NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

My pair from Footaction is shipping through the USPS...

sweat.gif

I smooth LOL'd at this until I got my Champs shipping email complete with USPS tracking!! Aww daaammmm...:lol:
23B7C53C-61F4-4F56-B7D7-D03943B89584.gif

it’s been 31 years. Let that sink in...

2 of the 5 I managed to cop today :nthat:

can’t wait to take the shot of all 5 pairs together

4BCB3B7C-7356-4BFC-A8C5-A66A8AFA9A9D.jpeg

Am I the only one who sees this? :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 1.06.06 AM.png

I still think they're great, btw... it's probably just the sizes of the shoes and the angle...

Not sure if this was posted yet but Raffle still open for another 18hrs on WSS

Pissed I couldn't win from ftl for the points, but walk in at my local shiekh for my pair. They had a BUNCH of pairs, but man they were ****ty. I went through 4 PAIRS before I settled on the one I got. Footlocker and other sites are letting people wait ALL weekend to pickup their pair which is nuts. GOnna wait until Monday for my hopeful second pair.

Please don't pay resell for these. Things are so beautiful! My first pair of fire red 4s, and there are pairs for days!! I would've doubled up today, but the pairs were just so bad I skipped. If your in LA area, just wait until Monday at the footlockers you should be straight! I hope I won't regret it

Soooo, releases like this are confusing to me. I thought that Nike was trying to push more direct sales over selling through third party dealers (footsites, boutiques, etc), but releases like this that are rumored to be produced in astronomical numbers still sell out immediately on SNKRS and have tons of pairs in every store and on every website that sells shoes. I was fortunate to get a Finish Line reservation (for the first time ever) and they even had leftover sizes that they were selling to people just walking in, but I still tried on SNKRS the second it turned to 10AM EST, and I was "Pending" for 20 minutes before being told that they were sold out in my size. I'm beginning to think that SNKRS is just a hype building machine, or maybe Nike has some sort of agreement with retailers to push more pairs of certain releases through stores rather than direct, or I don't know. I just wish it were easier to buy the sneakers I want to own and wear.

They’ve been doing this throughout COVID to prevent crowding and comply with the different capacity restrictions in certain places, it’s not really nuts at all...
According to the employees I talked to at the footlockers/champs I stopped by, they don't really like the process. I haven't copped anything since last year so I don't know how long this process has been going, but they are worried that resellers will just scoop up the pairs on Monday since most will be at work.

Please don't pay resell for these. Things are so beautiful! My first pair of fire red 4s, and there are pairs for days!! I would've doubled up today, but the pairs were just so bad I skipped. If your in LA area, just wait until Monday at the footlockers you should be straight! I hope I won't regret it
I thought you were going to say, don't pay resale for these because frankly they just aren't worth it LOL. Like you say, the quality just seems trash on so many pairs. I got shut out on SNKRS but already had a FTL pair to pick up ... if I hadn't won on FTL, which would have been the norm, I just would've walked away from these entirely and moved on. Thankfully my FTL pair is pretty good for what we've seen on these, but even a perfect pair of this version would be nothing special. Nostalgia is the only special feeling I get from these whatsoever and the only reason I elected to keep them.

For anyone who IS going to go resale, if it were me, I'd go the eBay or similar route so you at least have a chance to see pics of the pair you're trying to buy. I wouldn't even dream of buying a pair from SX or GOAT. Chances are you're going to drop more than $300 after tax and shipping (and fees on SX, for example), and wind up with a janky pair of shoes. It's bad enough at $200 plus tax MSRP, let alone the resale markup.

The Fire Red V retro from back in the spring looks and feels amazing compared to this IV retro, like it's from a different planet.

Decided to not get these at the shock drop, tried to get them today, took an L on snkrs, sold out on eastbay, footlocker, dsg, etc...at 1pm I get a text, that from kicksdeals on Twitter saying to keepin trying to add to cart. I get though at 1:40 and get my pair...I dunno why this was so hard to get for me, when I thought it would be easy.

I still haven’t locked up a pair. Had a coffee date yesterday at 10 didn’t hit on SNKRS and that was basically my only shot. At least the date went well 🤷🏾‍♂️. Will wait for the restocks.

Struck out on SNKRS and other foot sites yesterday so I’ll hit local malls in the morning for a pair I’m hearing there’s plenty out there this wasn’t a must cop so I’m not really upset about striking out.

I’m a advocate of original color ways of all models from different brands, and 4s are one of the best models. I don’t know why these never resonated with me.

Packaging is solid. But I’ll just wait for Military Blues to enjoy that.

Hope everyone ate or eats for those who missed.

I’m a advocate of original color ways of all models from different brands, and 4s are one of the best models. I don’t know why these never resonated with me.

Packaging is solid. But I’ll just wait for Military Blues to enjoy that.

Hope everyone ate or eats for those who missed.
Same here. Fire red 4’s are my least favorite of the og’s. I think it’s the combination of black/ white netting. If it were solid white or black, I think it would elevate it.

Back
Top Bottom