother is not me.

Had a pair from Champs on RD, had them shipped to the local mall for in-store pickup and I think an employee swiped them so I got refunded.

Got another pair on the EB phone order a few days later only to have it cancelled two days after.

He doesn't even purchase Js like that anymore but these are a must for him so I'm trying to my best to secure a pair at retail opposed to the $320 shipped.

Last edited:
The struggle to find a size 15 for retail :smh:

When'd you become a 15?

:lol: my brother is not me.

Had a pair from Champs on RD, had them shipped to the local mall for in-store pickup and I think an employee swiped them so I got refunded.

Got another pair on the EB phone order a few days later only to have it cancelled two days after.

He doesn't even purchase Js like that anymore but these are a must for him so I'm trying to my best to secure a pair at retail opposed to the $320 shipped.

that big foot struggle... may the prayers be with him sir :pimp:

that big foot struggle... may the prayers be with him sir
pimp.gif
+1

yep, size 14 here.

the struggle is very real

Just locked up a 2nd pair for $240. All it took was some negotiating with a dude on eBay.

im gonna miss the ebay side hustles... they are not skimming emails and sending warnings for settling via paypal :smh:

Go to Ross, god forgives you.
And wear those old man pick up game at the YMCA generics ? Nah I'm not struggling that bad :lol:
More like saving me from myself. I'd hate to imagine my closet if I wore a more common size :smh:
Yeah that too. I guess the bright side is not a lot of people are gunning for that size like with 10's and 11's.

Naw actually, Ross gets solid shoes especially in larger sizes.

Back
Top Bottom