Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Or just come up with your own fit. I never liked the rocking a pciture of the shoe your wearing on your shirt while wearing that shoe
I never liked this either. In fact I can't stand when shirts have a picture or graphic of the actual shoe. Most of the OG and earlier retro clothing did not. I think this trend started around the mid 00s. I MUCH prefer re-released OG style clothing.

I never liked this either. In fact I can't stand when shirts have a picture or graphic of the actual shoe. Most of the OG and earlier retro clothing did not. I think this trend started around the mid 00s. I MUCH prefer re-released OG style clothing.
Og clothing like the OG Warm Up that came out in 1990. I wonder if they will ever bring that back out, I would love to get the sweat pants.

An example of what I mean is this. This shirt was released around 2013, when the last wave of OG V colorways dropped. It's pretty close to the OG shirt style, and it goes great with the black/metallics. The only thing they didn't get right, besides slightly different number font, is that the background of the graphic looks like an elephant print pattern. On the OG shirts that were similar to this, it was splatter, which is a more appropriate match to the Vs (and/or the IVs).

As much as I like this shirt, I'd never give it a second look if it had a pic of the shoe on it. LOL. Either shirt is a great match with the black/metallics without going overboard IMO.

2013 Retro Shirt:

View media item 2084486
1990 OG Shirt:

View media item 2084490

Og clothing like the OG Warm Up that came out in 1990. I wonder if they will ever bring that back out, I would love to get the sweat pants.
They actually did bring back one full black and red AJ V warm up suit in late 2012; the matching pants had a single red pinstripe:

View media item 2084503
They also brought back the Grape jacket in Spring 2013, but for some reason not the Grape pants to go with it:

View media item 2084505
This is the one I'd like to see re-released most of all:

View media item 2084506
EDIT: In Summer/Fall 2013 they also released several more warm up suits under what they called the "Modernized Flight" line. The material was smoother and thinner, i.e. it was a lot different than the original thicker crinkly nylon. They did a boat load of different colors. One was even based on the Laneys:

View media item 2084527

Last edited:
An example of what I mean is this. This shirt was released around 2013, when the last wave of OG V colorways dropped. It's pretty close to the OG shirt style, and it goes great with the black/metallics. The only thing they didn't get right, besides slightly different number font, is that the background of the graphic looks like an elephant print pattern. On the OG shirts that were similar to this, it was splatter, which is a more appropriate match to the Vs (and/or the IVs).

As much as I like this shirt, I'd never give it a second look if it had a pic of the shoe on it. LOL. Either shirt is a great match with the black/metallics without going overboard IMO.

2013 Retro Shirt:

1990 OG Shirt:
Yes, we know what you were talking about. Some people charge a good bit of my for the apparel and the apparel now is just stupid.

They actually did bring back one full black and red AJ V warm up suit in late 2012; the matching pants had a single red pinstripe:

View media item 2084503
They also brought back the Grape jacket in Spring 2013, but for some reason not the Grape pants to go with it:

View media item 2084505

View media item 2084506
EDIT: In Summer/Fall 2013 they also released several more warm up suits under what they called the "Modernized Flight" line. The material was smoother and thinner, i.e. it was a lot different than the original thicker crinkly nylon. They did a boat load of different colors. One was even based on the Laneys:

View media item 2084527
YES, those! I want that pants so bad! I may search on ebay for a pair..lol

I'm team matchy, but I dont usually buy the Jordan/Nike clothes that match with the show. I like my shoes and fit to stand out and have people say damn that's dope how he matched those shoes with that I don't see anyone else wearing that. Those websites (sneakergallery.com and njdriveclothing.com) at least one person in your town The Fresh Prince The Fresh Prince will have that shirt with those kicks. I will admit I bought this shirt (below) because I liked the song and design. But I usually find unique stuff from Pacsun, lord & taylor, neiman marcus, or some different store/online store most sneakerheads don't shop at.

JUMPMANmock_white_1_6a13a4bb-4ad9-44b7-8875-b51383a61755_large.jpg

Last edited:
I'm team matchy, but I dont usually buy the Jordan/Nike clothes that match with the show. I like my shoes and fit to stand out and have people say damn that's dope how he matched those shoes with that I don't see anyone else wearing that. Those websites (sneakergallery.com and njdriveclothing.com) at least one person in your town @AirSakuragi will have that shirt with those kicks. I will admit I bought this shirt (below) because I liked the song and design. But I usually find unique stuff from Pacsun, lord & taylor, neiman marcus, or some different store/online store most sneakerheads don't shop at.

JUMPMANmock_white_1_6a13a4bb-4ad9-44b7-8875-b51383a61755_large.jpg
Not that many people around my area don't know about sneakgallery.com. 

2013 Retro Shirt:

View media item 2084486
1990 OG Shirt:

View media item 2084490

View media item 2084503

View media item 2084505

View media item 2084506

View media item 2084527

:lol: Got the OG black/metallic shirt you posted and full OG Grape suit in storage somewhere. Didn't realize they re-released those. Do the sleeves zip off like the OGs did?

:lol: Got the OG black/metallic shirt you posted and full OG Grape suit in storage somewhere. Didn't realize they re-released those. Do the sleeves zip off like the OGs did?
On the nylon Grape and black/red jackets, yes they do zip off. On the Modernized jackets, they don't.

The black and red suit is pretty much a 1:1 retro of the original. The Grape jacket has a white Jumpman and white 23 on the neck instead of Emerald like on the original.

Last edited:
YES, those! I want that pants so bad! I may search on ebay for a pair..lol
THAT may be tough. I hardly ever see just the nylon pants come up on eBay anymore. A year or two ago they did, because I guess resellers bought Nike.com's and Eastbay's leftovers and were trying to liquidate. The nylon jackets still come up somewhat regularly, as do the Modernized jackets. I still prefer the nylon.

Well damn John Connor was rockin these in the movie? I've seen this movie a million times and NOT seen one shot of these during the course of this movie..Either way these will be copped.

Last edited:
Well damn John Connor was rockin these in the movie? I've seen this movie a million times and NOT seen one shot of these during the course of this movie..Either way these will be copped.
I think he was wearing black boots in the movie, AJ 5's in like the promo photos with Arnold as seen posted.

That's just my guess.

I think he was wearing black boots in the movie, AJ 5's in like the promo photos with Arnold as seen posted.

That's just my guess.
No, he was actually wearing black/metallic AJ Vs in the movie. I watched that movie for years before I noticed the Vs. If I recall, you should be able to see them in the desert scenes. The standard uniform for humanity's savior was an oversized olive-ish army style shirt-jacket (sleeves rolled up), a black PE shirt, and black/metallics. There's a stand out fit for any of you who don't like JB's apparel. LOL.

Last edited:
Guys just got word from my mans' connects' connect who's baby momma works part time at champs that these will be limited to 5 pairs per store

Back
Top Bottom