Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Whats the reason they don’t go with really low ep like ogs? Would think it would be cheaper overall. it’s almost half the height/material as the 22 and the 22s are much lower than years passed.

The question we've been asking for years! Nike gon' Nike. :smh:

The question we've been asking for years! Nike gon' Nike. :smh:

Yea that’s pretty much what it boils down to but just trying to see some sort of logic to it. Only thing I can think of is it’s easier for the machines to build the shoe with more material.

Yea that’s pretty much what it boils down to but just trying to see some sort of logic to it. Only thing I can think of is it’s easier for the machines to build the shoe with more material.

I'd love to know the actual reasoning. Until then it's just guesses unfortunately.

Even though they've lowered the EP on the toe over time, I feel like JB just LOVES elephant print, so the more the better in their opinion. :lol:

That was January 2022. The sneaker market has changed since then if you haven’t noticed.

No, YOU haven't noticed :rofl: it's BEEN like that for III's. They're just not the sought after model at the moment(even with the new mold). Most people that miss out on them want them after the fact i.e. UNC, Cool Grey etc but on initial release those pairs were hella easy to cop. Told you it would be a relatively easy cop lotta people cooked on the Fire Red release. Only a few weren't able to cop even in this thread. But like I said, let tiktok &big influencers get ahold though it would be different. I'm glad most who wanted a pair, copped.

I haven’t really participated in a release thread in awhile so This thread has delivered:

OOPs

Washed Michael Jordan discussions

Sculpted man legs modeling the shoes.

I don’t want to be that guy…can ya help me get a pair (wish it was a gal)

The were you sleeping posts.

Ya didn’t want to put in the work posts.

Shout out to the NT Fam. And shout to the DMV fam. I want mumbo sauce with my fried chicken wings.

Yup... everything we love about NT :nthat:

Bro….he got sculpted man legs. Can’t front…pause…no….

NT Threads are always classics (looks at the Lebron XX thread Last weekend).

I’ve never been a FR guy…prefer white cement IIIs or IVs or Brendas. But dope we got NA and higher quality over the TB and BC pairs.

Theses are a great retro. It's a fact.

But in addition to the butchered thickness/boldness of the EP, the entire upper of 3's is still shrunken/too low. This doesn't get discussed as much as the EP & toe shape. Not complaining just posting for discussion.

This pic shows the difference perfectly.

And remember how many times NT complained about the tongue leather not being rolled back over the red lining. Jb finally did it with this retro.

Someone mentioned these being comfier than the XIs.

I bought a pair of the Desert Elephants. Those are not comfy. So is it a competition of which is the most uncomfortable?

For real. Can you imagine the all the 94, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008 cdp, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018 retroes all had the tongue leather short below the lining. Small detail but it's amazing to wait since 1988 to get that thing right. :wow:.

But yeah to expect them to really properly fix the height and ep to original specifications would be ideal. We know that would be the end or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, YOU haven't noticed :rofl: it's BEEN like that for III's. They're just not the sought after model at the moment(even with the new mold). Most people that miss out on them want them after the fact i.e. UNC, Cool Grey etc but on initial release those pairs were hella easy to cop. Told you it would be a relatively easy cop lotta people cooked on the Fire Red release. Only a few weren't able to cop even in this thread. But like I said, let tiktok &big influencers get ahold though it would be different. I'm glad most who wanted a pair, copped.

UNC3s were not an easy cop

Picked up the 11.5 for pops so he should be happy.
20220911_173904.jpg

Comparison to ds '18 bc3. Bc3 is sz 10.5 and fr3 is sz 11...
20220911_174403.jpg

Sold my ds 88s to cams kicks for like $650 a year or so ago. I miss them, but will replace them with reimagineds..
20220911_174114.jpg

Back
Top Bottom