NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Just got shipping notification
Screenshot_20201031-222722.png

🤣 Yeah, as if Nike cares whatsoever.
Exactly. They have their heads so far up their own asses. They know every release that they want to sell out WILL sell out, even enormous GRs with **** quality. A normal company would at least TRY to get the good pairs out early, but Nike is so arrogant they don’t even care to do that. In fact, against all logic it seems as if the WORST pairs were selected for the shock drop here and for the FR 5. ****ing hilarious bro 😂

Exactly. They have their heads so far up their own asses. They know every release that they want to sell out WILL sell out, even enormous GRs with **** quality. A normal company would at least TRY to get the good pairs out early, but Nike is so arrogant they don’t even care to do that. In fact, against all logic it seems as if the WORST pairs were selected for the shock drop here and for the FR 5. ****ing hilarious bro 😂
They don’t care because the average consumer doesn’t care. Look at all of these comments in here defending the QC and saying people complain too much and “it’s leather it’ll crease anyway” or whatever. It’s like saying you’re ok with buying a “brand new” car for full price but it has 5,000 miles on it and a bunch of dents and scratches.

Nike is doing right by their shareholders and I can’t say I blame them. Probably saved a few million by forgoing QC all together.

They don’t care because the average consumer doesn’t care. It’s like saying you’re ok with buying a “brand new” car for full price but it has 5,000 miles on it and a bunch of dents and scratches.

Nike is doing right by their shareholders and I can’t say I blame them. Probably saved a few million by forgoing QC all together.
Couldn’t agree more. Defending the LACK of QC you mean? Lol The average consumer is pathetic. And the qc reflects that. Well said. Nike IS doing the right thing by their shareholders. Why spend money on QC when you have customers that say “I don’t care about quality. Just give me a pair and I’m good”

They don’t care because the average consumer doesn’t care. Look at all of these comments in here defending the QC and saying people complain too much and “it’s leather it’ll crease anyway” or whatever. It’s like saying you’re ok with buying a “brand new” car for full price but it has 5,000 miles on it and a bunch of dents and scratches.

That’s what happens when something gets mainstream. The quality tends to drop and since more people are fighting for the same product, people will justify getting inferior craftsmanship just to own a pair. I remember being able to hoop in Jordan’s for 2 years plus and wearing the grip on the bottom down to where I get no traction. I never had a problem with the shoe just falling apart at the seams. The last 3 pair of Jays I played in lasted 6 months tops, and that’s all on an indoor court (8’s, 13’s and 33s). The quality is trash these days and to your point it’s because Nike know they don’t have to try.

Couldn’t agree more. Defending the LACK of QC you mean? Lol The average consumer is pathetic. And the qc reflects that. Well said. Nike IS doing the right thing by their shareholders. Why spend money on QC when you have customers that say “I don’t care about quality. Just give me a pair and I’m good”
nike don't give two ****s once they got your money.

nike don't give two ****s once they got your money.
This is because it doesn’t hurt their bottom line. If people wore the pairs and then returned them as factory flaws they would lose a ton of money.

I had a friend in high school that would wear his sneakers for 4-6 months and then return them claiming they were factory flawed and they would reimburse him and he would then use the cash for the next hot drop, rinse and repeat. Not sure exactly how the policy works now, but it still seems doable:

You can bet that if a ton of people started to return their kicks they would have to look into the matter and improve the craftsmanship.

So far I'm seeing 50/50 of the people that are bashing this shoe. Is it because of the material they used or because you received some flawed pairs with wrinkly leather?

This shock drop has taught me that if I catch an L on RD I'll need to go to eBay so I can see the pair I'm getting; no way I'm going with SX. Just need a half decent toe box please.

Please, no more bashing the WCs.....the toe box on those is way better. Cut is off, and materials are no PSGs, but they look freak'n amaazin.

I heard the midsole material on these is closer to OG; are they in fact more comfortable? Maybe even open cell PU like the AM3s are rumored to be?

That’s what happens when something gets mainstream. The quality tends to drop and since more people are fighting for the same product, people will justify getting inferior craftsmanship just to own a pair. I remember being able to hoop in Jordan’s for 2 years plus and wearing the grip on the bottom down to where I get no traction. I never had a problem with the shoe just falling apart at the seams. The last 3 pair of Jays I played in lasted 6 months tops, and that’s all on an indoor court (8’s, 13’s and 33s). The quality is trash these days and to your point it’s because Nike know they don’t have to try.
I think this is more of a Jordan brand issue than it is a Nike issue
Because if people hooping in LeBrons, Kobe's, KDs, Kyries aren't having these quality issues then the culprit is Jordan brand
JB is under the Nike umbrella but most likely they are in control of their own QC

I think this is more of a Jordan brand issue than it is a Nike issue
Because if people hooping in LeBrons, Kobe's, KDs, Kyries aren't having these quality issues then the culprit is Jordan brand
JB is under the Nike umbrella but most likely they are in control of their own QC

Im not sure about this. I don’t remember the OG Zoom Kobe 1 having many QC issues back in 06 but when the protro 1 released, there were a ton of pairs that came with terrible looking wrinkles in the leather. Especially with the blackout and maize pairs.

Back
Top Bottom