Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

nerd.gif

Last edited:
I'm sure it's been pointed out already at some point in this thread (maybe even in the 20 pgs between when I copped and when I finished my breakfast), but according to the BLS inflation calculator $220 today is equal to $115 in '89. So, basically the same price for the same shoe 27 yrs later.

I It blend in with the hood tab, I'm it's camouflage :pimp: :lol:

giphy.gif

Glad a majority of us seemed to have flourished.

Mad at all y'all employee discount users/Swoosh account holders, though. Handing the cashier $235 for some Jordans felt repulsive :smh:

Yeah I'm always jealous of all the people paying below retail. Nothing us non-swoosh people can do. Still very happy. The resale on this a decade ago was crazy. Back then I couldn't afford $700 for a '99 DS pair at FC and now that I can I still wouldn't pay that much for a sneaker, so $240 is a bargain for this in a way. Taking inflation into account it's even less.

I just compared mine, the cements are a little bit better. Close though. More pucker on the fire red
If you compare the materials on these to anything NB, Diadora, Adidas or Filling Pieces release in the same price range, the materials are subpar.

Still glad I got them, though.

If you compare the materials on these to anything NB, Diadora, Adidas or Filling Pieces release in the same price range, the materials are subpar.

Still glad I got them, though.
not even in the same  price range...Compare them to $80 air force ones, and you can see whats going on.

Just picked my pair up from ***** Sporting Goods at the Glendale Galleria. They opened at 9, got there at 8. Not a soul in sight. Went back and chilled in my car for about 20 min, came back and there was a small line about 20 deep. They only had a few pairs of each size. 8 & 9 were the first to go. Got my 11.5 in which they only had 2 total.

View media item 1909769

Good Job Nike. So many pears available people are cancelling orders. No reason why anyone who wanted these shouldn't get them

Nike rep didn't know what he was talking about when it comes to canceling an order, and still getting to put one through afterwards. This might be a sign that it's time for me to grow up, sell all of my Jordans, and walk away from this obsession.

I grew up in Chitown, was 8 years old in MJ's rookie year. My old man didn't take me to church, he took me to the Chicago Stadium.

Today is a damn good day.

I'm sure it's been pointed out already at some point in this thread (maybe even in the 20 pgs between when I copped and when I finished my breakfast), but according to the BLS inflation calculator $220 today is equal to $115 in '89. So, basically the same price for the same shoe 27 yrs later.

Repped. People fail to grasp this concept. Jordans were never a cheap shoe. They were faithful to original MSRP a decade ago for most things which was awesome, but they're not really overcharging now. Minimum wage was $3.35 in '89, $9 or higher now. So really they are more affordable today than they were back then by about 10 hours. This is all before tax of course.

Back
Top Bottom