NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I can tell you for fact that this is not the reason. While the toe spring is added to supposedly make walking in the shoes easier it’s terrible for our health. That aside I’ve been told by someone that works with Nike that they do it because they think it looks better that way SMH.

Guys are smoking that lethal over there thinking it looks better smh AND continuing to do it. No one is praising toe springs :lol:

Yea that’s clearly a bs excuse for lazily implementing the toe spring across all footwear products. It’s probably just a corporate directive gone awry, similar to the jumpman direction on the 9 and 11.
I just don’t get it bro. The backward jumpman on the one shoe on 11s is bad but the 9s are ****ed to the point of where I can’t buy them. Not only is the jumpman the wrong direction but it’s small. Deformed. I had the OG 9s back in the day and while I don’t remember them very well the jumpman on the current 9s are obviously way different (not in a good way at all) even from the fuzzy memory from like 25 years ago. Granted I did stare at my shoes a lot as a kid when I had Jordans.

I just don’t get it bro. The backward jumpman on the one shoe on 11s is bad but the 9s are ****ed to the point of where I can’t buy them. Not only is the jumpman the wrong direction but it’s small. Deformed. I had the OG 9s back in the day and while I don’t remember them very well the jumpman on the current 9s are obviously way different (not in a good way at all) even from the fuzzy memory from like 25 years ago. Granted I did stare at my shoes a lot as a kid when I had Jordans.
It’s not backwards to the clowns in upper management. It’s forwards and they don’t give a f what it looks like on the shoe.
The thing that bothers me most is Tinker still works there. As much as we hate gentry, you would think the actual designer (now Nike exec) would step up and defend his designs.

It’s not backwards to the clowns in upper management. It’s forwards and they don’t give a f what it looks like on the shoe.
The thing that bothers me most is Tinker still works there. As much as we hate gentry, you would think the actual designer (now Nike exec) would step up and defend his designs.
I thought this too!! You WOULD think that wouldn’t you.

Good discussion, however, I don't think this was a proactive decision; it was design/manufacturing laziness. The shape devolved over time. That's why some shoes look right (ex. flight '89s), while others don't (4s), and why the AM90s were looked at again and they addressed the shape in the IIIs, and why the Jordan 3 toes boxes in the latest ones are improved, etc. This has nothing to do with function; just takes more attention to detail to keep a given shape.
This is a really good point it's a lack of caring when they got new molds. The flight 89s and air tech challenge 2s have a good height idk why they wouldn't just invest in fixing the 4 for good. I bet they're sales would go up by a lot! Bot to beat a dead horse but the AM3 did it and my feed is blown up with that pair being the pair of the year, hell I think they're the most well done retro ever.

Decided to wear mine downtown for a few drinks the other night. Had a few too many lost my phone and ended up walking home. Woke up to my kicks covered in mud with two gashes on the two box. What a night but at least I wear my shoes
So how are your Fire Reds feeling this morning? They good?

Decided to wear mine downtown for a few drinks the other night. Had a few too many lost my phone and ended up walking home. Woke up to my kicks covered in mud with two gashes on the two box. What a night but at least I wear my shoes

I know that feeling, friend.

Michael_Jordan_Serving_Drinks.jpg

michael-jordan-3-drunk-pictures11_original~2.jpg

I don't know the story, but I'm guessing Mike lost a bet 🤣😂

Screenshot_20210102-234915~2.png

Last edited:
This is a really good point it's a lack of caring when they got new molds. The flight 89s and air tech challenge 2s have a good height idk why they wouldn't just invest in fixing the 4 for good. I bet they're sales would go up by a lot! Bot to beat a dead horse but the AM3 did it and my feed is blown up with that pair being the pair of the year, hell I think they're the most well done retro ever.

the shoe already sells out so not sure how sales would go up by a lot when they're already selling out as is (and were before that with even worse shape and materials). besides, if you look at the AM III, people on this board love that retro but they're hitting sales racks on pretty much every colorway. i don't know what it costs nike to pay attention to all the details that made OG versions beloved, but I'm guessing someone, somewhere did a calculation and saw the math didn't add up to appease a small subsection of old sneakerheads.

the shoe already sells out so not sure how sales would go up by a lot when they're already selling out as is (and were before that with even worse shape and materials). besides, if you look at the AM III, people on this board love that retro but they're hitting sales racks on pretty much every colorway. i don't know what it costs nike to pay attention to all the details that made OG versions beloved, but I'm guessing someone, somewhere did a calculation and saw the math didn't add up to appease a small subsection of old sneakerheads.

Yep...no doubt. The fact that they improve any features on any retro is actually surprising.

maybe, but don't forget why these sneakers are still popular

Back
Top Bottom