NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I can second this!
20201104_161637.jpg

beluga-1-scaled-e1600088601405.jpg

So the thing that's bothering y'all is that instead of a clean slope, there's a small dip in the toe box? Genuinely asking, not trying to come off as patronizing

Does the ironing method hold up or is it something that you to keep doing over?
I've heard it holds up, especially if you wear your shoes consistently.

Here's what doublemesh96 (cool chillin' dude btw) once told me about his reshaping of the white cements:
"Hey man, hope all is well. I hand wash my kicks in a tub as the washing machine can possibly damage them. With the wc4 in particular I treated them with stain remover (oxi clean max force) and let them sit for a few hours prior to washing them. The most important part is rinsing them thoroughly because they will yellow upon drying if you don’t remove all the soap. After the rinse place them in the washing machine and use the spin cycle with no water to dry them. When you take them out you can then use a shoe tree, a wet towel and an iron to reshape the toebox. There are videos on YouTube that detail this toebox reshaping process. They hold up great for me the shape is permanent. Hope this helps bro. "

A lot of the steps seem to be skippable as others dudes reshaped with iron only and it worked super well. But his method probably helps keeping the shape for a very (very) long time, hence why his reshape still looks pristine. It's up to the user to choose the expert path.

Last edited:
I was 95 percent sure I was out already, and then engineer engineer 's post above sealed it. He's absolutely right. I've had no problem passing on retro IIIs--one of my three all-time favorite shoes in OG form--for the past 17 years, and these should be no different. The IIIs haven't looked like IIIs in a long time till recently, so even my '03 white cements, I sold those because every time I looked at them I didn't get the feeling I wanted them for in the first place. I don't need the same thing again with these. I already have two pairs of last year's black/cements, which after ironing and adding the lines are better than these (other than the stupid misaligned NA). I also have a DS pair of the white/cement IVs from '16 I'm either about to sell or just start wearing (just sold my well-used first pair of those for $140 over the weekend).

In other words, I have enough recent OG-colorway IV retros to tolerate and scratch my nostalgic IV itch without adding these things to the collection. For all the knocks on the '16 WCs, at least the pair I have is virtually flawless in terms of paint, stitching, no creases ... somehow the netting hasn't even yellowed yet after sitting in my closet the past almost five years. Not saying they're actually better than these fire reds, but too many of the pairs we've seen in here look like *** in terms of build quality on top of everything else. Easy pass now, especially with what a B everything has been to get lately.
SEE YOU ON RELEASE DAY!

I can Indeed confirm bigger sizes don’t have the toe box issue. A friend grabbed a size 15 from shock drop. The toes look good and even.
So longer feet make the shape/mold more streamlined?

either way it’s not cool that you really gotta hunt for a perfect pair in smaller shoe sizes.

I can Indeed confirm bigger sizes don’t have the toe box issue. A friend grabbed a size 15 from shock drop. The toes look good and even.
So longer feet make the shape/mold more streamlined?

either way it’s not cool that you really gotta hunt for a perfect pair in smaller shoe sizes.
My 14 looked pretty bad.

55B7E00B-DA77-4549-AF60-3C6A0F4DB931.jpeg

Left is ironed, right isn’t. Made them look a little bit better.
You did a good job there! They still look different from one another but wearable to me.

Edit: whoa the slope on the left shoe (on the right) is all jacked up. Are you bending the shoe in this pic or something? Or maybe it’s the angle.

Last edited:
i want to see if you don’t mind posting pics.

I guess it’s not quite as bad as some of the other pairs as far as toe shape but this pair had lots of construction issues (stretched netting, a bulge on the side(second pic), and on the inside there was a fold/bubble in the liner material that would’ve most certainly caused rubbing issues).

I guess it’s not quite as bad as some of the other pairs as far as toe shape but this pair had lots of construction issues (stretched netting, a bulge on the side(second pic), and on the inside there was a fold/bubble in the liner material that would’ve most certainly caused rubbing issues).
Man screw JB and specifically gentry on this one smh, if the pair I bought off goat early looks like that it’s getting returned

that pair looks not cool.
Dips/dents in the leather all visible from pictures.
At this point all pairs are flawed and I’m just gonna dog mine with daily wear. I’m not wasting money to double up.

Back
Top Bottom