Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

In fact, sneakers were a big thing even back then in my school’s culture, as was hip hop. People got clowned just for wearing shoes the consensus opinion deemed as wack—including certain Jordans. I did indeed see someone try the tag thing. That was the first and last time LOL
My school was perhaps not the norm, but I can only go on what I personally experienced. And regardless of whether or not rocking the tag was accepted in some or many areas, it never looked cool. Of course, that’s just my personal subjective opinion.
I’ve always thought wearing the tag is stupid, on shoes, on hats, etc. It’s just freaking dumb and the idiots that started it are just that, idiots. That’s just my personal opinion and it will never change.

D9B10839-79E9-45CC-90C2-3064AC635641.jpeg

Pulled em out for a birthday party today :nthat:

As a kid in the 80s and 90s, the hangtag being on the shoe made no sense to me. It was more like the tag that came on the new toy or t shirt, that you just knew to cut off. I did not see it often. But I did see it. To me it takes away from the shoe and allows people to focus more on the hangtag flopping around more than the shoe itself.

I do remember people wearing the Nike tag on shoes back then and I don't remember it being considered lame back then.

Everyone didn't do it but you wouldn't be looked at weird if the tag was still on.

Now I understand why some do it for nostalgia but I wouldn't do it. I even too them off while they're just in the box.

And I don't remember if they came with the flimsy stuff me or these

1664148954044.jpeg

back then?
Some wore them on their shoes back then some didn't. I had my tag hanging from my set of keys. Some cats hung it on the rear view mirror in the ride.

Well to be fair, you replied to my original message of it being cool within an entire era, with "No it wasn't."

When in fact you were just talking about your tiny school in Detroit. :lol:

Regardless, we can certainly agree it is not a good look in 2022. :lol:
I mean, someone could say New Kids on the Block were at one point cool. And I’d also reply, no they weren’t.
:rofl:

I mean, someone could say New Kids on the Block were at one point cool. And I’d also reply, no they weren’t.
:rofl:

You probably def liked New Kids back in the day. :lol:

To the point, to millions of people New Kids were cool at the time. Same with the hangtag thing during an era.

You could have avoided this convo by saying something like..."To me, personally, the hangtag on kicks back in the day was something I never liked." And that would have been it. But instead you tried to speak on a whole era/generation as if something never happened. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
You probably def liked New Kids back in the day. :lol:

To the point, to millions of people New Kids were cool at the time. Same with the hangtag thing during an era.

You could have avoided this convo by saying something like..."To me, personally, the hangtag on kicks back in the day was something I never liked." And that would have been it. But instead you tried to speak on a whole era/generation as if something never happened. :lol: :smh:
I’d rather have the silly conversation.
I never said it didn’t happen. I said it was never actually a cool thing to do. Or at least that’s what I meant LOL
But anyway …

PS No way in hell I ever liked New Kids. I was into Metallica and all that stuff back then :lol:

I’ve always thought wearing the tag is stupid, on shoes, on hats, etc. It’s just freaking dumb and the idiots that started it are just that, idiots. That’s just my personal opinion and it will never change.
I dunno the new era 59 50 sticker era was a thing lol

IMO wearing the hang tag on the shoe is akin to wearing the brand label on a suit which I still see on occasion. Was that a thing in the 80's and 90's?

You obviously have no direct ties to urban culture because thats where wearing the tags originated

Unless you're tearing the tags out of all your clothes, you're wearing the tag too

Back
Top Bottom