NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

My early access pair came yesterday. Not bad

CAF0C80C-7DBF-4088-96CF-BB01C7B6AEEE.jpeg
45426721-E95C-4EF0-BB67-C75D09527859.jpeg
027B7D50-4578-4C20-947B-C00E91AE34F9.jpeg

518E4FEC-57DB-4D2A-8134-8AD579AFA5D6.jpeg F7316095-82E0-490B-9813-699A6522BFA0.jpeg 8A3C8B38-694E-4A32-9A56-EC2AA63F6F0E.jpeg 8DA008FB-36AC-4CF6-8F3F-E2321307AB34.jpeg AFF78CA7-A9F4-4003-8D60-597C706CECF3.jpeg C4C14A79-4FA2-4790-9661-C606D814EE6D.jpeg 0FDD40FD-A81D-4919-BAFE-C160953BB0EE.jpeg
Went through my camera roll and had pics from the previous release and all OG colorways from 2012 and in all honesty do these trump the 2020 release, 2016 white cements or 2019 bred 4? I honestly just want ppl to look at them and tell me if we are going in the right direction? I had to touch up the paint and iron my breds and fire reds several times. The suede on breds were really far from nubuck, it was more like felt that would crease really bad . The fire reds leather was really thin and creased like I wore them 10 times after 1 wear with force fields in. The heel tabs would also dig into your heel since they were pretty stiff. I sold them out of frustration. Please remember this is back in 2012, when resale was ridiculous and everything was selling out instantly. Just give them a look and tell me about the shape.
The 2020 and 2019 4s kill these leaps and bounds a head of these no matter what anyone says. I bought these Fire red 4s knowing and complaining about the ankle collar not being high enough. I really like them a lot and they will get great wears out of them just like the 2019 bc4s did. If you have the 2019s and like them then you would like these a lot too.

Can't wait for the day some fool comes up to me on the street while I'm wearing these to critique the toe box, netting, wing placement, insole depth, stitching thread material, distance between the I and K on the heel tab or whatever else nonsense has been ranted about AD NAUSEUM on this thread for months. Oh wait, that won't happen because they're just shoes for crissakes.

"I DEMAND AN IDENTICAL RE-CREATION OF A 30 YEAR OLD SHOE OR IT'S TRASH, DAMMIT!" - Half of this thread

:lol:

I think there's some misunderstanding. I honestly think most folks IN THIS THREAD who are pointing out JB's trash are purists to the point they want to wear them in OG specs for THEMSELVES. For integrity.

There's a lot of older heads in this thread that don't really care what another person in the streets thinks...but would rather feel good about wearing for themselves.

It has been said that "your a mindless consumer" "your not old enough to know when MJ played in them" "you are the problem" " JB loves buyers like YOU" I mean, what the **** does that mean? :lol: . Those are examples of what is being said to members in here. Which ties back to the post Benny and myself have said. Why come at the member in any way just because they like them? Its all good to dislike a sneaker. We all have those times. I hate the new 9s, so I wont buy em till they fix em. Its THAT SIMPLE. But I sure wont look down on people or give insults to people that like em. Whats the point in that? Thats all this is.

I think its frustration from older guys like myself with the quality and wearability of shoes we want to buy but that they never get quite right for years on end. Non of us are going to live forever so who wants to wait for decades for the shoe to be done properly? Also, there seems to be more complacency by younger or uninformed buyers that don't know about quality retro's from the 90's and early 2000's or the OG's and they don't see the problem with toe boxes that have to much toe spring and to much toe cap or incorrect materials, changed color blocking or all of the above.. I'm not singling you out btw but way to many new guys don't get it and that's translated through to some of JB's employees which is why many times we get crap re-issues.

Also, I can't tell you how many arguments I've had with individuals that saw no problem with the terrible retro's only to apologize once they held the OG's in hand or they were able get a quality re-issue.

Btw I wouldn't take any insults any older guy on here gives you for liking a particular shoe but at the same time you and anyone for that matter should hear people out, especially if they know what they are talking about. A great example is the current Air Max 90's.

For decades there have been complaints about the Air Max 90's shape, materials, height etc. and now look. They got the right people to work on the shoe and they got as close as you could to the original complete with the OG box, pamphlet, tag, corrected toe box, forefoot air quality materials all for a proper price point.

I think its frustration from older guys like myself with the quality and wearability of shoes we want to buy but that they never get quite right for years on end. Non of us are going to live forever so who wants to wait for decades for the shoe to be done properly? Also, there seems to be more complacency by younger or uninformed buyers that don't know about quality retro's from the 90's and early 2000's or the OG's and they don't see the problem with toe boxes that have to much toe spring and to much toe cap or incorrect materials, changed color blocking or all of the above.. I'm not singling you out btw but way to many new guys don't get it and that's translated through to some of JB's employees which is why many times we get crap re-issues.

Also, I can't tell you how many arguments I've had with individuals that saw no problem with the terrible retro's only to apologize once they held the OG's in hand or they were able get a quality re-issue.

Btw I wouldn't take any insults any older guy on here gives you for liking a particular shoe but at the same time you and anyone for that matter should hear people out, especially if they know what they are talking about. A great example is the current Air Max 90's.

For decades there have been complaints about the Air Max 90's shape, materials, height etc. and now look. They got the right people to work on the shoe and they got as close as you could to the original complete with the OG box, pamphlet, tag, corrected toe box, forefoot air quality materials all for a proper price point.
I completely get this. I want them right also. I just know how this JB machine works. We all do by now. No one actually came at me. I just thought there were just a few unneeded comments being thrown the direction of others.
I never had the 89 original. My first was a 7 in 1992. I also had a Black infra 6 a buddy gave to me. Those were the oldest I owned. My little obsession started when I was 10. I am 40 now. So without question I agree with all the complaints about these. But my honest opinion is they are not trying to get them where we want them. And with this release particularly, some of the pairs I have seen look good to me.

I completely get this. I want them right also. I just know how this JB machine works. We all do by now. No one actually came at me. I just thought there were just a few unneeded comments being thrown the direction of others.
I never had the 89 original. My first was a 7 in 1992. I also had a Black infra 6 a buddy gave to me. Those were the oldest I owned. My little obsession started when I was 10. I am 40 now. So without question I agree with all the complaints about these. But my honest opinion is they are not trying to get them where we want them. And with this release particularly, some of the pairs I have seen look good to me.

I'm with you on that, this retro looks pretty good -atleast good enough for me to part with my money for them-. Toe box is still not right - to much toe spring and toe cap- but it doesn't look terrible to the point where I wouldn't buy them. If they looked like the last two retro's then yea I wouldn't even consider them

And you know they do it on purpose
Yeah, I believe they do. You cannot tell me there is not enough feedback coming their way that matches ours. Regardless of the source they receive. No way after the BC4 release they didnt hear "TOE SLANT" "TOE SHAPE" at least enough to catch their attention. They did a 3 with a good toe. So they had to listen about that at one point. The chose to stay with that look on this 4.

When you have the right individuals in charge who are not only passionate, but care about the consumer, these are the results you get. The AM 3 / AM 90 recrafts are proof that you can get a Retro as close as possible to the original. Gentry doesn’t give a **** about the integrity of the Air Jordan, it’s a shame our community lacks the knowledge and passion that the Air Max community does.

I think they'll get to the 4s as they did with the 3s, 11s, etc. It's just a matter of time. I'm thinking it's on deck for re-shaping in the next 3 years ;-).

It’s def on gentry, ever since he got back **** has been getting shotty again... Jb needs to hire the guy who runs the air Max line because gentry is no good for jordan fans
I can‘t wait until Gentry is out. They definitely need someone who has passion and cares about the legacy of the Air Jordan line. It definitely isn’t him. It’s a shame that this line is nowhere near what it used to be.

air max 1s were a perfect example. 2017 came around and once they fixed the cliff toe for the anniversary pairs, the hype went up again. That was also because of public scrutiny where buyers kept complaining about the product to the point where they listened cuz consumers weren't having it. Heck they fixed the 3s and did a respectable job on the 5s.

This is very true, it is completely the brands fault for releasing half assed retros especially for the older crowd who have owned the OGs and wore them. Plus they have to see great quality collabs drop when the OG they love and cherish get **** on. I definitely agree with hearing the Older heads out because a lot of the flaws you can fix yourself with their word if your willing to do so. But I have to say I hate when some one rags on people like me who will buy them and then fix the toe cap. Like 80% on here will give you props (mostly OG heads) then you have the oh those are ruined, you killed the shoe etc. Or the you bought those ugh then they keep ragging on people just leave it alone after the first or 2nd time.

Back
Top Bottom