Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Has anyone customized their pair to look like the DTRT pair from the movie? I remember seeing Frank Cooker with a crazy limited pair that JB did for this shoe. I need my pair to look just like that. Scuff and accessories included.

I need to get these ‘99 swapped already. Netting still good!

51467F7D-4073-443F-A4A1-7790D2DDB980.jpeg
4C4061D0-4B71-4128-A194-8911E116D6DD.jpeg

Sold my double up of these today... I've had these since maybe 2017, went to take one last look/goodbye and thought yeahhh all good I'm not going to miss them. Thought I'd always want to keep my second pair but when you look at the shape, the height of the upper and the shin-guard tongue, I'll be alright.....
IMG_4647.jpeg

Plus the inevitable netting going yellow, here's my pair I've worn out maybe 30+ times. Always took care of them and avoided rainy days etc. I think the lighting makes it look less yellow too.
IMG_4650.jpeg

Obviously I'll be back again when Jordan Brand reimagines these in a few years with all the above fixed but with pre-aged uppers or something nobody asked for :lol:
If you don't mind me asking how much did you get for them? I'm considering selling my DS pair and not quite sure what a fair price would be.

The toebox on my particular pair was cliff-like and bulbous, which made the creasing look horrible.

One of my main gripes I remember.
I fixed the toes on my IVs with the old iron (I know, it's over the top but it's quick and easy), but I still sold my two pairs of these. Mostly it was the quick yellowing that put me off of them, on top of the weird low cut and crap shape overall. I don't mind the yellowing on the V's clear mesh, but the yellow netting on IVs looks dingy to me. The only reason I even bought the fire red IV retro is because it was my first-ever pair of Jordans back in '89. If not for that, I would've skipped them just because their white netting will almost certainly sour, too. It'd be one thing if it took two or three years' worth of solid wear to do it, but my WCs changed color within maybe 30 light wears, tops. Seems like the minute the sun and outdoor air hit them, the process begins. Pretty strange, really.

IDK....There were plenty of 4s that came after these where the shape wasn't much better that people fiend for. And why the heck do people want the Black Cats but not these; that just blows my freak'n mind.

As per usual, the toe box shape did vary. Your pair above looks like little to no yellowing, which is awesome. I love my pair and couldn't imagine being without them. First pair of 4s (and Jordans for that matter) in '89. After a few of years (75% of that time in the rotation and not in the box) there is some yellowing, which is somewhat annoying, but not enough to not want to wear them. These will never be sold. Will definitely grab the next release for sure.

Black Cat 4’ s resale value always get mentioned for no reason :lol:

This shoe DS going for $600+ & 2019 BC $500+

People would feel better if they went for $800 ? :lol:

Black Cat 4’ s resale value always get mentioned for no reason :lol:

This shoe DS going for $600+ & 2019 BC $500+

People would feel better if they went for $800 ? :lol:

Nah...nothing to do with resale, just that people actually want those, but selling these b/c they don't like them. Ultimately to each their own. I just don't think the shape or materials is so bad compared to most other 4s. But I'm biased b/c I have history with this shoe....oh well.

IDK....There were plenty of 4s that came after these where the shape wasn't much better that people fiend for.

Agree. I'd point to slightly worse materials on these but the 4s to release after haven't been much better shape wise

I'm leaning towards keeping them for now. Maybe when WC3s release I will look at them differently

These were a really poor retro. They really need to put white durabuck on the next release. Seeing the wrinkles in the full grain leather throws off the whole look of the shoe to me.

Back
Top Bottom