NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Oldfag is a term I never thought I'd see outside of 4chan, let alone on this site of all places. But anyway, I'm surprised that Hoopfresh dude from insta that does all the jordan modifications to make current retros look like OGs, hasn't done the same to these. Unless he did and no one posted it here. I don't use Instagram anymore.

Oldfag is a term I never thought I'd see outside of 4chan, let alone on this site of all places. But anyway, I'm surprised that Hoopfresh dude from insta that does all the jordan modifications to make current retros look like OGs, hasn't done the same to these. Unless he did and no one posted it here. I don't use Instagram anymore.
He’d basically have to build a whole new shoe in order to fix the ankle height. I’m sure he could make the toebox look great though.

The White Cement 4's look amazing. I wanted them so bad back in 1989 with no way of owning them. They capture the essence of the era with the iconic gray, splattered black ink and crisp white leather. There is something very wintery about them that brings me back to another time.

The yellowing was so common back in 1989, 1990 that I thought the yellow was a different colorway or version. It's a part of naturally enjoying your shoe.
1989-og-air-jordan-4-white-cement-ebay-01~2.jpg
But the netting didn't yellow on OGs, really. Even after 30 years.
White netting on these modern IV retros straight yellows in almost no time. My first pair of '16s, I wore less than 20 times and only in dry, SoCal conditions, and I took amazing care of them ... and they were still noticeably yellow within 2 years. The quality on modern IV retros is an utter joke.

But the netting didn't yellow on OGs, really. Even after 30 years.
White netting on these modern IV retros straight yellows in almost no time. My first pair of '16s, I wore less than 20 times and only in dry, SoCal conditions, and I took amazing care of them ... and they were still noticeably yellow within 2 years. The quality on modern IV retros is an utter joke.
Two words for you...

SEA GLOW. :rofl:

That's funny. A guy at my work was using the term and everyone thought it was hilarious, so it caught on from there.

Have the 2016 white/cements started to yellow already?

A new 'Oreo Cement' will be coming out this year, which construction/comfort wise will probably be the best reiteration of the shoe.

I wonder how long until the OG white cement 4's return? Definately by 2022-2023, I'm guessing?
1989-Muggsy-Bogues-Michael-Jordan-079086511.jpg

DpvrWP4U8AEDqe5-613x817.jpg

DpvrUF4W0AAGSSy-613x817.jpg
mine have started to yellow mainly the side netting, i’ll update a pic when i get home. not too bad

Definitely still look super good too. definitely could be passing on the new cements (especially knowing how gentry is with retros gonna be a small twist )

mine have started to yellow mainly the side netting, i’ll update a pic when i get home. not too bad

Definitely still look super good too. definitely could be passing on the new cements (especially knowing how gentry is with retros gonna be a small twist )
Yeah, I will pass on the Oreos. I want OG colorways only. Those are the ones that remind me of a special place and time.

I've seen recent posts, where someone will say "My Dad got these for me back in '89 and he passed away last year."

So there is alot of emotions and feelings behind these products and Nike's Marketing Department is well aware. It's actually quite fascinating to witness what they have created.

Last edited:
Yeah, I will pass on the Oreos. I want OG colorways only. Those are the ones that remind me of a special place and time.

I've seen recent posts, where someone will say "My Dad got these for me back in '89 and he passed away last year."

So there is alot of emotions and feelings behind these products, and Nike knows this.
Here’s an update: it’s more prevalent in person than in pics
05F8B152-FA2B-4416-A549-6F39FC4BC11A.jpeg
04B5CFCA-C99D-4531-B55B-867F27894A43.jpeg
7F759444-C808-49E2-8C05-7E5BFB9DCEE7.jpeg

I’ve lost count, they get worn left and right :lol:

they are my all time favorite 4
That's great that you enjoy your shoes. Such a great colorway, my favorite. You probably got them for retail, which is phenomenal.

Those sneakers match with literally almost everything and they are always in season.

Screenshot_20201220-010442~2.png
Screenshot_20201220-010532~2.png

These are not mine, but of the 1999 Retro. Now that I think about it, the black ink splatter on cement grey is so iconic that it's the featured colorway on all of the Retro Air Jordan shoeboxes.

Last edited:
To each their own, but I love wearing my pair; they look awesome on feet (and I had them in '89, so it's not like I don't know what they're supposed to be). My netting hasn't yellowed, but is definitely off-white now, but that's the way they age. I remember the white midsole of the OGs yellowed badly and drove me nuts. Tried scrubbing them so many times, but to no avail.

Always wanted the BC back them but they were sold out, so went with the WC. Now I actually prefer the look of the WC; go figure. Definitely glad to have both despite their respective issues.
The White Cement 4's look amazing. I wanted them so bad back in 1989 with no way of owning them. They capture the essence of the era with the iconic gray, splattered black ink and crisp white leather. There is something very wintery about them that brings me back to another time.

The yellowing was so common back in 1989, 1990 that I thought the yellow was a different colorway or version. It's a part of naturally enjoying your shoe.
1989-og-air-jordan-4-white-cement-ebay-01~2.jpg

Yep, the raw foam they used on the midsoles was beautiful when brand new, but impossible to keep clean. Once you got the first scuff, it was never the same. I'm glad they finally seem to have found a way to paint/treat them so they won't crack.

Oh hell nah. Let me look at mine.

Mine still cocaine white. Hope they don't start yellowing anytime soon.

IMAG0642.jpg
I wonder if the black garbage bag sucks the paint off the shoe and or excellerates the yellowing? An antique dealer once told me that the plastic bag sucks the paint off of wood and metal (when warm, I imagine?)

Nice shoes btw.

Shouldn’t have to bother with all of that. I don’t even personally care that much anymore if they yellow in terms of how they look. But it’s trash in principle.
You’re right.

I just couldn’t help it with my Sea Glow comment. Dudes used to push that stuff years ago. :lol:

Marvelous like fresh marshmallows.

So the mesh will automatically turn off-white after four and a half years or so even though these look dead stock. Interesting. That's an ultra crisp pair.

Marvelous like fresh marshmallows.

So the mesh will automatically turn off-white after four and a half years or so even though these look dead stock. Interesting. That's an ultra crisp pair.
No, I think it’s mostly UV exposure. So if you wear them outside in the sun they’ll start to yellow fast. If you just wear them to work or to walk around inside then it’ll be a slower process. DS pairs that are kept in the box should still be white.

Back
Top Bottom