Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

I think you’ll change your mind again. :lol:
I mean, anything is possible with me :rofl:
But I *probably* won't. Usually if I can make it past the initial wave of personal excitement without loading up right at launch, I return to my senses and realize I don't really need more. This isn't a shoe I'll treat/wear like I do with, say, Air Trainer 1s. I loaded up on those because I always beat them up. The only Jordans I truly wear like that are the playoff XI IEs, which is why I loaded up on those, too. Hell, I've been considering selling my DS pair of black-toe 13s just because it's been four years since the release and my worn pair still isn't anywhere near needing replacing.

Exactly. What they originally wanted to create. Not what they settled on because technology wasn’t as advanced back then. What Tinker and MJ really wanted wasn’t 100% capable back then. That’s why they used the word “remaster.” Comprehension is key. The article actually went over your head.

The article went under your head because you either didn't read or comprehend it.

I won't be able to go back and forth with you anymore because you're stubborn and in denial. You're wrong.

Everything You Need to Know About Jordan Brand’s Remastered Retros​

Remastered to be closer to its original quality, Jordan Brand is overhauling its retro program.​

https://solecollector.com/news/2015...-know-about-jordan-brand-s-remastered-retros1

Not being able to admit to being wrong is generally referred to as a genial trait, but I don't want to disrespect women by comparing them to you.

So we'll just say that you're being you.

Have a great afternoon \evening.

1663023807330.gif

Nah that's an easy one....

White/Cement
Black/Cement
Fire Red
True Blues
It’s honestly close to me. Can’t go wrong with any.

Wish I had all 4. But definitely grabbing the reimagined White Cements when they drop and I hope it’s a massive GR too like these were.

The article went under your head because you either didn't read or comprehend it.

I won't be able to go back and forth with you anymore because you're stubborn and in denial. You're wrong.

Everything You Need to Know About Jordan Brand’s Remastered Retros​

Remastered to be closer to its original quality, Jordan Brand is overhauling its retro program.​

https://solecollector.com/news/2015...-know-about-jordan-brand-s-remastered-retros1

Not being able to admit to being wrong is generally referred to as a genial trait, but I don't want to disrespect women by comparing them to you.

So we'll just say that you're being you.

Have a great afternoon \evening.

1663023807330.gif
It’s not about being right or wrong you’re just trying to complicate something that’s very simple. No company in ANY industry is attempting to give their customers a 30 year old product without making it BETTER in some form or fashion. That’s common sense in any business lol.

Hmm....These articles are all BS. Problem is people are trying to use logic when Nike is not applying logic; it's all marketing. The way I see it:

- JB saw that quality and shape were amiss and marketed it as "remastered" so they would look more like the OGs; that's also when we got NA back.
- They failed in so many ways, and keep re-spinning their marketing as they change/improve the molds and materials. ex. "original form"
- The price has NOTHING to do with the quality or inflation; they'll charge what they think they can get in the spirit of maximizing revenue.

A lot of OG Jordans had crap QC and inconsistencies that people like to ignore. I had the WC4s and vividly recall the tongue being all jagged and the heel inside the shoe got a hole like every other Jordan I purchased back then. They've gotten better at the tongue shape, the jumpman embroidery looks way better now, and I don't get the heel holes (though that could be b/c I don't wear them daily in school).

For 3s, we've seen pics with varying EP height and shade of grey. Current height seems overall still too high, but overall this particular retro looks amazing. Had they used better leather it truly would have been a sight to behold. That said, these are better than avg JB leather, and I'm loving mine!

It’s not about being right or wrong you’re just trying to complicate something that’s very simple. No company in ANY industry is attempting to give their customers a 30 year old product without making it BETTER in some form or fashion. That’s common sense in any business lol.

So they gave us 20-25 year old shoes that were worse in the past few years but went back to the drawing board in 2015 to make the product better for us.

1663024453699.gif

Thanks Nike

I get it now. He knows that he's wrong and doesn't have a point but just wants to talk to us a lot.

1663024567888.gif

Not trying to be that guy…but I’d pay $300 for them to protro all AJ retroes going forward with the original mold/details.

Also remaster was a terrible term to use to make their retroes accurate to the original shoe.

No company in ANY industry is attempting to give their customers a 30 year old product without making it BETTER in some form or fashion. That’s common sense in any business lol.
You’re straight up wrong.

And you’re wrong a second time because the retro is by no means better than the original. I had the original Fire Red’s and even though this is a solid retro, in no way are they better in any form or fashion. Even the leather cuts and quality don’t compare to the OG.

The remaster term was all a marketing gimmick to get us all to buy all over again. But they have gotten closer to the originals than years before 2015. The shoes from the 80s and 90s were not as durable as todays retros. The leathers were softer so they broke down quicker. Plus, we all wore our pairs everyday to school and on the courts. They lasted a year or so and thats it, on to the next pair. Today, the leathers and materials are more stiff overall. They last longer but comfort gets compromised. We are also not wearing the same pairs everyday like we did when we were younger. So JB has to figure out ways to keep us coming back. Whether its "remaster". "reimagine", "lost and found", or what ever the hell they will come up with next. My point is, these terms are not to be taken literal. Because I have yet to see a retro better than its original.

You’re straight up wrong.

And you’re wrong a second time because the retro is by no means better than the original. I had the original Fire Red’s and even though this is a solid retro, in no way are they better in any form or fashion. Even the leather cuts and quality don’t compare to the OG.
B2D14A26-E0EC-4E2A-9000-D1A8931719E0.jpeg

$300 is a no from me unless they intend to create 1:1 retros and dive deep into archives to find the development details and purchase the rights to and trademark of the original Durabuck™ that was used on many models from I want to say '89-'93 or '99 maybe. They'd also need to bring back the open cell polyurethane midsoles which are softer right out of the box albeit crumbling apart within 10 or so years. Any leather based shoes had better be genuine leather, no synthetic crap, and the list goes on. Drop like 1 or 2 OG colorways a year that are completely 1:1 and yeah, I MIGHT be willing to pay $300 but even then, that means if I were to want multiples I'd be paying nearly $1K just for like 3 pairs of say, Black Metallic 5s.

The remaster term was all a marketing gimmick to get us all to buy all over again. But they have gotten closer to the originals than years before 2015. The shoes from the 80s and 90s were not as durable as todays retros. The leathers were softer so they broke down quicker. Plus, we all wore our pairs everyday to school and on the courts. They lasted a year or so and thats it, on to the next pair. Today, the leathers and materials are more stiff overall. They last longer but comfort gets compromised. We are also not wearing the same pairs everyday like we did when we were younger. So JB has to figure out ways to keep us coming back. Whether its "remaster". "reimagine", "lost and found", or what ever the hell they will come up with next. My point is, these terms are not to be taken literal. Because I have yet to see a retro better than its original.
You literally said shoes today are more durable and last longer. By all accounts that is considered better by most consumers because their money is lasting longer. I think a lot of us on here forget that they’re just shoes. The more wear the better.

$300 is a no from me unless they intend to create 1:1 retros and dive deep into archives to find the development details and purchase the rights to and trademark of the original Durabuck™ that was used on many models from I want to say '89-'93 or '99 maybe. They'd also need to bring back the open cell polyurethane midsoles which are softer right out of the box albeit crumbling apart within 10 or so years. Any leather based shoes had better be genuine leather, no synthetic crap, and the list goes on. Drop like 1 or 2 OG colorways a year that are completely 1:1 and yeah, I MIGHT be willing to pay $300 but even then, that means if I were to want multiples I'd be paying nearly $1K just for like 3 pairs of say, Black Metallic 5s.

Ummm the only way I'm paying $300 retail is if I'm alive in the year 3022!

1663025712300.gif

Exactly. For $300 they need to go back to the better materials just as a starter.

You literally said shoes today are more durable and last longer. By all accounts that is considered better by most consumers because their money is lasting longer. I think a lot of us on here forget that they’re just shoes. The more wear the better.
But if comfort takes a hit, then how is that better. Your right, they are just shoes. But to the normal person, they want it to be comfortable. I dont want my shoes looking washed before they finally feel good to wear.

Umm....Butchered? Nah. Leather was garbage, but left shoe shape was awesome (right toe box not so much). Overall shape isn't any better or worse than any other recent 4. But yes, they do need to do the FR3/AM90 "remaster" on the 4s!

Buy a pair of boots for the winter and you wont need to double up on anything.

Back
Top Bottom