Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I'm an odd ball I actually like the rush and excitement of copping...they always mean more to me...example flu games...tried for an hour straight then got on snkrs and felt like gucci mane 1st day out tha feds lol...some have super busy lives tho and can't be on it like that so I'm not hating just my 25 cents

I'm not against people obtaining shoes in different manners. I just don't like striking out, I rather pay the extra to avoid the craziness. I do feel differently about my other shoes that I stood outside, raffle pairs, or bought online on RD then the pre order pairs I've got.
But I rather feel different about them then miss out altogether. All the effort and time a person gives to obtain a pair of shoes just to miss out? It won't be me anymore.

Year the $20 extra and basically $5 shipping would make it an easy choice for me too if I wanted them. You can't put a price on peace and sleep.

I won't be picking these up. I copped the 2000's, 06's and the 11's. I'm burnt out on these.

Plus, not feeling the blue bottoms.

These are looking good. I love the Grape V's, but the Metallic V is the quintessential Jordan V.

I still refuse to pay more than retail for any shoe, so I'll wait until release day to get a pair (or two :nerd: ).

Only thing I can say: New York people man

View media item 2047481

Oddly enough this is the reaction most of us have to you

:rofl:

Nobody likes slanted toe boxes except OG stans tho. The 

2000 and Flight 89 style is how it should be.

Tell that people in New Balance, Air Max 1 and 90 threads. Many of whom use irons to fix the toe boxes.

Yeah don't even begin to argue with newer members. All they do is show 2-3 photos of a shoe they've never owned and try to educate/elaborate on something they know absolutely nothing about. But they don't stop to save face, yet shutting up would work in their best interest.

damn my b...false alarm..it is for the low top 5s:smh:

How did you not know what product's raffle you entered??

:rofl:

damn shoes got an admin and a mod comin out the woodwork :lol:

I feel like I'm starting to lean away from buying these.

Need to take stock of my shoe collection and get rid of some. Age is catching up to pairs.

I feel like I'm starting to lean away from buying these.

Need to take stock of my shoe collection and get rid of some. Age is catching up to pairs.
Why not wear them before they get to that point?  If you don't wear your shoes, why do you care about their current condition?  Unless it's for resale purposes?  It's sad to think about how many people spend months looking forward to a launch, talking about them, and putting in a lot of effort to get them.  Then stash them away to focus on the next release.  Years pass and they become unwearable and unsellable (b/c they're unwearable, or the latest retro dropped making the previous one generally undesirable).  If you wear a shoe, most will last for 20+ years in terms of decomposition.  If you wear them out, great, that means  you enjoyed them, and you can surely buy a newer release and wear them again.

If you're a collector and display them or look at them regularly, then the age won't matter.  Anyway, I don't get all of the energy some of us put into getting shoes only to have them rot away in the closet, and then we sell them.  Such a crazy cycle!

And StockX is complete BS.  Shoes are nothing like stocks.  Even shoes you have that are worth money, retail, or more, try selling them....it will take weeks, months, or never.  These aren't assets that can be easily liquidated, and they lose value as they get re-retroed.  Jordan Geller from Shoezeum was a genius for selling off his collection when he did, right as the re-retroing launches began to accelerate making his collection less valuable!

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  I have borderline too many pairs to reasonably wear, which I'm trying to do now.  I'll never sell them, and want to enjoy wearing them.  I don't think I can go over 50 pairs and reasonably get to wearing them all....

Last edited:

I think you straight up overreacted to my comment. I wear all of my shoes. But shoes that are 10+ years old even if worn semi regularly will start to shown signs of wear. Paint cracking/splitting, midsole seperation, fading/discoloration, air and zoom bag deflation. I don't want to wear shoes looking like that. So after a while I get rid of them. Be that through eBay, Platos Closet, or Goodwill donations.

Regardless at the end of the day it's my money.

This will be the 3rd $220 remastered Jordan. I feel these are in between the maroon VI and cement IV as far as hype/want. the $220 price tag really is a big detractor for most, especially the small time resellers. There won't be much in the way of profit for these after they release.

Why not wear them before they get to that point?  If you don't wear your shoes, why do you care about their current condition?  Unless it's for resale purposes?  It's sad to think about how many people spend months looking forward to a launch, talking about them, and putting in a lot of effort to get them.  Then stash them away to focus on the next release.  Years pass and they become unwearable and unsellable (b/c they're unwearable, or the latest retro dropped making the previous one generally undesirable).  If you wear a shoe, most will last for 20+ years in terms of decomposition.  If you wear them out, great, that means  you enjoyed them, and you can surely buy a newer release and wear them again.

If you're a collector and display them or look at them regularly, then the age won't matter.  Anyway, I don't get all of the energy some of us put into getting shoes only to have them rot away in the closet, and then we sell them.  Such a crazy cycle!

And StockX is complete BS.  Shoes are nothing like stocks.  Even shoes you have that are worth money, retail, or more, try selling them....it will take weeks, months, or never.  These aren't assets that can be easily liquidated, and they lose value as they get re-retroed.  Michael Geller from Shoezeum was a genius for selling off his collection when he did, right as the re-retroing launches began to accelerate making his collection less valuable!

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  I have borderline too many pairs to reasonably wear, which I'm trying to do now.  I'll never sell them, and want to enjoy wearing them.  I don't think I can go over 50 pairs and reasonably get to wearing them all....
All of this, wear your kicks!! Cause once they age in 4-5 years they will be back again if you want them.. I'm loving the retro cycle honestly cause I wear my shoes and then replace when the time comes.

Just did a preorder with sobesoles. $30 over retail+tax for me so I dont have to drive around and do raffles, works for me. Hope they come sooner than the release day 

get a credit card bro. charge both pairs and then pay them off within a months time.
Already maxed out on other investments. 
embarassed.gif
 I'll be good to go in about 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom