Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

just saw Ron Johnson on A Different World wearing his Fire Red 4s with the plastic hang tag. do any of the OGs know if that was a thing back in the 80s? always looked/s tacky to me.

It's not like how it used to be.  People getting wild about some Aqua 8s on black friday or whatever.  The cements on the 3s, 4s beaten to death in the past 5-10 years.  It's just not the same anymore.  The new demand from the millenials and new generation has pushed a lot of buyers to the side.  Hype it all you want, the resell ain't moving like it use to.  Nike is blowing the bubble and even the resellers are feeling it.  Why?  Because it's simple math.  It goes back to supply and demand.  

These look good for those that want to get them, but in today's world, you have to pick and choose.  The retro market is obviously targeted to the selective crowd, but with Nike upping their MSRP, they are literally wiping out re-sellers.  It's a good thing for those that understand and for those that really want to buy.

I wouldn't get hell bent over them.
Good man, I hope no one likes retros anymore, that way I can just walk in a store around 2 pm and cop a pair of NA WC 4's. Would be heaven to me.

I dont understand why people are complaining about the $220 tag when they will be lucky to even get a pair.

Good man, I hope no one likes retros anymore, that way I can just walk in a store around 2 pm and cop a pair of NA WC 4's. Would be heaven to me.
Agreed my friend.  I remember seeing in the Aqua thread that one NT'r went into a shoe store and asked if they would have the Aquas, the girl at the counter said no but they would have the Grapes.  It shows that some people who work in shoe stores or collect/buy the shoes don't know the difference.

I dont understand why people are complaining about the $220 tag when they will be lucky to even get a pair.
that's the problem right there. That mindset.

Jordan Brand may soon come to realize that the opposite is true. They are lucky to get our money. They are lucky to have been getting our money for 30 years. I cannot wait until adidas, under armour or even just customers tiered of passing top dollar push JB put of the mainstream sneaker market.

I'm optimistic and I don't believe anything lasts forever, not even the hype around Jordan's. It a shame

I know these are probably GM's, but I'd rather them have this shape honestly....

The height is still ****** up as usual, but at least they don't have that god awful Chiquita toe box...

I know these are probably GM's, but I'd rather them have this shape honestly....
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
The height is still ****** up as usual, but at least they don't have that god awful Chiquita toe box...
Yeah I agree this is the best shots of them yet, but still a bit on the high side. Toebox so much better and color pretty accurate. Wish the tongue was a little thicker though.

Originally Posted by jc619er  ​
 ​
Yeah I agree this is the best shots of them yet, but still a bit on the high side. Toebox so much better and color pretty accurate. Wish the tongue was a little thicker though.​

I agree @jc619er, like I said those are more than likely GM's...
 ​
In the previous pics I posted, the tongue was extremely padded.
 ​
Anyways, here's some more pics of the 2016's I just found y'all...
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Like I said before, my biggest gripe about these are the height and shape...
 ​
The height of them throws the whole shoe off, the way the netting in the mid foot area is aligned.
 ​
Since the shoe doesn't have the slanted OG, and '99 shape...
 ​
The netting in the mid foot doesn't match up with the tongue, throwing the ENTIRE shoe off.
 ​
If they twisted the angle of the netting in the mid foot up slightly, it wouldn't look as bad.

Last edited:
You're criticizing fakes man. Wait until the NDC pics drop to judge. 

What we're seeing here are UA factory's attempts at what they've heard the updates will be. They're the same base shape because thats what they have to work with, they don't have the schematics for the new shape yet. I can't see Nike dropping these banana toes like this, its not in line with what we've been seeing when you consider the Aqua's, Bordeauxs, Chicagos, Maroons shapes. They brought it back to OG or very close to it. These should be no different.

^if you think "authentics" are gonna look different, then you're an idiot man.

Honestly,

If you have the 2012 retro and barely wear as is, no point in even picking these up. You ain't gonna wear them more.

Heck if you have 2012s in good condition no point in picking these up unless it's just your grail color way. Don't let that Nike air fool ya

Last edited:

Agreed my friend.  I remember seeing in the Aqua thread that one NT'r went into a shoe store and asked if they would have the Aquas, the girl at the counter said no but they would have the Grapes.  It shows that some people who work in shoe stores or collect/buy the shoes don't know the difference.
Exactly right.

Originally Posted by tonytobacco  

You're criticizing fakes man. Wait until the NDC pics drop to judge. 

What we're seeing here are UA factory's attempts at what they've heard the updates will be. They're the same base shape because thats what they have to work with, they don't have the schematics for the new shape yet. I can't see Nike dropping these banana toes like this, its not in line with what we've been seeing when you consider the Aqua's, Bordeauxs, Chicagos, Maroons shapes. They brought it back to OG or very close to it. These should be no different.
I know @tonytobacco, I know....

laugh.gif

I just can't wait man...

My LUST for these, the Black Cements, Fire Reds, and Military Blues is at MAXIMUM!!!

The Air Jordan IV is my ALL-TIME favorite Jordan model.

Honestly,

If you have the 2012 retro and barely wear as is, no point in even picking these up. You ain't gonna wear them more.

Heck if you have 2012s in good condition no point in picking these up unless it's just your grail color way. Don't let that Nike air fool ya

Last edited:
that's the problem right there. That mindset.

Jordan Brand may soon come to realize that the opposite is true. They are lucky to get our money. They are lucky to have been getting our money for 30 years. I cannot wait until adidas, under armour or even just customers tiered of passing top dollar push JB put of the mainstream sneaker market.

I'm optimistic and I don't believe anything lasts forever, not even the hype around Jordan's. It a shame

That's it, you have to have customers to have a successful business. If retros are pricing long time buyers out of the market there won't be "Nike Air" models sitting.. They will return to the previous quality to reduce the cost. Besides that, the new generation's interest will be lost once Js are not a hot commodity and every release is sitting in stores. The quality has always been sub par for the prices they charge. But with the cost scratching near rent or a car payment- people will become even more selective in their purchases. Corporate greed at it's finest..

Facts on facts. As I said before, people have been faithfully buying for years and the best way they can show appreciation is to jack up the price from $150 in 2012(which they said they increased the price to $150 to improve quality) to $220, and only fix the netting and "nike air" (Most pics of the new pair has been from the rear of the shoe) on these? Its a slap in the face to the consumers. It won't last, nothing does. You all(Maybe me too smh) will buy these up and maybe the next few Nike Air releases but I know something will give sooner or later and paying $250-$265 retail for NA Retros and XIs wont make any darn sense.

Please give me Fire Reds next with Nike Air! Thats all I want left after these and Maroon VIS. Please JB
I second this! Fire red IV's were the first Jordan I ever layed eyes on! They started everything Jordan for me! LOVE the red nike air against the black on the heel! Please fix the toebox if/when you retro these JB!

I'm seeing pre orders on these already. $100 over retail. Not too bad, I guess [emoji]128533[/emoji]

Honestly,

hell nah you smokin drugs....the 2012 leather is basically plastic 

Back
Top Bottom