Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Pair #2 showed up from ebay and they are better looking than my pair from SNKRS. I didn't really care for the whole LN3, LN4, F-5, I-94 etc talk but decided to indulge in the nonsense and now my eyes have been opened. Maybe the LN stuff does matter (or its just pure coincidence)? 😱
LN4:
20220925_121410.jpg

LN3:
20220920_130239.jpg

LN3 vs LN4:
20220925_122640.jpg

Bonus shots:
20220925_122555.jpg

Usually I do not care enough to critique my sneakers to this extent but I figured I'd join in on the shenanigans. Never again though! :lol:

It's been a while since I checked in here. NT hasn't changed :lol: . Took a quick pic of my pair from the FTL raffle. Not sure what the differences are between LN3 or 4 but I looked at 2 pairs when I went to pick up. First pair had buttery leather and decent ep. 2nd pair had much stiffer leather. Went with the 1st pair. LN3.
IMG_20220925_102501~2.jpg
Great choice💯

Are you old enough to have been around then?

If so, what part of the country did you grow up in?

It was 100% legit to do during that era. Facts. Even if you didn't see it in your area, it was def part of the Hip Hop scene.
Sadly I’m plenty old enough.
Anyone doing that in the Detroit area I’m from was clowned endlessly LOL

Sadly I’m plenty old enough.
Anyone doing that in the Detroit area I’m from was clowned endlessly LOL

I believe that you're old enough, but I do not believe you actually witnessed this being clowned on in the late 80's/early 90's. Respectfully. :lol:

Curious, were you into Hip Hop back then?

Pair #2 showed up from ebay and they are better looking than my pair from SNKRS. I didn't really care for the whole LN3, LN4, F-5, I-94 etc talk but decided to indulge in the nonsense and now my eyes have been opened. Maybe the LN stuff does matter (or its just pure coincidence)? 😱
LN4:
20220925_121410.jpg

LN3:
20220920_130239.jpg

LN3 vs LN4:
20220925_122640.jpg

Bonus shots:
20220925_122555.jpg

Usually I do not care enough to critique my sneakers to this extent but I figured I'd join in on the shenanigans. Never again though! :lol:

3F3A2262-3203-4847-8FB0-FC34DDC5E5A8.gif

I believe that you're old enough, but I do not believe you actually witnessed this being clowned on in the late 80's/early 90's. Respectfully. :lol:

Curious, were you into Hip Hop back then?
In fact, sneakers were a big thing even back then in my school’s culture, as was hip hop. People got clowned just for wearing shoes the consensus opinion deemed as wack—including certain Jordans. I did indeed see someone try the tag thing. That was the first and last time LOL
My school was perhaps not the norm, but I can only go on what I personally experienced. And regardless of whether or not rocking the tag was accepted in some or many areas, it never looked cool. Of course, that’s just my personal subjective opinion.

In fact, sneakers were a big thing even back then in my school’s culture, as was hip hop. People got clowned just for wearing shoes the consensus opinion deemed as wack—including certain Jordans. I did indeed see someone try the tag thing. That was the first and last time LOL
My school was perhaps not the norm, but I can only go on what I personally experienced. And regardless of whether or not rocking the tag was accepted in some or many areas, it never looked cool. Of course, that’s just my personal subjective opinion.

Thanks for sharing your personal experience and extremely small sample size.

I can say though with 100% confidence, and the evidence is still there in now vintage magazines, music videos, photos, etc., that this was an acceptable and cool thing to do, particularly within the HIp Hop community during that era.

Thanks for sharing your personal experience and extremely small sample size.

I can say though with 100% confidence, and the evidence is still there in now vintage magazines, music videos, photos, etc., that this was an acceptable and cool thing to do, particularly within the HIp Hop community during that era.
That’s cool. Still looked asinine in my opinion, even more so today. I was really only ever expressing MY opinion that it’s lame LOL
People wanna do it, cool. If they like it, that’s all that matters.

That’s cool. Still looked asinine in my opinion, even more so today. I was really only ever expressing MY opinion that it’s lame LOL
People wanna do it, cool. If they like it, that’s all that matters.

Well to be fair, you replied to my original message of it being cool within an entire era, with "No it wasn't."

When in fact you were just talking about your tiny school in Detroit. :lol:

Regardless, we can certainly agree it is not a good look in 2022. :lol:

I do remember people wearing the Nike tag on shoes back then and I don't remember it being considered lame back then.

Everyone didn't do it but you wouldn't be looked at weird if the tag was still on.

Now I understand why some do it for nostalgia but I wouldn't do it. I even too them off while they're just in the box.

And I don't remember if they came with the flimsy stuff me or these

1664148954044.jpeg

back then?

Back
Top Bottom