Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

It's kinda wild how different the elephant looks in damn near every picture. In Rich's video, it looks nice and dark like it's supposed to, but then when he shows us the timeline pics at the end, the pic of him holding the 2022 looks like Katrina grey. I really don't know what to expect out of these in person. :lol:
Expect a good dang shoe that’s very very VERY CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL!

Last edited:
This is the 40-and-over league right here :lol:

Ain't no age limit to style and swag
Screenshot_20220906-173304_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220906-173830_Google.jpg

Responses got me thinking. This shoe came out before I was born (1989). Grew up in the thick of the 90s watching him tho. What crazy is that I am old enough to be a university professor, and be around 18-22 year old kids all day

My oldest students this year were born in 1999. My youngest were born in 2004-2005. It's crazy to think but many of them have ZERO connection to Michael Jordan the player (Besides maybe their dad likes him). They were all born either after retirement number 2 or 3. If they're not into sports (which many Gen Z kids are not) you can literally show them a picture of plain clothes Michael Jordan, and some of them do not know who he is. No lie

Most of them of course know "Jordans" the shoe brand, but Michael Jordan may as well be "The sneaker designer who makes the Travis Scott shoes" to some of them

I say all of that to say this. Happy days and smooth sailing are ahead, because outside of Jordan 1s these jits don't care about Michel Jordan, nor do they have nostalgia for his shoes. Air Jordans are becoming a brand for the 30+ crowd, which means for us in that club, every year moving forward it's just going to get easier and easier to cop. Even the classics
This all the way. It has become painfully obvious how much of an outlier I am when it comes to people my age (born 2000) that are into Jordan's. My first pair of Jordan's were some 6 Rings, I think the HOF colorway specifically and I remember being so blown away by them as they were my first "nice" pair of shoes with a design like I'd never seen before. I got older, and somehow in middle school I stumbled upon this site. Lurked through the threads absorbing as much knowledge as I could. I was around for the Air Randy nonsense in the Concord 11 thread, the debates about "unauthorized authentics", the Get Money Boyz, etc etc. The Grape 5 release in 2013 where dudes were posted up flashing cash with matching fits and so on so forth. Just taking it all in. :lol:

Then within a few more years I began to do my own research, looking into Peter Moore and especially Tinker Hatfield, developing a genuine love and appreciation for his designs and the design process and inspirations that allowed him to create what he did. I watched many a game of MJ from his rookie year in '84/'85 to '98 and now truly admire the guy's drive as a basketball player and really as a competitor in general. Never wanting to ever be considered second best. And don't even get me started about his SKILLS as a basketball player.

I could go on but I don't need to. You guys get it, especially as lot of you grew up watching MJ play. So you know. But a lot of the people around my age and younger don't. They just see a brand name that is more a status symbol than a logo that represents a longstanding legacy of arguably the greatest NBA player to ever touch the hardwood.

Man, you guys are making me feel really young. :lol:
I can’t wait until the first time you wake up in the middle of the night, feeling like you’re about to pee in your pants.

Only to get to the bathroom and stand over the toilet and…nothing.

Not a drop.

…I hope you share it with us so I can die from uncontrollable laughter.

C05B6AF8-4E79-4C38-9C9C-D84206ED0F65.gif

Last edited:
This all the way. It has become painfully obvious how much of an outlier I am when it comes to people my age (born 2000) that are into Jordan's. My first pair of Jordan's were some 6 Rings, I think the HOF colorway specifically and I remember being so blown away by them as they were my first "nice" pair of shoes with a design like I'd never seen before. I got older, and somehow in middle school I stumbled upon this site. Lurked through the threads absorbing as much knowledge as I could. I was around for the Air Randy nonsense in the Concord 11 thread, the debates about "unauthorized authentics", the Get Money Boyz, etc etc. The Grape 5 release in 2013 where dudes were posted up flashing cash with matching fits and so on so forth. Just taking it all in. :lol:

Then within a few more years I began to do my own research, looking into Peter Moore and especially Tinker Hatfield, developing a genuine love and appreciation for his designs and the design process and inspirations that allowed him to create what he did. I watched many a game of MJ from his rookie year in '84/'85 to '98 and now truly admire the guy's drive as a basketball player and really as a competitor in general. Never wanting to ever be considered second best. And don't even get me started about his SKILLS as a basketball player.

I could go on but I don't need to. You guys get it, especially as lot of you grew up watching MJ play. So you know. But a lot of the people around my age and younger don't. They just see a brand name that is more a status symbol than a logo that represents a longstanding legacy of arguably the greatest NBA player to ever touch the hardwood.
Great post. You show that you can still be young and connect to what we older crowd do. Younger guys are not at fault at all though. Style trumps history more today then ever. To some its another black and red shoe. To us its much more. F Hills shows us that even the younger gen can appreciate that.

Great post. You show that you can still be young and connect to what we older crowd do. Younger guys are not at fault at all though. Style trumps history more today then ever. To some its another black and red shoe. To us its much more. F Hills shows us that even the younger gen can appreciate that.
Thank you! Honestly I've always found it very enjoyable to conversate with people that are older than me because there's so much to learn from those that have experienced more in life. In regards to this hobby/interest, reading all the stories you guys tell about growing up back then, what it was like watching MJ play, what your first pair of Jordan's were, what your favorite MJ moments were, gripes are about today's models as opposed to what was released during the original run, the list goes on. There is so much that I've learned and continue to learn by being here with you all for so long. I never would have imagined myself as someone that would dissect an OG and compare the details in them to the lack thereof in today's releases, bantering back and forth with people about the necessity of a contrast heel on a shoe like the Black Infrared 6 or the contrasting durabuck on the Charcoal 7s, the necessity of a sleek, aerodynamic profile on the 3 and how low elephant print compliments that, etc. But here we are. :lol: Y'all have taught me a lot and I'm grateful for it.

I love that you actually dug into the designers' catalogs. It reminds me of how lots of people discover music. Look at the record labels (designers) of the bands (shoes) you love, and you're bound to discover new things you didn't know existed, but love just as much as what brought you there to begin with.

This is the 40-and-over league right here :lol:

Ain't no age limit to style and swag
Screenshot_20220906-173304_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220906-173830_Google.jpg
They look ridiculous.

Especially the guy in the Travis Scott’s.

Just because you’re rich doesn’t mean you can listen to DMX and rock the retro into your 70s.

Probably has a 20 year old girlfriend as well.

Okay on second thought…that man is my hero.

They look ridiculous.

Especially the guy in the Travis Scott’s.

Just because you’re rich doesn’t mean you can listen to DMX and rock the retro into your 70s.

Probably has a 20 year old girlfriend as well.

Okay on second thought…that man is my hero.

First time I ever had to report a post :smh: :rofl:

And to add…you don’t have to be rich to buy a $170 pair of Jordans

Thank you! Honestly I've always found it very enjoyable to conversate with people that are older than me because there's so much to learn from those that have experienced more in life. In regards to this hobby/interest, reading all the stories you guys tell about growing up back then, what it was like watching MJ play, what your first pair of Jordan's were, what your favorite MJ moments were, gripes are about today's models as opposed to what was released during the original run, the list goes on. There is so much that I've learned and continue to learn by being here with you all for so long. I never would have imagined myself as someone that would dissect an OG and compare the details in them to the lack thereof in today's releases, bantering back and forth with people about the necessity of a contrast heel on a shoe like the Black Infrared 6 or the contrasting durabuck on the Charcoal 7s, the necessity of a sleek, aerodynamic profile on the 3 and how low elephant print compliments that, etc. But here we are. :lol: Y'all have taught me a lot and I'm grateful for it.
I appreciate guys like you because even though you might be younger you take in the history and realize that Jordan’s are more than the latest fad or buck. The more you learn, the more you have that connection and knowledge of the brand and the man we all wanted to be like. Cheers to you. 🥂 💪 😎

For all you oldies but goodies (and the young guns as well), here's a couple old photos of this old man back in the early 90s rockin some OG Jordans during a high school basketball game ballin up the competition

Yes I already know the pics are in black and white lol

And Yes, I rocked #23 cause I wanted to be like Mike
20211204_223732.jpg

20211204_223956.jpg

Can you guess the shoes?

Back
Top Bottom