NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

A lot of insecurity in this thread. If you personally feel attacked because a handful of individuals criticize a sneaker and voice their opinion on a shoe forum, you’re the one with an issue. I’m tired of people who have the need to have their opinion coddled by strangers on the internet, this isn’t a circle jerk. People who have been buying and wearing Jordan’s since Mike originally played in these have a different perspective than you guys who didn’t. Get the **** over it and quit whining when someone doesn’t validate your JB purchase.
So you're pro-OG's.

Well my first pair of jordan 4s ever was the military 4s, followed by black cats( the 06 or 07 or whatever years these came out) so I guess I’m used to horrible shapes and what not so these are an improvement regardless lol. Those blacks cats actually turned me off to 4s for a while until the cements came out because of how misshapen and uncomfortable they were, it was like night and day comparison to the cement 4s.

A lot of insecurity in this thread. If you personally feel attacked because a handful of individuals criticize a sneaker and voice their opinion on a shoe forum, you’re the one with an issue. I’m tired of people who have the need to have their opinion coddled by strangers on the internet, this isn’t a circle jerk. People who have been buying and wearing Jordan’s since Mike originally played in these have a different perspective than you guys who didn’t. Get the **** over it and quit whining when someone doesn’t validate your JB purchase.
One of the best posts I’ve read in my 18 years on NT.

Repped.

I have no idea how insecurities have come into this conversation. I simply said, if you have an opinion either way then sound off all you want. There just no reason to go at people that has an opinion that differs from yours. If you hate em , then hate em. But let the people that like em be. If you don't want people *****ing about your discontent, then don't do it to guys that are. It works both ways here. My apologies for upsetting you. Not my purpose.

I feel my pair came out pretty good. I can deal with the slight to mild crease since I like the vintage look.
B4DBC13D-4C29-48CE-9777-B0DCFF9D8E62.jpeg
7A179A82-113B-48FB-86F2-7E0C76D9C851.jpeg
75F0B1F7-81E2-4F0C-A437-B83BFB45C7AB.jpeg
A1E90060-DE62-40A7-92BC-52EDB746BA65.jpeg
3D0F5CD4-4BAA-4384-9091-B3DC5A5D0ADA.jpeg

407714A4-6E5D-486E-8155-1DC23609C45D.jpeg
0D7F842D-8060-4E5C-A9D8-A1A8C492EE33.jpeg

Attachments

• EF595948-37EF-40C5-9A59-92BC87D9B96B.jpeg
    EF595948-37EF-40C5-9A59-92BC87D9B96B.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 41
So much truth here

Man, I sure hope all y’all complaining haven’t bought a retro since 99 or ever. Because they haven’t been an exact 1:1 since pretty much the OG. If y’all have, your a bunch of hypocrites Telling ppl **** what you say and coming down on ppl for grabbing these.
It's true as to how the shoes weren't similar. But it's really hard to deny the appeal the shape of the 99's had. Just my opinion tho.

You guys make it seem like its a crime to like the shoe that is actually being released. Some, believe it or not, might JUST BE satisfied with the product. Is that all right? Or does NT judge and jury decide that? My goodness.
If you dont like em, cool, sound off about em. But dont downgrade peoples "standards" because they dont meet yours. If my pair looks like **** then they will go back. Its really pretty simple. Nike is not around to satisfy all the OG Spec heads, they never will. As much I wish they would. But to come down on someone that likes what they see coming makes no sense to me. ***** all you want. But back it up with passing.
This **** of saying there trash, but, I must buy three pair to mix and match a perfect pair makes Nike laugh their asses off. You sure are showing them. :lol: The shoes cost a fraction of what they are sold for.
To write this release off before its ACTUAL release day is crazy. I will take my chances gladly on release day.
I got lucky I didn’t have to mix and match to get a good pair :lol:

I personally don't care what people post in here. It's a shoe forum, it goes with the territory. I think some just get annoyed because it's always the same people. You used to like Jordans and now don't like the quality etc...it makes a lot more sense to move on to something else to complain about. Whatever it may be. I suspect the ones that do it it over and over in here more then likely do it over and over with even the most trivial things in everyday life.

I highly doubt niketalkers are the only ones who get daily headaches from these individuals.
Well, it's not really like that from my perspective. I, in most aspects of my life, am a messy and careless individual. However, when it comes to shoes, and especially old vintage stuff from the 80's-90's, I do like my sneakers to have that sweet bullet shape and crazy puffiness-to-aerodynamism ratio (does that exist in English tho??). So I can be pretty darn obsessive about the shape of the shoes, even to the point of not really caring about the materials or color palette. Much respect to your opinion, tho, cuz that probably describes me well from other people's pov as my own is naturally biased.

Very grateful and appreciative. Last week was my Bday, to get EA and a decent quality pair is a blessing.
I feel ya!! I’m lucky as hell to have been able to return my awful pair straight back to Nike and scoop up a near flawless pair on eBay for $215 :wow:

This was one of the releases I was most looking forward to. I was gonna do whatever I needed to to get my decent pair :lol:

I tried on the shock drop because I have wanted a pair for years. After seeing how these turned out with people having in hand pairs from the shock drop is why I’m not going for them on release date. Unlike you, I won’t just hand my money over to JB like a mindless consumer. Not hitting on the shock drop turned out to be in my favor after all.
Yea we have a ton of new information since the shock drop. I was super excited for these and was happy to hit but my pair is long gone now and I’m 100% out on these after having them in hand.
Yep my shock drop pair was a boomerang back to Nike. I’m all good with people liking their shoes, I like my pair that I got lucky to find on eBay, but when someone says “I don’t care about quality, stitching and all that” well then I have a problem. That type of consumer mentality, if enough of it, will hurt the rest of the customer base that actually does have expectations of some degree of quality. When my shock drop pair came in the right shoe looked like it was made in a completely different mold than the left shoe. And that should not be defended by anyone. I don’t care how much of a Nike fanboy you are. Have some self worth as a consumer.
Yeah this release is pretty simple to me. A lot of them are ****** up. If you go on Ebay and go and look at what you are getting then you'll get a decent pair. Myself and others have done this and have been satisfied with the results. If you don't want to do that out of principle, then don't. Can't really put it any other way.
Thank god for eBay. That’s right. A lot of them are ****ed up and that’s no bueno for a release of a beloved OG. So if you got a decent pair then go ahead and love em. Appreciate em. But let’s not say we don’t care about quality or shape or stitching and all that. That’s ridiculous and the next person that says that or something like it will have the honor of being the first person on my ignore list.

Been trying to find a good pair on eBay in the $215 price point since the shock drop; no luck. At this point I'll wait until after RD to hunt again if I can't get any pairs on RD, or end up with bad pairs.

:rofl: This not ironic to you??? Man.

Anyway, every Jordan OG retro thread is like this. Literally goes the same way every single release. Much respect to those passing, stick to your guns. What I'll never understand is spending an upwards of $200 on a pair of sneakers that I think is "Butchered trash". Just makes you look hypocritical honestly.

I don’t post much here’s my take. The shoe looks good ,however, it is a step backwards from the black cements and the black cats. Not sure what’s going on but it’s bs. The air max 3/90 isn’t perfect but it’s so close you really can’t complain. I’m passing on these.
I agree here even the black cement 4s from '19 had a better shape but I still really enjoy wearing my pair!

The people complaining are saying that this retro deviates further than reasonable standards of how a retro should be (mainly shape) not the fact that retros are not exact replicas (ie shape plus materials) of their OGs or 00 and earlier retros. I think everyone knows its not financially feasible for JB or Nike to replicate OGs 1 to 1. JB seems to not get it done right with the shape of the 4s according to some people here and I agree. However, there have been examples of overwhelmingly well received retros on NT like the 2019 Black and Red 11s, 2018 Concords, and the 2019 infrared 6s etc so its possible to get it done right. Also judging by the 3s released this year, you would think they would show the same improvements for the 4s. Now I'm not knocking someone grabbing these, but I know I'm not grabbing them and others have legit reasons on why they're not getting them. You have to understand that NT is an sneaker enthusiast website with plenty of longevity and not a casual website so criticism in detail naturally comes with the territory.
This is definitely true, I definitely understand why people talk **** about this 4. JB claimed they have the excat specs of the 89 pair. They released a article yesterday saying so, but they didnt even get it close. When nike went an fixed the air max and JB fixed other models through the past 3 years I think we all had in mind they completely fixed the 4 especially with how long they took to unveil the model this year. I love wear my pair and wont down others for buying a favorite among many but I will down the brand for *** up this drop.

Back
Top Bottom