Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Crazy to still see these 3s still on shelves in certain spots... Amazing to see...
20221008_130601.jpg
I was at Champs today and I asked one of the employees why I always hear about retros on shelves in other parts of the country, but never in my store.

He said we’re a smaller city and get one size run. Compared to bigger cities that may get six or seven. Eugene has 170,000 people…230,000 if you include the adjoining town of Springfield.

And we founded Nike g-damn it.

…can we get some Jordans for god’s sake?

This is what running out of the ppp loan looks like. I knew a lot of people got those checks but I looked on that site that tells you everyone who received the loan and it's.much more than I thought. Idk what took me so long but I just caught on to why essentially everyone I knew was able to take a trip to Cancun last year lol

This is what running out of the ppp loan looks like. I knew a lot of people got those checks but I looked on that site that tells you everyone who received the loan and it's.much more than I thought. Idk what took me so long but I just caught on to why essentially everyone I knew was able to take a trip to Cancun last year lol
A lot of those people going to jail :rofl:

Agreed...PPP loan created resellers as well... Can't tell how many cats in my region tried to buy shoes off of people right out the store... Got annoying to see some people caved in and sold their pairs for like $30 over retail not knowing they went for way more... I knew it wasn't a simple cash out and go back and grab another pair, but others didn't.

The Pandemic created a tough spot for all consumers wanting personal pairs. New bots were created for all of the online purchases because instore purchases weren't available. Now we see that stimulus and loan money fading. People have to prioritize now. It's either buy up these shoes hoping to not sit on them long or save.

Nike rolled out their new policy stopping people buying bulk pairs and cancelling. Accounts will be jeopardized. DTC will let us see how many locations in certain areas will be allocated pairs... Finally we can breathe and pick pairs up on release day. Even more so on discount...

I wish I had got that damn loan... I actually want to start a business and that would have def helped in getting a food truck, but I wasnt even thinking about that.

There's a plethora of food trucks in my area. And YES they make a killin... From my job to the schools to the summer and now fall festivals. Even random spots in town.. I rather get a bite to eat from them than to wait in line 30 minutes and my food still be wrong...SMH...

Agreed...PPP loan created resellers as well... Can't tell how many cats in my region tried to buy shoes off of people right out the store... Got annoying to see some people caved in and sold their pairs for like $30 over retail not knowing they went for way more... I knew it wasn't a simple cash out and go back and grab another pair, but others didn't.

The Pandemic created a tough spot for all consumers wanting personal pairs. New bots were created for all of the online purchases because instore purchases weren't available. Now we see that stimulus and loan money fading. People have to prioritize now. It's either buy up these shoes hoping to not sit on them long or save.

Nike rolled out their new policy stopping people buying bulk pairs and cancelling. Accounts will be jeopardized. DTC will let us see how many locations in certain areas will be allocated pairs... Finally we can breathe and pick pairs up on release day. Even more so on discount...

Yeah, so many of these over night resellers made the past couple years sickening. I don't hate on resellers at all and have resold myself but that was like 99% discounted kicks flipped online. But these "I'm a business man" clowns got really annoying. It wasn't even the reselling. It was the arrogance. Thinking they were some type of savant but it was just timing and access to mom and dad's credit card or stimulus checks and PPP loans. Kind of like loan officers and real estate agents who only started selling over the last few years. Of course you're killing it now but let's see how you do when you actually have to earn people's business. Sold insurance during the recession. At times every sale felt like a hostage negotiation 😂.

PPP and stimulus money been ended. The economy is in the crapper right now. Mortgage rates are over 7%, gas prices are starting to climb again and it seems like every week, the grocery bill gets larger. If you can drop $220 on sneakers right now without worrying about how you're recouping that money, you're in a good place right now compared to many.

PPP and stimulus money been ended. The economy is in the crapper right now. Mortgage rates are over 7%, gas prices are starting to climb again and it seems like every week, the grocery bill gets larger. If you can drop $220 on sneakers right now without worrying about how you're recouping that money, you're in a good place right now compared to many.
PPP loans were still in full effect at the beginning of this year. I know that for a fact... But I agree with you as well. It's not just one thing, it's all the things we mentioned combined. Inflation, ppp lick running out, and people having to be more selective. I still think we're also underestimating how much Zadeh going down impacted the market. If I remember correctly, resell started tanking and shoes started tanking shortly after the feds got him. The timing may have just been a coincidence but I like to think that wasn't the case. A lot of "resellers" were copping from him as well if I remember correctly.

I wish I had got that damn loan... I actually want to start a business and that would have def helped in getting a food truck, but I wasnt even thinking about that.
Same.. I’m trying to start a car repair business in the next 2-3 years and if I coulda just got 50k-100k I’d already be up and running. But at the time I wasn’t even thinking about the PPP thing, didn’t have any idea it was basically a free taxpayer money giveaway program to anybody who can fill out a form.

Careful with food trucks. Unless you have someone else manning it, it's not a business; it's basically buying yourself a job, while taking on all the risk, no benefits, etc. A real business generates positive cash flow while you, the owner, is NOT there. In addition, it should be scalable (in this example, multiple trucks generating positive cash flow without you working on any of the trucks).

There was so much PPP fraud that Biden instituted a special task force to hunt them down. I expect those who stole/misused smaller amounts likely won't hit the radar, but the big abusers will get fined/go to jail. Legit businesses who followed the rules got loans forgiven, and this program was a great success for them, keeping their businesses alive and people employed.

Back
Top Bottom