Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg
Yeah, I can definitely see the difference at both angles.

My second pair came in, from Livestock in Canada. Can't believe I ordered these Thursday and they got here to LA from Winnipeg quicker than half the SNKRs orders from release day :smh:
Lucked out this time and got a pretty much flawless pair. I see no issues with build quality or paint, and thankfully both shoes have tumbled leather LOL.
ONLY nit I can pick is that the EP on the front of the left shoe is a bit lower than the right shoe, but the difference appears exaggerated in my pics compared to how they look sitting side by side on the floor (how they'll look on foot) in real life. I don't even consider the right shoe EP to be "high," it's just that the left shoe's is even lower. Overall, I couldn't realistically have hoped for a better pair unless I was able to comb through pairs in a store and mix and match. Thanks again for pointing me to that store, @martin2scla, sorry you aren't happy with your pair from the same place.

IMG_0765.jpg

What would bother me more is the terrible bold EP on the right pair's toe compared to the left. Looks like 2 different pairs of shoes.

Looking down at this pair on foot would be annoying if we're nit picking. :lol:

Helllllllls no! And only mentioning this because you bring it up. As I said before this a great retro but...

Look at this massive difference in the comparison pics below.

The slant from the top collar to the toe is SOOOOOOO off on the 2022's.

Fair point.

What would bother me more is the terrible bold EP on the right pair's toe compared to the left. Looks like 2 different pairs of shoes.

Looking down at this pair on foot would be annoying if we're nit picking. :lol:
:rofl:
I couldn’t care less, in person they’re absolutely fine. Seen many pairs far more “mismatched.” Believe me, I have OCD for this stuff and I’m pleased as punch with this pair. I’d get rid of them in a flash if I was at all bothered.

Helllllllls no! And only mentioning this because you bring it up. As I said before this a great retro but...

Look at this massive difference in the comparison pics below.

The slant from the top collar to the toe is SOOOOOOO off on the 2022's.

The OG pair is obviously stuffed. No one’s foot is shaped like that

Attachments

• 678BCAA3-4040-4A71-BA5C-5F4D487E7C17.jpeg
    678BCAA3-4040-4A71-BA5C-5F4D487E7C17.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 9C249C84-0C4F-427B-8E02-78F502D6E1D2.jpeg
    9C249C84-0C4F-427B-8E02-78F502D6E1D2.jpeg
    392 KB · Views: 315
The OG pair is obviously stuffed. No one’s foot is shaped like that

Ok, then lets look another picture of an OG pair...Remember, we're only talking about slant from collar to toe for this particular convo.

air-jordan-3-history-3-19.jpg

Compare this pic above to the 2022's and you'll see the same difference shape wise I was referencing.

Look at the OG pair you posted as an example. The slant from the collar to the toe is extremely different in the example you used.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don’t think you can compare a DS 2022 pair to a heavily used pair from 88. West and time make the older pair different than a brand new DS 88 pair in 1988.

Ok, then compare it to the DS pair from 88 I just posted above.

I couldn’t care less, in person they’re absolutely fine. Seen many pairs far more “mismatched.” Believe me, I have OCD for this stuff and I’m pleased as punch with this pair. I’d get rid of them in a flash if I was at all bothered.
Yeah, on foot no one is inspecting or really concerned with the little differences. This stuff has been going on since the beginning.

As long as you're HAPPY with em, OG. That's ALL that matters. I wasn't throwing shade or anything. I was just commenting on the differences.

:emoji_100:

Got 2nd pair from Hibbett. Pull out first sneaker. Looked good. Pulled out second sneaker. Also looked good but EP was darker and thicker. :lol:

0F4855AE-B0A9-4A59-AA5C-503B61F7A150.jpeg

Yeah still no update on my Nike order. Order hasn’t been cancelled, so at least that I guess. Really mad at myself for forgetting about NEX and not copping from there.

Last edited:
Mine are like that too. Probably worse actually. I’m still happy with my pair as well. Besides I have better things to do than nitpick a minor detail on 1 pair of a zillion that I have.

these squeak for me. Not too bad but still evident. The recent purple-e 3’s do not. Prob something to do with the leather vs suede collar.

My second pair came in, from Livestock in Canada. Can't believe I ordered these Thursday and they got here to LA from Winnipeg quicker than half the SNKRs orders from release day :smh:
Lucked out this time and got a pretty much flawless pair. I see no issues with build quality or paint, and thankfully both shoes have tumbled leather LOL.
ONLY nit I can pick is that the EP on the front of the left shoe is a bit lower than the right shoe, but the difference appears exaggerated in my pics compared to how they look sitting side by side on the floor (how they'll look on foot) in real life. I don't even consider the right shoe EP to be "high," it's just that the left shoe's is even lower. Overall, I couldn't realistically have hoped for a better pair unless I was able to comb through pairs in a store and mix and match. Thanks again for pointing me to that store, @martin2scla, sorry you aren't happy with your pair from the same place.

IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg

Damn man, those look GREAT!

Most shoes that come from Nike are never exactly the same there is always flaws. I have have pairs that look off.

It's weird that I've rarely if ever heard anyone mention that a pair are of shoes didn't look the same or weren't identical until this thread!

1663640042186.gif

Sure nothing's perfect and there's minuscule differences in everything, but one should be able to look at your shoes and clearly see a difference.

There shouldn't be different level heights, patters or cuts of leather in a single pair of shoes.

And to this day I've never noticed a difference in any pair of my shoes.

Mind you I don't stare at my shoes like this

1663640236780.gif

But I can't recall seeing a difference.

Back
Top Bottom