Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Pic after pic just seems like this will be a hard release to get. I talked to some foot stores by me and they usually only raffel up to size 13. Being a 14 I might be pulling up tabs and tabs trying to cop. Love these shoes. Gotta have them. Bump up the release day JB....I don't mind.

Pic after pic just seems like this will be a hard release to get.
You're right.  This release will be a giant pain in the neck.  Do not sleep on these if you want them, it's always worth a shot online on release day or raffles if you're on the lookout for when they're held.   But I have no inside info or hook-ups or anything, so I'm skeptical of my chances.  The thirst for these is R-E-A-L.

I will do raffles in a couple malls in my area and then try my luck online. Just looking for 1 pair. If I strike out, I don't think I will do resell.

^ Agreed.  I'll take a crack at them online, if I whiff, I whiff.  Not about to mess with reseller prices on these.  Retail or I wasn't meant to have them.

I don't see these being a problem. Hype just isn't as high as the cements or the flu games, and that's even outside of NT

I don't see these being a problem. Hype just isn't as high as the cements or the flu games, and that's even outside of NT

Agreed
And for whatever reason, I never really felt like people hated the jumpman on the retro V's as much as the III and IV.
Something about the III and IV models really looked terrible with the Jumpman, and people were fiending for something to take it back to 89-99
The 07 V's were actually pretty decent other than the logo, so the thirst isn't as great

Ya'll are wishful crazy. Its going to be just like the cements, especially considering all the double ups.

Cements were really easy though?
Originally Posted by AirSakuragi  

They were, I was trying SNKRS for the free shipping but the app was responding with error messages. I secured off of footlocker.com
tired.gif

Hell to da naw @AirSakuragi & @bballermarkie. Maybe on that SNKRS app BS, but EB, FL, FTL Champ's & FA.com... That ish was "Mortal Kombat: Trilogy" hard. They pretty much all timed out on me several times, until I finally got through on FL. It took almost 2 hours.

Cements were really easy though?

They were, I was trying SNKRS for the free shipping but the app was responding with error messages. I secured off of footlocker.com

|I​

Hell to da naw @AirSakuragi
& @bballermarkie
. Maybe on that SNKRS app BS, but EB, FL, FTL Champ's & FA.com... That ish was "Mortal Kombat: Trilogy" hard. They pretty much all timed out on me several times, until I finally got through on FL. It took almost 2 hours.

If you left the house they were everywhere.

Online releases aren't really indicative

Every release is hard for at least someone. But to my knowledge, anyone who got up early, got multiple raffles, or tried with effort got a pair with no problems, crazy lines, fights, or craziness like with the 12s releases.

Everyone doesn't live in a hotspot. Internet orders are all most people have. I live in the 2nd biggest region of the state Nike itself resides in, our mall is a complete waste of time. No love whatsoever.

I love the flexibility of the 5's.  I can do a 12, 12.5, or 13 and be Gucci.  I already expect these to have a high level of thirst, so I'm happy for the fluctuation in size I can wear.

Agreed
And for whatever reason, I never really felt like people hated the jumpman on the retro V's as much as the III and IV.
Something about the III and IV models really looked terrible with the Jumpman, and people were fiending for something to take it back to 89-99
The 07 V's were actually pretty decent other than the logo, so the thirst isn't as great
The 3M 5 was ruined by the Jumpman. The NA only looks good on the 3M and BM, and Grapes. BM looks fresh either way, so I see your point. Black tongue legit looks weird every time I see it with NA.

I didn't really stress the change on the 3 besides on the TB/FR and Gentry/MJ logic.
All OG 4s need NA
6's were least impacted

The 3M 5 was ruined by the Jumpman. The NA only looks good on the 3M and BM, and Grapes. BM looks fresh either way, so I see your point. Black tongue legit looks weird every time I see it with NA.

I didn't really stress the change on the 3 besides on the TB/FR and Gentry/MJ logic.
All OG 4s need NA
6's were least impacted
all of the 6s except for the black infrareds. At least the infrareds, carmines, and sport blues kept their general aesthetic with the jumpman. Blk Infrareds lost the durabuck and leather/durabuck heel which completely changed the look so at least a nike air would help

all of the 6s except for the black infrareds. At least the infrareds, carmines, and sport blues kept their general aesthetic with the jumpman. Blk Infrareds lost the durabuck and leather/durabuck heel which completely changed the look so at least a nike air would help
What does the Jumpman have to do with the materials on the shoe?

What does the Jumpman have to do with the materials on the shoe?
my comment was speaking to aesthetics, the whole og look of the black infras has been changed so much compared to the other og 6s that the nike air would have at least done the shoe some justice.

If it says AIR underneath the Jumpman then its an absolute eyesore. That's the worst possible thing they can put on the back of the shoes. To me it says 'Jordan Air' and I'd assume most people see it that way as well. It doesn't make any sense. We've been associating Nike with AIR since day one. Just a Jumpman alone is tolerable but when it says AIR underneath it just looks payless generic. Add that to the whole plastic leather era attached to it and its not a good look at all. 

Even with the Jumpman without Air underneath it still looks tacky af. I like balance, I don't need to see the Jumpman logo more than once on a shoe to know its a Jordan. The Nike Air balances everything out. A Jumpman on the tongue AND on the heel is painfully redundant.

Jordans should have one Jumpman on the upper and one on the sole. Period. They knew it during the golden era and they should know better now. Less is more. 

my comment was speaking to aesthetics, the whole og look of the black infras has been changed so much compared to the other og 6s that the nike air would have at least done the shoe some justice.
I believe them using better materials would make the shoe better, not just adding Nike Air.

Originally Posted by AirSakuragi  ​

I believe them using better materials would make the shoe better, not just adding Nike Air.
I think if we got both, everyone would be satisfied @AirSakuragi & @tonytobacco. We should get better materials, Nike Air, OG heights, shapes & superb comfort... Payin' $220+ for tech that's almost 30 years old. It's a shame we can't even actually get that, when you think about it. That next price increase is goin' to be cringe worthy, if don't at least go back to the OG shapes... And use better materials overall, also.
 ​
Reps to you both though.
 ​
glasses.gif

Last edited:

I think if we got both, everyone would be satisfied @AirSakuragi & @tonytobacco. We should get better materials, Nike Air, OG heights, shapes & superb comfort... Payin' $220+ for tech that's almost 30 years old. It's a shame we can't even actually get that, when you think about it. That next price increase is goin' to be cringe worthy, if don't at least go back to the OG shapes... And use better materials overall, also.
 ​
Reps to you both though.
 ​
glasses.gif
This^ I felt like this about all the past price hikes... Another one of those and I'm out the JB side of sneaker collecting..

Back
Top Bottom