Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

kinda
My second pair came in, from Livestock in Canada. Can't believe I ordered these Thursday and they got here to LA from Winnipeg quicker than half the SNKRs orders from release day :smh:
Lucked out this time and got a pretty much flawless pair. I see no issues with build quality or paint, and thankfully both shoes have tumbled leather LOL.
ONLY nit I can pick is that the EP on the front of the left shoe is a bit lower than the right shoe, but the difference appears exaggerated in my pics compared to how they look sitting side by side on the floor (how they'll look on foot) in real life. I don't even consider the right shoe EP to be "high," it's just that the left shoe's is even lower. Overall, I couldn't realistically have hoped for a better pair unless I was able to comb through pairs in a store and mix and match. Thanks again for pointing me to that store, @martin2scla, sorry you aren't happy with your pair from the same place.

IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg
if you sniped my pair. Waiting on a size 10

That left shoe is :nthat:crazy they couldnt even match ep height on the same pair smh
Yup, but I'm not even sweating it, though. The right shoe looks totally fine, too. Wish it was that same millimeter lower like the left shoe, but it's whatever. Fire pair, especially when you're at the mercy of just getting what they send you when you order sight unseen online.
kinda

if you sniped my pair. Waiting on a size 10
Nope, sz 11 :lol:

Idk what it is but every time I get a pair of 3's the tumbled leather is always different on both shoes and whats annoying about this is they end up creasing differently. Either way, this is definitely my fav Jordan release of the year.
I’m expecting my next two pairs to be duds with the gross crinkly leather

I’m expecting my next two pairs to be duds with the gross crinkly leather
Unforunately I think thats just the way it is with tumbled leather sneakers. Having said that, you should saw my white cements i had years ago legit one pair had smooth leather and the other had super tumbled leather and on top of that, the elephant print color was different on both. One was light and one was dark. I felt both the left and right almost looked like different sneakers.

These updated toeboxes look overly flat and it’s more noticeable when worn. I noticed the Chicago 2’s also have this problem :smh:

Looks like Herbert Sports did me a favor by cancelling my order

What do you mean? The slant from the top collar to the toe is near perfect.

These updated toeboxes look overly flat and it’s more noticeable when worn. I noticed the Chicago 2’s also have this problem :smh:

Looks like Herbert Sports did me a favor by cancelling my order

OGs were mad flat on the toe, I’m just glad they stopped with the big boot toe we were getting for a while.

So you prefer the banana toe?
Yeah, exactly. However you want to describe these toe boxes, they're far, far better than what we had been getting for years.

I don't know; these are comfortable for a retro 3. Only way to improve them would be to lower the air bag PSI for those of us who aren't big dudes to make the air unit more active. OR, a protro version.

Yes, those are toe boxes ;-). You want them curved up or more slanted?
Although they are improved they’re still slightly off and uncomfortable. A little less flat in the center of the box like the OG…the shape is flat but still has roundness which offers room for your toes
C7896AB4-894C-43DC-BA0E-0BEB4C413F11.jpeg

Although they are improved they’re still slightly off and uncomfortable. A little less flat in the center of the box like the OG…the shape is flat but still has roundness which offers room for your toes
C7896AB4-894C-43DC-BA0E-0BEB4C413F11.jpeg

Nah, that's either from poor construction, or stretching from wear. The leather on retros isn't good enough to wear like that, and most people don't wear their shoes enough to break them in like we used to back in the day even if the leather was good enough to conform with wear.

Unforunately I think thats just the way it is with tumbled leather sneakers. Having said that, you should saw my white cements i had years ago legit one pair had smooth leather and the other had super tumbled leather and on top of that, the elephant print color was different on both. One was light and one was dark. I felt both the left and right almost looked like different sneakers.

My UNCs have mismatched toe boxes.. but I am grateful to hit on the one pair I did, still one of my favorite pairs of 3s.

Why don’t you wait until they break in.
I’ll try my best but pwguy pwguy says the leather doesn’t have any give

Nah, that's either from poor construction, or stretching from wear. The leather on retros isn't good enough to wear like that, and most people don't wear their shoes enough to break them in like we used to back in the day even if the leather was good enough to conform with wear.

I say if you wear them enough you’ll find them comfortable. Just takes time.

I'm not saying these won't conform with enough wear. The leather I'm seeing is softer than any other 3 I have (but the last 3 I bought was before they improved the shape with the BCs in '18). Anyway, I hope they work out for those complaining about the comfort. I'm loving m pair.

My second pair came in, from Livestock in Canada. Can't believe I ordered these Thursday and they got here to LA from Winnipeg quicker than half the SNKRs orders from release day :smh:
Lucked out this time and got a pretty much flawless pair. I see no issues with build quality or paint, and thankfully both shoes have tumbled leather LOL.
ONLY nit I can pick is that the EP on the front of the left shoe is a bit lower than the right shoe, but the difference appears exaggerated in my pics compared to how they look sitting side by side on the floor (how they'll look on foot) in real life. I don't even consider the right shoe EP to be "high," it's just that the left shoe's is even lower. Overall, I couldn't realistically have hoped for a better pair unless I was able to comb through pairs in a store and mix and match. Thanks again for pointing me to that store, @martin2scla, sorry you aren't happy with your pair from the same place.

IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg

Yikes! You ain't lyin' man!!! The height difference of the EP MOST DEFINITELY sticks out!!!

:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
nike must have 1 employee shipping all of these. no way any normal operation would take this long to get packages out

I agree :emoji_100:%. My pair I got on release day, is JUST now shipping today.

Back
Top Bottom