NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I don't think I have...my boy has a pair of 99s, ima pull up and look at them.

It doesn't age well. The original white Durabuck was really bad about cracking and peeling after a few years. A buddy of mine gave me his OG Fire Red 4's in 95 and they were already cracking at barely 6 years. Held onto them for a couple more years and ended up trashing them they got so bad.

I don't think I have...my boy has a pair of 99s, ima pull up and look at them.
Its almostlikely a vinyl leather feel. Even thought it does patina it is super comfy. I wish I could show you through pictures but it is super nice the creasing doesnt get extreme like leather either.

It doesn't age well. The original white Durabuck was really bad about cracking and peeling after a few years. A buddy of mine gave me his OG Fire Red 4's in 95 and they were already cracking at barely 6 years. Held onto them for a couple more years and ended up trashing them they got so bad.
This is true also it does crack when it dries out. My white cements cracked a bit on the toe but mink oil really helps it. At least on mine itndid.

Everyone is a leather expert these days though which is super unfortunate. Imagine the uproar among these idiot shoetubers if they released these with the correct durabuck. “THIS LEATHER IS GARBAGE!!” I don’t know if we’re gonna get that durabuck on white based Js anymore, unfortunately.

The “Fresh Prince” Grape 5s have the durabuck on the ankle collar just like the OG Grapes did. You can tell because the material looks like it has tiny “dimples” in it.
FB834067-7BB8-4258-B458-E03493C76548.jpeg

I like the material used on the 2020 FR 5s because it doesn’t seem to crease at all. The durabuck was terrible about creasing. The shoe looked like a banana after heavy wear.

The “Fresh Prince” Grape 5s have the durabuck on the ankle collar just like the OG Grapes did. You can tell because the material looks like it has tiny “dimples” in it.

I like the material used on the 2020 FR 5s because it doesn’t seem to crease at all. The durabuck was terrible about creasing. The shoe looked like a banana after heavy wear.
Yes the dimples!!!!!! Always reminded me of Acne lol But this is what was used on the OG and 2000. So if they could put it on the Grapes , why not the Fire Red V's?

Yes the dimples!!!!!! Always reminded me of Acne lol But this is what was used on the OG and 2000. So if they could put it on the Grapes , why not the Fire Red V's?
The grapes only had the durabuck material on the collar and the rest was leather, even on the ogs. The 2 fire red pairs were full durabuck originally.

In theory the use of correct materials is less of an issue with grapes, since most will prefer full grain leather.

I'm sorry brother I misread this and was thinking of the heel. Yeah that is the synthetic leather (Durabuck) my 2000s pair didnt crease up to bad. But the 3s they have put out with the bottom rand of synthetic leather that wraps the foot is the same thing as durabuck too and it does crease super hard.

Everyone is a leather expert these days though which is super unfortunate. Imagine the uproar among these idiot shoetubers if they released these with the correct durabuck. “THIS LEATHER IS GARBAGE!!” I don’t know if we’re gonna get that durabuck on white based Js anymore, unfortunately.
Lol they still call new school durabuck, nubuck. They say suede is on the travis Scott's but in reality that is Nubuck. Suede is the thick stuff on the AM air jordan 4s and the union 4s.

Yeah suede is fuzzy and durabuck is smoother. One of my retro pet peeve is when they use another material instead of the original. IE the first black uptempo retros that we’re leather instead of nubuck and all the black retros of air trainer sc that are leather.

Yeah suede is fuzzy and durabuck is smoother. One of my retro pet peeve is when they use another material instead of the original. IE the first black uptempo retros that we’re leather instead of nubuck and all the black retros of air trainer sc that are leather.
Omg it is super frustrating lol!

Exactly. Not well at all.

I don't trust their lighting in those pics. I'll wait for in hand pics, but I'll def be picking them up.

Durabuck took longer to crease up badly than leather, it took more than just a few years to crack I would say over 10 , and those new grapes did not have Durabuck since Durabuck hasn't been manufactured since the late '90s. ,

Durabuck took longer to crease up badly than leather, it took more than just a few years to crack I would say over 10 , and those new grapes did not have Durabuck since Durabuck hasn't been manufactured since the late '90s. ,

My man, I'm telling you from literal first hand experience. Men's size 12 Fire Red 4's that had been worn. 1989 to 1995 and they were cracking and peeling like nobody's business.

My man, I'm telling you from literal first hand experience. Men's size 12 Fire Red 4's that had been worn. 1989 to 1995 and they were cracking and peeling like nobody's business.

Thats crazy maybe its the climate of where you live? in cali I was still rocking my 89 4s black cements and my white and fire reds into the early 2000's even after the 99 retros released. up until the midsoles fell apart but the Durabuck was still perfect in terms of cracking or peeling. I had a lot of shoes even in 89 though and they didnt get worn everyday.

Looks like it’s gonna be a pretty bright red, looks like the lighting and/or photo editing has the color looking off though.

Also, is it just me or is the shape looking pretty okay and changed in this pic?? 🔥🔥

Back
Top Bottom