Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

lmao dude pulled up websters instead of the dozens of articles on the internet where nike clearly states what “remastered” meant to jb retros.

take your L and move on.
Why would I pull up a Nike article when he clearly doesn’t know what the word “remastered” means? I’m assuming y out didn’t either.

How can I make up something that’s clearly defined in the dictionary? Are y’all really that slow on here? You seriously don’t know what a remastered version of something is?

6F873E90-4958-44AC-96D8-936577C6745E.jpeg

Strangely the word "Remastered" isn't listed in the official release of the shoes on the SNKRS app.

1663021760609.png

Original form isn't "Remastered".

You do realized that the remaster term was meant for the FR retro of 2006 and and 2013 right?

Or those retros where JB had change the molds/material/jumpman?

JB “remastered” term is define as retroing a jordan to be almost exact as the OG specs

Lol you actually have no clue what you’re talking about. All you have to do is a little research. They didn’t get serious about remastering until Spring 2015.

Strangely the word "Remastered" isn't listed in the official release of the shoes on the SNKRS app.

1663021760609.png

Original form isn't "Remastered".

I’m guessing you don’t know that they’re $210 instead of $200 because they’re considered “remastered.” You guys just be talking to talk lol.

Lol you actually have no clue what you’re talking about. All you have to do is a little research. They didn’t get serious about remastering until Spring 2015.
Right, this “remastered” fire red is suppose to be close to the OG as possible.

Because the 2006 and 2013 were far from being a close retro to the OG.

And every year since the 2015, they have been altering the molds to resemble an almost exact mold as the OG

do they though? let's not forget they retailed for $210. we should be expecting this level of quality for a shoe north of $200, not lauding nike and patting them on the back for a job well done.

also, these are 9/10 not 10/10. paint could be better but overall, best retro nike/jb has done in a while.
I mean considering this is NT where guys come to whine about every shoe. I’ve seen a lot less whining about this release. Actually been seeing a lot of praise so I would say yea it’s definitely a job well done.

Right, this “remastered” fire red is suppose to be close to the OG as possible.

Because the 2006 and 2013 were far from being a close retro to the OG.

And every year since the 2015, they have been altering the molds to resemble an almost exact mold as the OG
Remastered means to better the quality not just make it look as close to the OG. The sole purpose of remastering something is to make it better than the original. That’s literally the definition.

Got my shipping from YCMC, waiting for word on SNKRS order but I got the "Don't worry" email from them.

do they though? let's not forget they retailed for $210. we should be expecting this level of quality for a shoe north of $200, not lauding nike and patting them on the back for a job well done.

also, these are 9/10 not 10/10. paint could be better but overall, best retro nike/jb has done in a while.

Keep in mind that the OGs were $100 back in the day, which adjusted for inflation is like $256 now. Technically, we've been getting retros cheaper than the OGs for a long time.
strongthetruth strongthetruth , just read the beginning of this January 2015 article below straight from the horses mouth...

Well, he types in bold so doesn't that mean he must be right? :nerd:

Last edited:
Remastered means to better the quality not just make it look as close to the OG. The sole purpose of remastering something is to make it better than the original. That’s literally the definition.
You’re taking it to literally with JB . The shoe specs are the same as the OG. Nothing has changed, other than if we like to say “better craftsmanship”.

Again, I love how the FR 3 came out, copped me 4 pairs. Miles ahead from their earlier retro

I would considered, the Kobe proto, as a true update of the OG. As they have improve the specs on them.

Last edited:
But do you believe Jordan Brand stays true to definitions within a dictionary?
That’s a totally different conversation and very subjective. If Nike feels they created a better version of the shoe then yes they stuck to what they set out to do. What the customers think will very much vary. You can’t please everyone.

Uh huh take that take that

1663022688879.gif

We use the word ‘remaster’ pretty specifically because it’s about trying to get to the designer’s and athlete’s intent,” David Schecter said. “It’s not a remix, it’s the original product intent. What did Tinker originally want to create? What did Michael really want. That’s where were trying to get to.”

https://solecollector.com/news/2015...-know-about-jordan-brand-s-remastered-retros1

Keep in mind that the OGs were $100 back in the day, which adjusted for inflation is like $256 now. Technically, we've been getting retros cheaper than the OGs for a long time.
I hate this argument because I know people like you are much smarter than posts like this.

AJ 3s were high tech basketball shoes in 1988 when they released. In 2022, they are cheap to produce and the tech is literally decades old-they are worth nowhere near $256 as high tech performance basketball shoes like they were in 1988.

If we are going on based on definition then yes, it means make/improve better than the original. Improved specs, improve technology etc.

But, in JB terms “remastered” means retroing their shoes as close to the OG as possible.
I mean this with all due respect and I’m not saying you’re wrong at all, but do you not think the 2022 version was created with better technology and specs than the 1988 version? You think Nike is working with less technology and specs now than they had back then?

Did you not just see my post and link above. :lol:

He doesn't want to see your post. He's stubborn and believes what he wants to believe.

We've seen all the complaints about the past retros and in 2015 they decided to "Remaster" them.

In short, stop being cheap and try to make them like the originals.

But he believes the remastering was to make the shoes better than the originals and that's not the case.

They're trying to make them as close to the originals as possible. But due to manufacturing, products and materials it's very hard to have them exactly the same.

Uh huh take that take that

1663022688879.gif

We use the word ‘remaster’ pretty specifically because it’s about trying to get to the designer’s and athlete’s intent,” David Schecter said. “It’s not a remix, it’s the original product intent. What did Tinker originally want to create? What did Michael really want. That’s where were trying to get to.”

https://solecollector.com/news/2015...-know-about-jordan-brand-s-remastered-retros1
Exactly. What they originally wanted to create. Not what they settled on because technology wasn’t as advanced back then. What Tinker and MJ really wanted wasn’t 100% capable back then. That’s why they used the word “remaster.” Comprehension is key. The article actually went over your head.

Back
Top Bottom