NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I wonder if I can just super glue this

IMG_20201107_202150_278.jpg
Rock it without the wing

I'm surprised it hasn't come up.. with everyone focused on how on par these are to the OG or not. BC's from 2019 might be the only OG's to have done this as far as a retro goes.

I mentioned it a couple pages back and it was blown off it seemed. I’m not a huge 4 fan so I’m not sure of the originals history. 🤷‍♂️

It just seemed odd to me you would have it on one OG shoe and then not on another OG shoe.

I'm surprised it hasn't come up.. with everyone focused on how on par these are to the OG or not. BC's from 2019 might be the only OG's to have done this as far as a retro goes.
I believe it has come up and I haven’t been following this entire thread. I think it was mentioned that leaving this out wasn’t the biggest deal and not that important (which I would agree with) and that even the OGs were inconsistent on the stitching anyway?

I hear you on the yellowing. I can’t ****ing stand it on any shoe and I don’t and will never subscribe to the “it gives it character” or “the vintage look” or any of that. I like clean and pristine. I have done a ton of research. There’s so many differing views and opinions on it but I have concluded that the Hefty zip lock 2.5 gallon bags fully sealed is the way to go and armor all protectant can keep netting on 5s icy for years and years. I trust the information I got on that from someone here that has done it and wears the 5s and the netting is still iced. After every wear it’s to be cleaned and dried then armor all.

I will be keeping these fire reds in my zip lock bag fully sealed no silica, inside a container in room temps and avoiding light as much as possible when I’m not wearing them.

It must be exhausting thinking of shoes this way. They’re just shoes. Some of y’all really have to let go of this idea that they are meant as trophy pieces. Wear the hell out of them and enjoy while you can. They are going to retro again in 5 or so years so you will be able to have a fresh new pair.

I believe it has come up and I haven’t been following this entire thread. I think it was mentioned that leaving this out wasn’t the biggest deal and not that important (which I would agree with) and that even the OGs were inconsistent on the stitching anyway?

Need more info and pics on this.. not saying its wrong/memory glitches.. I just want to know lol. I think its a detail that should be there and gives it more depth. One can also argue that the constrained stitching gives it a cleaner look. But I understand why its not a big deal to some.

I just think that if JB as a brand acknowledged it then keep that same energy and apply it to all OGs since they flelt the BC's deserved it. And STILL jacked that whole retro up smh.

I'm not usually too wishy washy, but I dunno, maybe I'll end up owing spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour that million bucks LOL. Saw a couple of the shock-drop pairs this weekend in my local consignment shop. Neither one looked to have major issues like most of the ones posted here so far. I guess if I/we somehow manage to get a decent pair, I'd be reasonably happy with them. In the end I'll probably try to get one pair on RD, but if these prove as annoyingly difficult to get as everything else has been lately, then oh well. No way in HELL I'd pay resale for these.

Jb Made so Many pairs seems like they already released Can’t wait to pick up my pair After the Black Friday shopping !

Need more info and pics on this.. not saying its wrong/memory glitches.. I just want to know lol. I think its a detail that should be there and gives it more depth. One can also argue that the constrained stitching gives it a cleaner look. But I understand why its not a big deal to some.

I just think that if JB as a brand acknowledged it then keep that same energy and apply it to all OGs since they flelt the BC's deserved it. And STILL jacked that whole retro up smh.
24C99E71-9C28-4BA5-A33D-99F5294AA8D0.jpeg

I went through a bunch of images and this was the closest I could find to matching the cleaner stitching. Almost all the pairs have the extra stitching so I agree I definitely think that detail should’ve been included.

Agreed... Having it on the BC and not these is highly odd... But not unusual for JB. It was mentioned in here pages ago and no one said anything... One person saying they didn't care too much. That was odd too.... Heh.

Personally I liken it to the OG jagged tongue and fine without it as I see it as a manufacturing skill lacking back then.

Agreed... Having it on the BC and not these is highly odd... But not unusual for JB. It was mentioned in here pages ago and no one said anything... One person saying they didn't care too much. That was odd too.... Heh.

Personally I liken it to the OG jagged tongue and fine without it as I see it as a manufacturing skill lacking back then.
Yeah I was the one saying that detail was not too big of a deal. To me at least. If they did have it, great. It is weird they didn't match the look to the bc though.

So where are those damn 20% off ebay coupons these days? I recall a couple of years ago (or maybe 3) we were getting them every month or two. Would love to use that on one of these day. Thanksgiving is just such a headache with family and everything going on. Ugh....

My SNKRS pair came pre-creased.

PXL_20201109_182329868.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

Definitely buying another pair on release date and swapping these out.
That’s not bad at all. Dudes in this thread got beyond creased shoes they looked like they were folded and clamped for a long period of time before being shipped. Most of the pairs I’ve seen have something like this. Good luck.

So where are those damn 20% off ebay coupons these days? I recall a couple of years ago (or maybe 3) we were getting them every month or two. Would love to use that on one of these day. Thanksgiving is just such a headache with family and everything going on. Ugh....

Yeah, I just spent 15 min looking for some kind of Ebay coupon before I bought my wife a pair. Couldn't find anything that worked and paid $170 plus $10 sh for a 7 GS.

Back
Top Bottom